Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Fill tomorrow!! 11cc band...

Hello!!

I am getting my first fill tomorrow! I am very excited! Since I am "empty" right now, I can eat pretty much anything with no problem.. and I have lost nothing more since the liquid phase after surgery..

Anything I should know? I am hoping that this is where the weight loss really begins..and I hope it does! After 3 weeks, I was back in the gym, but still no loss..

I was told to only have Clear liquids a few hours before and 3 days of liquids after (this coming from Dr. Ortiz..I am getting filled here in Maryland).

Also..I have an 11cc band... was is a typical cc you get the first time? I am assuming that is different for everyone?

I am not afraid of needles...more eager than anything!!

Thanks!

Agnes

Edited by Agnes

Hello!!

I am getting my first fill tomorrow! I am very excited! Since I am "empty" right now, I can eat pretty much anything with no problem.. and I have lost nothing more since the liquid phase after surgery..

Anything I should know? I am hoping that this is where the weight loss really begins..and I hope it does! After 3 weeks, I was back in the gym, but still no loss..

I was told to only have Clear Liquids a few hours before and 3 days of liquids after (this coming from Dr. Ortiz..I am getting filled here in Maryland).

Also..I have an 11cc band... was is a typical cc you get the first time? I am assuming that is different for everyone?

I am not afraid of needles...more eager than anything!!

Thanks!

Agnes

bump....................................

bump....................................

bump............................

Agnes, in all of my reading at LBT I haven't spotted any concensus of first fill amounts. My Doc does 2-3 cc which does not give restriction, and then only fills every 6 weeks at 1 cc. Goes w/o saying I hate my doc, sincerely, for that and other things.

Good luck with your fill. I hope you get 5 cc to start.

Mimi

I'm going for my first fill on Friday. My surgeon says that he doesn't like to put too much in on the first fill.. I have no clue how much "just a little" is.. I'm hoping for not too much, not too little. So far, I haven't been able to tell a huge difference.. I mean, I can tell when I eat too much, I feel full quicker in the pouch spot, and it's not comfy..

What I'm searching for now... is what others do for diet before and after fills. Liquid for how long.. transition.. etc. I haven't the foggiest.

I hope your fill went well. And I hope you post back. :sad:

~Sonia

Hey Agnes! I have an 11-cc realize band-c and have my first fill on August 10. I had an empty band, and they filled me with 4cc. I have pretty decent restriction, and think I'm just another fill away from my sweet spot.

Good luck!

Agnes, in all of my reading at LBT I haven't spotted any concensus of first fill amounts. My Doc does 2-3 cc which does not give restriction, and then only fills every 6 weeks at 1 cc. Goes w/o saying I hate my doc, sincerely, for that and other things.

Good luck with your fill. I hope you get 5 cc to start.

Mimi

HI!

I got 4cc...i feel like i have some restriction..here and there...but most times, I can eater whatever with no problem. I am going back 8/24 for another fill and he is doing is for free! if you dont like your doc, cant you go to another for fills?

Good luck!!

I'm going for my first fill on Friday. My surgeon says that he doesn't like to put too much in on the first fill.. I have no clue how much "just a little" is.. I'm hoping for not too much, not too little. So far, I haven't been able to tell a huge difference.. I mean, I can tell when I eat too much, I feel full quicker in the pouch spot, and it's not comfy..

What I'm searching for now... is what others do for diet before and after fills. Liquid for how long.. transition.. etc. I haven't the foggiest.

I hope your fill went well. And I hope you post back. :biggrin:

~Sonia

*i think that depends on your doc..

I was told..only clear liquids a couple hours before and liquids for 2-3 days after..

however..i read some people do liquids for a day then mushies...?

hope that helps! Good Luck!

Hey Agnes! I have an 11-cc realize band-c and have my first fill on August 10. I had an empty band, and they filled me with 4cc. I have pretty decent restriction, and think I'm just another fill away from my sweet spot.

Good luck!

I got 4cc too!...i feel like i have some restriction..here and there...but most times, I can eater whatever with no problem. I am going back 8/24 for another fill and he is doing is for free! I hope the sweet spot comes soon!!

Sounds like the fill went well. I go for my first fill at the end of the month. I have a 10cc band and they put in 3cc at the day of surgery. I hope they put a few more cc's in. I feel like I'm hungry all the time. I have had a few moments of that "full" feeling and a few stucks. Other than that the weight loss from the liquid phase is slowing down :biggrin:

I have an 11ml band and my 1st fill was 3ml. I'm back on 1st Sept for another 3ml. My Surgeon says that fills should only ever be a month apart... never any closer as your body needs time to adjust.

He also doesn't require you to liuid / mush before or afterwards, and I was on mushies as I left hospital after surgery.... whay I'm trying to get at is that everyone is different!!

I just had my first fill. I was banded 7/7 with an 11 cc band. The doctor started with 6cc's...had me drink water....it ddidnt go down too smooth..he unfilled to 4.5....drank more water--no problem...he ended up putting another .5 in - so he filled me 5cc's total.

I am to do 2 days of liquids..followed by 2 days of mushies. After that they said i can just slowly proceed with making wise choices....

I'm sooo excited to have finally gotten a fill. Although now that i'm back on liquids...they did mention Protein drinks..and i guess creamy or clear Soups are ok (he didnt say clear liquids..just liquids to mushy...).

I'm just looking forward to losing..because i had no fill or no restriction..i was starting to eat larger quantities.---of the right foods still - just too much of 'em. Hopefully this is the beginning of good solid weight loss...

I got my second fill yesterday which brought me up to 4cc's and I can feel restriction pretty good at this point. I have no diet restrictions for fills. My surgeon just told me that I might want to softer foods the first couple days. As long as I chew real good I am ok.

I just had my first fill. I was banded 7/7 with an 11 cc band. The doctor started with 6cc's...had me drink water....it ddidnt go down too smooth..he unfilled to 4.5....drank more water--no problem...he ended up putting another .5 in - so he filled me 5cc's total.

I am to do 2 days of liquids..followed by 2 days of mushies. After that they said i can just slowly proceed with making wise choices....

I'm sooo excited to have finally gotten a fill. Although now that i'm back on liquids...they did mention Protein drinks..and i guess creamy or clear Soups are ok (he didnt say clear liquids..just liquids to mushy...).

I'm just looking forward to losing..because i had no fill or no restriction..i was starting to eat larger quantities.---of the right foods still - just too much of 'em. Hopefully this is the beginning of good solid weight loss...

Your post sound EXACTLY like me!

after a 4cc fill, I def was eating more than a "hand full"....I was making good choices, but def eating too much!

I had my 2nd fill yesterday...my doc did the same thing. he had 2 more cc's (total of 6cc) and the Water didnt go down. He took out .5 cc and it went down fine! So, I am now at 5.5cc total...so we'll see!!!

I have 2 days of liquids...so I guess i wont know really, until i eat..

Keep in touch! good luck!!