Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded on 9/16...my dr had me on liquids for 48 hours. I have been really careful with mushy foods to make sure they are really mushy and have only been eating small amounts to make sure I don't overdo.

Is it normal to feel the band? I know that is a weird question, but it just started yesterday. It doesn't hurt, I can just feel it when I eat or burp. I don't have any saline yet. This morning I ate a scrambled egg and could feel it going past the band (or at least that is what it felt like).

Since I have seen so many people on liquids for a week, I am a little concerned about slipping.

For a few weeks after I was banded, it seemed like I could feel the band (or something). The feeling eventually went away, though; I'm at my sweet spot and don't feel a thing.

I was also banded on the 16th, nice to find someone else who was too.:bored:

I was only on liquids the first day. After that it was what I could tolerate. I am eating solid foods and handle it quite well. I have lost 8 1/2 pounds since surgery and im walking on my treadmill and around the yard during the day. I FEEL Water go by my band, I dont know if thats feeling the band, but its also the only thing I feel go through , or past the band. I hanve never felt anytihng else. Pleas, if you dont mind, I would love to keep in touch with somone who was banded the same time I was. If thats ok, let me know and I will send my email addy to you. Good luck.:smile2:

At first, I was very aware of liquids and very mushy food passing through the stoma (band). Now, almost 8 months later, I am occasionally aware of very cold liquids (like ice water). I think that's pretty typical.

rottie, I would love to keep up with you. I am also glad to find someone who was banded on the same day. Please send me an email!

I certainly felt my band for about 2 weeks...

Now I kind of feel it... If I get food stuck, and then it "drops" I feel it... very wierd, but a great feeling after being in pain!!!!

rottie, I would love to keep up with you. I am also glad to find someone who was banded on the same day. Please send me an email!

:bored: Hi, my email is emt69@live.com.

I cant wait to hear from ya and hear how its going .

Hello All,

I was banded on September 14th and it is so nice to have people to relate to and see progress being made. My surgery went great, but my Doctor has kept me on a 2 week post-op liquid diet. I am going stir crazy with boredom because of the Protein shakes. My biggest issue is that everytime I drink one I get pain in my left shoulder so I haven't been taken in the Protein needed. I found out the hard way that Protein=Energy. I went back to work yesterday and looked like the walking dead..LOL...I am stepping it up and working through the Left shoulder pain so I can get my protein boost.