Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone banded 6/30/09 Would love to talk to you!

Today I had some tunafish and 2 crackers. It tasted sooooooooo... good. I find to stretch out my meal in the day that I get up and keep doing housework in order to make the meal last for 35 to 45 minutes. And I am really chewing. Question for you guys what does PB mean? I have seen it in several threads and I am assuming it means food getting stuck? I am so worried about food getting stuck.

Banded: 06/30/09 Dr. Connie Campbell CMC

weight.png

I think it means Productive belch, don"t really know that for sure, they were talking about getting food stuck and then had a pb and it came up, like the air pushed the food back up, what do you think?:thumbup:

Thank you. I am chewing and really trying to eat slow. Been reading the threads and realize we all lose differently and at different rates. I am following some advice and weighing once a week and using the measuring tape. Also starting to excercing. Which makes me feel better. We all will make it. Just take one day at a time.

How's everyone doing? Some of you guys are having fills this week; are you excited? Scared? Ready?Anyone have kinda of have pains after eating of in the throat or chest area? It is like I can feel the lapband as weird as that sounds. Its sorta of painful but really only last for a second or two? I also notice this pain when I wake up from sleeping. I amssuming it is just healing that is going on in my body. Also, sorry alittle( tmi) but is anyone else find that you have more gas since the lapband. I have found since I have been eating real food; I am passing gas after I eat an hour or so . Its embarassing. Everyone good luck on your fills ; I am sure everything will go smoothly. Have a great week everyone!

Banded: June 30th,2009 CMC Manchester NH Dr. Connie Campbell

weight.png

I have my first fill on tues and I am already scared! Anyone else freaking out? They do mine under xray so I dont think they have to poke around as much but still just worried!

You will do fine Happiness; I know you will, relax. Let us know how it goes. Do you have to be on liquids tomorrow and Wednesday after the fill?

Banded: 06/30/09 CMC Manchester NH Dr. Connie Campbellweight.pngmbell

i had my lapband on april 14 by dr.treen in louisiana and have had 2 fills. 1.5cc each fill. i have lost 32 lbs. i am set for another fill on 8/18/09. give it time and you will start to see the weight loss. its only been a little over 3months and would not change a thing. don't rush the fills. feel your body out and listen to it.

Hi, yes I also get the achie feeling, kinda of hurts, I think I am eating to fast, I can just about eat what i want...That is not a good thing, really been eating, I am walking about two miles a day,,that is why im not gaining I guess, not losing but not gaining...also I do have a lot of gas too... wonder why? seems like it moves around my port at times and that hurts.

hi! how are you doing? i had 2 fills and neither one hurt. i don't have any pains except for where they placed the port. it is on the side of my belly button. just where you pants sit. i guess i have to get brave and buy me some low waisted jeans. take your time and don't rush things and you will see the weight come off.

I got my first fill today, wasn't too bad. The novacane hurt and just him poking and proding to find the port was uncomfortable, I did say ouch outloud, that hurt more than then either of the needles! He put in 3cc's. He said he usually does 4cc's but I am having a couple of issues so he said we will go slow. He said to call in a few days to schedule another IF I thought I needed it. How did you everyone else do?

For those who have had fills, or just someone that knows.. how many cc's Fluid does a standard AP lapband hold..just wondering,, and does the doc tell you how much he is putting in, when he does a fill.

I had my first fill today and the dr. said I have a standard AP band but I didn't ask how much it held. Good question for next time! I did ask how much he was putting in and he said 3cc's and normally he does 4cc's the first fill but since I was having some issues sometimes when I eat he said we would go slow. Have you had a fill yet?

Ritalou - I just had my fill today. I asked my surgeon how many cc's my band held and he said, "um, let me check" and flipped through my chart...10 cc's, but his need to check makes me think it is not standard. I then asked him how many cc's of saline he put in, he put in 4.

I am getting my first fill Aug. 7th.

I read MANY horror stories on this website about fills. I know each of us has our own experience, but I just wanted to say that my fill went fine, a little poke and it was over.

I needed a fill, I was starting to feel hungry all day long and was eating more than I felt I should be. I only lost 1 pound once I started mushies which is disappointing. We will see if this helps. I am on liquids for today and tomorrow and then mushies again for two days.

Good luck with everything!