Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

when is all the pain suppose to go away im just scared when i go back to school on tuesday im going to have all this pain, when im moving around in stuff..

weight.png

Well I got banned on September 17,2009, and I am 16 years old! I started the process when I was 15 1/2!!

1. I went back to school exactly 7 days after my surgery

2. I dont think there is any lifting over 20lbs for the first 4-6 weeks.

3. The lap band has been the hardest thing in my life! I experienced pain for the first 4days, then i got sick. The first week or so I couldnt drink or eat because i would feel so so sick. But on the brightside Ihave lost 15pounds since the surgery and 30 pounds total since my pre op diet! I havent told anyone beside my parents siblings and my best friend! I love the band, but its hard work. I work out 3 times a week at Curves for 30 mins. I go for my first fill October 14!! So im excited to see how much less I will eat!!

I wish you the best on decidinhg if the band is for you!!

Nikqua_16-

Thanks for your resoponce.

Wow, 7 day? hmm, im hopeing I can get it on x-mas break cause it like.. 2 weeks off, I think. =.]

Yeah, Ive been told. lol

Wow, ehh, I hope I can do it. =.] Wow 30 lbs, thats great, I hope you do wonderful on your jouney. =.] Lol, I can't wait until I can say I get my first fill on ____ lol. =.] Well good luck =.]

Thanks. =.]

IHaveh0pe3-

Im sorry, I do not know about the pain, im not yet banded.

But I hope you do well.

Good luck on your journey, and I hope you feel better soon, and school goes very well for you.

yea thats what i was thinking too i dont want to be one of the failures :/

Nikkielynn-

I think everybody worries about it durring the journey. But we can't let it keep us back. So lets try and keep positive, and strive ourselfs to work hard and get where we want to be in life.. thin and healthy. =.]

yea i am excited to see the end process think i ve been doing pretty good i eat half of what i use to its so nice to be able to finsh and not still be hungry i am like never hungry anymore like once and a while i will get hungry but not like i use its nice

-Sorry I haven't posted in a while, its hard to find time these days, with school, and haveing to fight for the comp from my sister.

Yeah, ehh.. im excited to even start getting my journey going. I have to wait until I get approved by an insurance company first, then get approved by them, I hope I do, but my dad said if I don't get approved by a company for it he will pay out of pocket cause hes very supportive, and hes afraid if I don't do something, and soon, hes going to lose me, and he couldn't handle it. =./ The thing is I rather him not, but what happens happens I guess. Thats good, you must feel so good when you see how much other people eat, and how much you can eat so little, and feel so satisfiyed. I read on a post that someone said that they went out to eat with their family, and couldn't believe how much people actualy eat lol. I seems nice. =.]

its amazing. like i realized how much i use to eat and cant believe it. and when people are always complmenting you it feels amazing like my firends are always say wow you look so good what are you doing to lose the weight and its just amazing :thumbdown: when do you find out if your approved or not ???

Awe, I bet. =.] Im so happy for you. I think im going to be so stund when I relize how much I eat, and how much everyone else around me does, and stuff. Thats awesome, its got to feel so great when you get compliments from your friends, and even people you were never to close to, but notice. It must feel like you've accomplised part of your journey. Thats awesome. =.] Well, I have to send in the first payment, and then im pretty sure im approved for the insurance. Then I have to talk to my doctor about it, and see what, and who he recamends for me, then my doctor and I have to send in approval to the insurance company, and then wait for that, then if I get approved I have to go through all of the pre-op stuff. So its going to be a while, but im hopeing that by december it could happen for me. =.]

Well, I had my band Dec 10, of last year, and I'm almost 100 pounds down =]. The pain goes away after about a week. The Gas pains in my arm and shoulder KILLED me. lmao, But I got over it, you guys can too, it's all so worth it in the end. And it's true... I go to subway with my friends(all of which are skinny :thumbdown: ), and we all get 6" subs, and within 3-4 minutes all of them are licking their fingers, and I've taken 4 bites lmao. it's a good feeling, You're going to love it. =]

RyanX93- congrats I'm down 33pounds since surgery(July 31st) but of course I was so nauseated I barely was able to eat. Had severe nausea for about a month and a half I still get it and it sucks. I caught a bad cold and I'm now just getting over the flu. My expeirence with the band hasn't been all that great and it dissapoints me. I'm in my last year of high school and I missed 2 and 3 days out of September(severe nausea and dizzy-ness) and 2 weeks this month(cold/flu) hopefully this is it for that. I still haven't gotten my first fill yet I'm supposed to get it on novermber 18th depending on how I feel... So you're able to eat bread? Cause I always wanted to go to subway and I just realized you could get the bread toasted, are you able to eat lettuce, tomatoes, and onions? I'm not sure if I was aloud to have that should ask eh? I tried pizza and it doesn't bother me but I was scared to try it but I was in Pennsylvania and all they had at my uncles and the wedding was pizza lol owell that's over. I don't think I get enough fluids down and I don't know how to make sure I do. I know I drink less fluids than I did before surgery

Evanescent_Soul-just so you know, I'm still alive lol

RyanX39- Thank you for your reply. Thats awesome, I hope I do as well as you. I heard the gas pains were intence. Awesome, I can't wait until I get that experience.

Erin18- Its nice to hear from you again lol. How are you doing? You had the flu I read, I have the flu too, but they think its H1N1, my school had a huge break out, over 600 students.

Hey, so congrats on you guys for losing your weight!! im way excited i get my band on Novemeber 19th :] im really excited my only thing is im on liquid diet now, and thats kinda a bummer im only 2 days in and im sick of protien drinks i think they are gross. im hoping ill get used to them and actually like them. its kinda hard to stick to. cause i still go out EVERY night and all my friends eat like mcdonalds and crap. now they are used to me not eating cause i dont like that food but my boyfriend ALWAYS insists i take bite of his food, hes weird like that i dont really know why. haha. but yea, he doesnt know im having a lapband surgery my bestfriend knows and shes nearly as excited as me, shes like omg we can share clothes! to bad shes a size 0-2? i just really wanna get my band like now! im really kinda scared though... ive never had surgery people say theres alot of pain after wards and that you feel shitty. pain i can deal with but being nausea i dont know if i can handle that especially if its all the time. the worst part is i have tickets already to see new moon on the 19th at midnight, i have surgery at 8am on the 19th and i really dont wanna feel shitty for the movie. :[ but thats okay. i think its worth it. :thumbup:well i hope you guys have a good day and good luck in the future!!!

-babyburnzi i Know how yhu feel i've been on the pre-op diet for almost 3 weeks now!:w00t: and it sucks because all my familly be eating regular food and I just be so tempted to eat regular food because im just sick of the Protein Shakes and the Soups and stuff! also at school i just drink shakes and Soup and all my friends look at me crazy because the know how i usually eat ( i didnt tell them i was having surgery just my bestfriend!) My scheduled date is november 13th so im almost there but, i wish yhu good luck on your pre-op diet!