Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

what's the best and accurate scale?

i heard from another thread that the Tanita HD351 is a good and accurate scale. i have two scales and they say different things one upstairs says 224.5 and the one down stairs says 219.0. i want to weigh and measure myself every fridays but i cant weigh myself unless i know i have a good and accurate scale. i know i said i wasnt going to weigh myself til i go for follow up's or fills but id like to know every fri or every other

I have the Tanita HD 351. It is a fabulous scale. Very accurate (my weights are consistent with those at my physicians office), and easy to use. I like that the different user buttons record the last weight. My husband weighs on #1 and I use #2. Whenever I hit #2, it pops up with my most recent weight. I do not remember how much we paid for the scale, but it was not cheap. If you already have 2 scales, you could just pick which one you want to use. Even if the scale isn't 100% accurate, it should still reflect accurate weight loss.

Like the previous poster said, even if it isn't 100% accurate and in-sync with your doctor's scale, you can still track your weight loss.

I work at a hospital, so I use the big "professional" scale there...it's always about 3 pounds off compared to my doctors. But this way I know if it says I weight 214, then my doctor's office will show 217.

I was going to say "Tanita" but I think I may have been the one who said it was great in the other post! :crying:

Just fyi when I bought it I was a frequent poster on the WW chat board for super obese people so used that resource to scan old posts about bath scales, plus asked on several forums for people's favorites, and Tanita won hands down for durability and functionality and accuracy. Plus I read reviews on Amazon about it. So I selected the one that worked best for me.

You may not need a scale that will weigh up to 440 and if you don't, any Tanita branded scale is likely to be a good piece of equipment. :thumbup:

thanks, my mom want to buy a new scale but i think the up stairs scale is off by one i wont know til friday when i go get my surgery if they weigh me

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches