Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

july exercise thread

I did Curves yesterday and my C25K today

Checking in...

Regular daily walk with DH and DDog - DH is trying to get me to start jogging, so we jogged a couple of blocks. Note to self - get REAL running shoes!:)

Walked from train station to office building. No lunchtime walk - rain and a meeting got in the way, but will walk to train station tonight and take DDog for a second walk when I get home (at some point tonight, because I have a meeting after work!)...

30 min on treadmill which actually included 10 min of running :scared2:

will try to do some more tonight

Saturday-tried a crossfit gym. Great workout in a short amount of time. If you haven't heard of crossfit, check it out.

Yesterday-no official workout. Went to a local amusement park for about 7 hrs. Lots of walking

This morning-4 mile run followed by 35 minutes on elliptical. Tonight will be chest and abs.

Good morning All!^_^

Wonderful weekend weather contributed to getting in a couple of nice long walks Saturday and Sunday, in addition to the usual walk with DDog and my DH in the morning. Feels good to WANT to walk versus wanting to avoid it, like I did pre-band.

Today, started a jog/walk routine with DH. Before I was banded we tried this and my DH spent most of his time waiting for me to catch up and worrying about me dropping dead in behind him :lol:

This morning, I was able to keep up with him and even passed him a couple of times. I'm down 55 lbs and feeling really GOOD. Didn't feel any unusual racing of my heart (I had an a-fib episode before being banded) and I'm looking forward to jogging more. Goal is to be at 3 miles before winter makes us move inside.

Going to look up the Couch-to-5k program again...:crying:

Going to look up the Couch-to-5k program again...:crying:

check out the podcast too.

this wkend - nothing reall ^_^

today - lower body weight training / 30min stairmaster / 20min treadmill

I've been going to a boot camp style class on Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 5:30-6:30. It's SO hard, but I feel so good after I'm done!

i had been doing bootcamp as well - i missed the last wk, due to a muscle pull....but i will def sign back up in a few wks when my gym starts up another round.

congrats & welcome to the thread!

Have been so out of my routine - thankfully got back to it today -

walked 7 miles this am

Checking in...

Kept up my walking the past few days - doing the C25K program at my own pace. Got too excited and jog/walked three days in a row and paid for it with some "hints" at shin splints on Monday morning. Guess I'll have to take it a bit slower...

Walk this morning was good - usual route with DDog, then walked from the train station to my office building. Will do a walk at lunchtime and another from my office building to the train station tonight.

Not giving up on the C25K program - will go back to the jog/walk tomorrow morning...have a great day, all!:smile2:

You people are leading me down the path, LOL. I get up at 5:00 AM and walk 4 miles almost every morning. So i'm reading in this sectio of LBT and somebody mentions "wogging". I laughed at the word but this morning, I "wogged".....It wasn't as bad as I thought. I mean, I've never run anywhere in my life. It didn't wind me or anything, so I suppose I'll "wog" farther each time tomorrow.

:smile2:

Been hanging in there, going to the gym most days after work. This week, I'm repeating week 3 of the c25k. Got through it last week and don't feel ready to move on. The last 3 minute run kicks my butt.

I know, I know...I'm like the jackass in the Budweiser commercials. You all = clydesdales. Me = the jackass.

LOL

[quote name=Gloucester;1284493I know' date=' I know...I'm like the jackass in the Budweiser commercials. You all = clydesdales. Me = the jackass.

LOL[/quote]

:biggrin: LOL

i'm back in my routine after band being sick:)

yeterday - 20mins of each: bike/stairmaster/treadmill

today - spin class / 20min walk treadmill