Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well I went to my family Dr yesterday to talk to him about this procedure and to see if he recommended anyone in Waco. We then as we wer talking about other issues he thought I might have the beginning stages of diabetes... well so i got some blood work today and we will see tomorrow... and i went to set up appt with the Dr in Waco and sooo now instead for going for my first appt on monday I now have to wait until oct 19 to go to the Seminar... I dont want to go the seminar I just want to get on with it... I am 110% sure I want to do this... so why do I have to wait another month before they will even set up my appt???!!! I guess i just need to be patient but I dont want to!!! The sooner I get to do this the soon I will feel better (healthier)... anyways i just needed to vent! thanks for listening!:blushing:

I know exactly how you feel...The process is outrageously long. I went to the seminar in April and finally got the surgery scheduled for Sept 14th. I just kept having to tell myself that there was a reason it wasn't happening faster..I still don't know the reason, but I'm sure there is one!! Hang in there, it will happen how and when it is supposed to.:blushing:

Hang in there. Before you know it will be here. I know exactly how you feel. Patience is so hard because we have built a momentum and want to keep it going. Keep coming back to this forum and read, read, read. It helps the time go by. Good luck to you.

Liz

I think everyone needs to start out with a seminar then depaneidng on insurance you ahve 3 (PPO) additional or 6 (HMO). Self pay is deteremined by the program you are entering,

I went to seminar in Marchm and have completed 2 one on one with RD and 2 shared medical/group appointments. I have one more with the RD. Then insurance aproval and THEN the psych visit finally the surgery will be scheduled.

I too was like you in the beginning - hey folks I know what I want/need let's get this show on the road but now that I have been in the program for a while I'm grateful for the support and the clear understanding of what lap band is and how it works.

Hang in there-

I completely understand your anguish! The process is forever long. but.... I will finally be having my surgery on October 5. A little over 1 year from the day I first attended the seminar. But hopefully the wait is worth it.:w00t:

Sorry...I, like all the others understand your frustration.

I have HMO - so I need 6 months of documented weight loss effort. :w00t: I've been to Weight Watchers more times than I care to count - and had a couple of 6 month stints. Doesn't matter cuz I don't have anything to document it AND it wasn't within the last 4 years that my insurance requires :blushing:

I went to my PCP last night (my back is giving me fits) and I asked him if there was *any* way to get around that 6 months thing. He told me no :lol:

So WHO knows *when* and *if* I will ever get a band.

hang in there.

Yeah, it takes seemingly forever. There are a lot of tests, but they just want to ensure you'll survive surgery. The preop diet it a good way to get started on your big losing spree. I lost 44 pounds preop and it was nice to be able to take that momentum into the post-surgery life. Use your time to find out as much as you can about the Lap Band and the lifestyle you'll need to follow.

Good luck!

PS: As for the diabetes thing, there's a good chance that it'll disappear as you lose weight. A lot of the type 2 diabetes is caused by excess weight. Every time I've lost weight below a certain number I've been able to ditch my diabetes medicine. I already was able to get rid of the insulin shots.

Alot of us experienced that.

However, as sucky as it seems its a HUGE life changing event and they are making sure no one is rushing into it. We have all done our research yes but they have to cover themselves too.

While you're waiting do you plan to use insurance to pay? If so make sure you call the insurance and have them fax you the requirements and begin working on the list. If you have a 6 month diet requirement find a dietitian and start seeing them get the first appt out of the way.. Small things like that.

I will be self-pay. By attending the seminar, the doc is waiving the $200 initial consultation fee, so for me, it was worth it. However, I was able to get into a seminar quickly, as the local doc holds them monthly and I had called only two weeks before the next seminar was being held.

Hello All! I was banded August 31st of this year. I am on my 13th day of post op Clear Liquids. Water, broth and Gatorade. It's not the easiest thing I've ever done. :lol: But I've not cheated at all. The reason I'm sharing this with you all is that I truly believe that the hoops I had to jump thru in order to get the surgery is keeping me honest about my liquid diet. I know me, if it had been easy, I may not have the will power to keep sippin on my broth. :w00t: Keep your head up! When ur surgery date arrives, it's THE BEST DAY in the world!! It was better than a kid waiting for Christmas morning!! :blushing: Thanks for posting everyone! You all help keep me honest abt my diet as well!

Thank you all for the support... I heard back from the DR today and I AM NOT DIABETIC!!!! I keep trying to tell myself that it just takes time just like i didnt gain it over night so i cant expect to get to loose it over night it all takes time... and I am on a PPO so thanks-TinaM that makes me feel better to know that i might only have to do the 3month instead for the 6 month so that will make things a little quicker if thats the case for me! And I really do need to go to the seminar I just have 50000 other things going on i just dont want to sit through it but i know i really should... and that is a good idea - brandy to go ahead and call and get everything going now so that will also help move things right along!

Again thank you all so much for the support y'all made me feel alot better!

I love this place!

I thought 6 months was super long too but now I'm scheduled for 9/22, woohoo... and now I think it went by quick...

I had to do the 6 month program for insurance coverage and didn't find out until my last appointment that BCBS of Illinois changed their criteria on July 1st and I only need 3 months! The center didn't catch it either so I felt like I wasted two months, but everything happens for a reason so I'm okay with it... most days, lol

I work and go to school so the time went pretty quick for me...

PS - Make sure you periodically check with your insurance coverage for any changes... most companies are changing their policies since this surgery is more accepted now...

Sorry...I, like all the others understand your frustration.

I have HMO - so I need 6 months of documented weight loss effort. :thumbup: I've been to Weight Watchers more times than I care to count - and had a couple of 6 month stints. Doesn't matter cuz I don't have anything to document it AND it wasn't within the last 4 years that my insurance requires :frown:

I went to my PCP last night (my back is giving me fits) and I asked him if there was *any* way to get around that 6 months thing. He told me no :seeya:

So WHO knows *when* and *if* I will ever get a band.

hang in there.

Kelly, Don't say *when* and *if*. Say, "I will get that band", "I will get that band", "I will get that band"

Positive thinking! Just do what you have to do. Hang in there sweetie! Liz

I also jumped thru all the hoops and was scheduled for banding on Sept. 9th only to wake up on the 7th with the mother of all colds. Surgery had to be cancelled - let me tell you - I was VERY disappointed ! ! ! I have a trip planned to Denver the first week in October. We land at home at 10pm on the 8th and I am scheduled for the 9th - yea ! ! ! !

I have highmarkblueshield/ppo blue any body knoy what they want?