Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Start of new journey

I know I'm not posting this in the correct section, but thought I would share my news with my fellow victorious valentines.

Having lost 115lbs since my banding on 02.02.08, I'm starting on the plastic surgery journey, with a mastopexy booked for tomorrow!! I'm not having implants, having been big chested all my life, now the weight has gone, the boobs have too! I figure I can live with a B/C cup, this is from a G cup!

Next will be either an extended Tummy Tuck or belt lipectomy, hopefully in Jan/Feb '10. Possibly arm lift too, if DH agrees!

Keep fingers & toes crossed for me!

Sadie :frown:

Thats fabulous Sadie! And it is a journey I expect some of us will follow you on. Please keep us posted and expect to be inundated with questions.

Congratulations on your weight loss and good luck on your surgerys!

This is a great place to post this!

Are you at goal, then? I think plastic surgery is just out of reach financially for me, and maybe even emotionally, I don't know if I could actually go through with it. But I do certainly have a lot of stuff I'd like to see gone! Wiggly arms, baggy legs, hanging stomach, not to mention the formerly size H girls that are now flat against my chest without any support. I feel fine with clothes on, but it is always there.

Keep us posted on your progress!

Well, here's a quick update on what's been happening....

Maxtopexy was completed beautifully. I am extremely happy with them! I'm now a 34E - I was a 44G at my biggest so woo hoo!!

Although I paid privately for the mastopexy (£5,000), I was able to get a consultation through the NHS (National Health Service) with the same surgeon. My family Doctor had referred me for a Tummy Tuck, but when the PS examined me, he said I would get a better result with a lower body lift... I could have kissed him. And what makes it taste all the sweeter is that I don't have to pay for it! PLUS, he said he'll do my arm reduction too through the NHS, saving me around another £3,000.

The lower body lift should be within 6 weeks.... :biggrin:

Good for you Sadie! I am about 20 poounds away from goal - I think I can say that I haven't used my band wisely but I am losing. You are an inspiration!

Well, here's a quick update on what's been happening....

Maxtopexy was completed beautifully. I am extremely happy with them! I'm now a 34E - I was a 44G at my biggest so woo hoo!!

Although I paid privately for the mastopexy (£5,000), I was able to get a consultation through the NHS (National Health Service) with the same surgeon. My family Doctor had referred me for a Tummy Tuck, but when the PS examined me, he said I would get a better result with a lower body lift... I could have kissed him. And what makes it taste all the sweeter is that I don't have to pay for it! PLUS, he said he'll do my arm reduction too through the NHS, saving me around another £3,000.

The lower body lift should be within 6 weeks.... :biggrin:

Wee update.....

Lower body lift done 09.01.10 - unbelievably sore, worse pain ever, but would do it again!!! (had vacation in Florida 6 wks after surgery - flying from Scotland - 9hr flight - did theme parks, wore bikini, felt fabulous!)

7lbs of loose skin gone 14cm at front 10cm at sides, 2cm on back.

Band slipped 03.17.11 - no pain but couldn't eat or drink for 4 days. was awful..... Went to operating theatre that night, and band was put back into place.

Have gained 25lbs in 2 months.... not happy...... Bariatric Team told me a patient put on 14lbs in 10 days so don't worry about my 25lbs......!!!!

Band now has 3mls in it..... another fill tomorrow....... I REALLY need restriction. This extra weight is annoying the hell outta me..... although everyone says I look better, healthier etc. I admit I feel better, permanent heartburn is now gone....no night reflux.....feeling permanently cold is gone and DH prefers me like this!

Gonna get rid of this 25lbs over the next 6 months....

BTW Brachioplasty hopefully in the next 6 weeks..... yay!

Sadie :D