Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay guys- i am postop day 3. i had my surgery on wednesday. i do find that the more i walk the better i feel but there still seems to be a pain the creeps up the middle of my stomach that freezes me in my tracks! I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced this and for how long. and two more things- what is the most comfortable sleeping position and how can i get in 64 oz of Water and Protein without overdoing it becuase it's hard for me to get down 16 oz without feeling full. HELP!!

While I didn't experience the pain you are, I was "seasick" for almost a week.

I am 11 days post op and I'm still not getting in 64 oz. I simply do the best I can, a little at a time. If your pee is getting dark, you're not getting enough fluids. Remember, too, that popsicles and yogurt count as fluids.

We all want to be back up and, well maybe not running, but at it again as soon as possible, but we have to let our bodies heal or we will relapse, and we don't want that. So cut yourself some slack, take it easy.

Hi and Congrats on your surgery!!

For me, the 10 day mark was definitely a turnaround and it does get better every day. What you are feeling is normal.

For liquids, try sugar free popsicles. They help you to get your liquid in and they are tasty. I had so many of those in the first several days. Also just take lots of sips, they will all add up!

As for sleeping, what helped me is to put a pillow on my side to help support my stomach. That made a big difference as it is difficult for me to fall asleep on my back.

Best of luck to you!!! In a couple of days you will feel much better!! :(

Hi! I have been banded for 9 months now and what REALLY helped me at the beginning, and still now, to get all my Protein and liquids in was Isopure. You can get it at GNC or on their online store. You can buy large ones with 40grams of protein in each bottle or do the smaller ones with 15grams per bottle. I started off right after surgery with the large glass bottles and stuck with them for about 3 months until I knew I could eat more solid protein. Now I use the smaller 15gram bottles to supplement each day. They have a no carb version which is GREAT! Tons of flavors but the best one, hands down, is Grape Frost. Almost tastes like a grape sweet-tart. I don't know what I would do without them. They aren't heavy or thick. Its just like drinking Crystal Light. Here is a link to the Grape Frost flavored ones on the GNC website, Drinks - Protein - GNC

If you search Isopure on their site you can see all the different flavors. Don't worry, it will get easier every day!!!

:(

Hi!

I am 10 days post op and was concerened about the same thing you are, Water. 64 oz? Holy cow ill never be able to do it. BUT I did. In the am when I get up, before I have my meal, I drink 16 OZ of Water. It usualy takes me about 30 to 40 mins to do it, then I have Breakfast. 1 hour later I start on my 2nd 16 oz bottle and the same there, 30 to 40 mins to finish. Then I eat lunch and wait 1 hour and have my 3rd bottle, I do the same thing at dinner time wait and hour and have my last bottle, theres 60 oz's. I like to have 1 or 2 popsicles somewhere through my day and it gives me my required amount of Fluid. It took a little getting used to but it helps get em in. Good luck to you. OH,., 10 days out and im down 12.5 pounds! YAY!

i'm 2 days post op and am experiencing the same pain that you are!!! I find that it's like I have to burp and it gets stuck under the band and kills for a few secdonds then goes away...ive been taking gasx strips every couple of hours and this seems to have helped as well as walking. I too can't get 64ozs of Water in i'm lucky if i'm getting 10 ozs in...

I had surgery wednesday as well. I have 0 appetite. liquids go down fine but I can barely get down 500 calories. The gas pains come and go. The problem is trying to burp hurts a good bit. I am guessing because of the swelling. Also, I have wicked heartburn which I am trying to get control of with antacids. Probably doesen't help that all of the acid is churning with no food to break down. I think I am at the what the hell did I just do stage and I know I will get past it. I am walking alot but like I said burping hurts. Just a soreness. I am sure nothing is wrong but I am looking forward to getting at least a bit of an appetite back. Based on everything I read it will come back with a vengance in a few weeks.

I was banded on Sept. 18th so I know what you are talking about. I got up and walked around a lot, which really does help. I still burp a lot, especially when I've been sitting for a while and then get up and move around. At first it hurt but it's not too bad now. Each day gets a little bit better. It took about a week to really start feeling better. Good luck to you!

Today is day 10 for me, and I have almost no pain, a slight burning if I bend over or something like that. I also feel like I did before that surgery as far as hunger and feel like I could eat a hamburger or something--which of course I won't!

After surgery, I could only sleep in a recliner for the first 5 nights.

I was banded on Wed 9/23....I am in 0 pain, but I am so bloated, bloated, bloated....anyone else??!!??

Alos, the brusing a few inches below my port incision is ridiculous.....red, purple and raised??? not sure why because it is not near any of my inisions...

I like sleeping propped up on a bunch of pillows on my back...I am a side sleeper, but can't right now :seeya:

Also, I just sip, sip sip all day!

I am also post op 3 days and yes I am experiencing the same pain. My nurse told me to put a heating pad on my stomach and that does help. Think about it they do it for babies. I also am having trouble drinking that much Water. I am having hunger pains and it's driving me nuts. I drink my broth and eat s.f. Jello, but that only last a little while. I also thought what did I do to my self because two weeks of not eating is hard. I finally last night was able to sleep on my side, and I use the pillow behind my back to support my stomach. I hope these two weeks goes by fast cause I'm tired of feeling like crap.

Try Unjury.com. They have the usual vanilla, strawberry, chocolate plus Unflavored and chicken Soup Flavor (which is actually really really good). The chicken soup one is actually my favorite. 8oz Water + 1 scoop gets you a whopping 21g Protein plus it counts towards your fluids. And you feel like your getting an extra meal in :seeya:

Good luck!