Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Trying to get off the Titanic here.....

Hi friends, my name is Jerald. I live in the Atlanta, GA area and was banded 2/07. After losing 40 lbs or so, working out 5 days a week and following the "rules" of my new life at the feeding trough, I hit a plateau that last 5 months. I followed several different suggestions as to how to "kickstart" my metabolism which is as slow as email replies from my ex. Anyway.... since Dec, I have slowly added the pounds back that I previously slaved off. All the while, still following the eating rules fairly well such as no wheat products, no dairy, no red meat, no heavy starches, Protein Shakes, Vitamins, more Water everyday,etc.. I eat mostly chicken, fish and turkey. I need a sponsor or equivalent to advise me how to get down the road of weight loss and reach my goal. Thanks for listening and I hope to become a regular here. Have a Great Week! Jerald180

It sucks when you seem to be doing everything right and the weight still seems to be working against you. As a general rule - I eat pretty balanced on a day to day basis, but here are some things that worked for me to break the plateaus:

1. I would log my food. I know it takes time but the insight can be really helpful. You dont have to do it forever but just to see what your intake. I used the DailyPLate.com and it made the task tolerable.

2. I would throw in a couple of days of Protein Shots from GNC.

3.If I had been eating normally (say around 1500 calories) then I pump up the calories for a couple of days, then I drop it back to 1500.

4. I found interval cardio really helpful. Its all about tricking the body.

Good Luck -I hope you find something that works for you.

Hi! Sorry to hear of all your troubles....How many fills have you had? It is very important to be filled to optimal restriction.

Keep us updated and good luck!

I agree with the fills thing. And frankly I find your diet too austere. Seriously, why no red meat? (I'm a Texan, that is almost sacrilege LOL) Why no dairy? Why no heavy starches occasionally?

If I were you, I'd sign up for like a 10-session run of Weight Watchers. I'd work that program, eat "their" way...and see at 10 weeks where I stood. You may be out $100 or so but otherwise it can't hurt and may very well help you. Restriction is important...and the WW thing. That's my suggestion.