Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need help on eating ideas... please share!

Hi there, I was just banded on May 15, 2009 and I have came to a halt on my weight loss... I'm on the smaller side so that might be a problem but right now I'm just not sure what to eat and how much or if I should be watching my calorie intake... please give ideas... I started at 208 and now I'm at 184 and haven't moved in over a week... I was at least losing 1-3lbs a week. Anyone have any ideas or am I just being paranoid...? Thanks in advance...!

Have you had your first fill yet? I was told by my Dr not to expect much weight loss between my 1 week post-op appt and my first fill.

Yes, I have had my first fill and am at 4.6 cc and have my next fill on the 25th so hopefully that will nip it in the bud. But they also said that when your on the smaller side that you have to have more cc's before you start filling any restrictions. I just don't know what to eat really you hear that you should eat a certain amount of calories so that you burn fat and don't come to a halt but how many I don't think I can eat healthy and eat 1400 calories...

Most often it is not how much you are eating - but what you are eating - you may not be eating enough - but try upping your Protein - limiting your sugar and carbs to a bare minimum - and drink, drink drink lots of H20 - that may help - if you don't eat enough you won't lose weight - your body starts holding on for dear life - remember this is a lifetime journey - it doesn't happen overnight - so enjoy all the small nsv you are sure to be experienceing -and enjoy the ride down - it is all good - and you will have many stalls along the way - just take them as giving your body time to adjust - you will start losing again soon. Just make sure you aren't eating absently - or picking - or taking in liquid calories... write down for a day or 2 everything that goes in your mouth - and you may see any problems that are there - hang in t here Anne:smile2:

Wmaodell, I was manded on May 15,2009 also. I got my first fill last Wed. only 2cc. Don't feel any restriction yet and my scales haven't moved for about 2 wks. I am not eating or picking that much. I have lost 25 lbs. and think that my body is taking a thinking rest. That and it is too darn hot to exercise. Good luck to both of us. Hopefully the scales will start moving soon. I started at 279lbs.

Thanks for the reply! I know that I'm not eating the "right" foods and that is what I am trying to move away from... How do you beat the temptations? I can't get passed the cravings... I try I start the day off good recording everything then after lunch about an hour or two I feel like I just need to eat something and that's where the bad foods kick in... I have two kiddos at home for the summer and i try to keep healthy Snacks at hand but for some reason I just can't beat the choc. cravings... My mom just had surgery two weeks ago and has already got to my starting weight and I told my husband that if I'm not careful she'll pass me up so I think that is going to be my motivation... I just need someone on here that can motivate me and that I can talk to about stupid issues when i don't think I can handle them myself!! Any takers?

wmaodell, I was banded on 6/3/09 and chocolate is one of my favorites. The one thing I found to satisfy my "sweet" desire that is low carb, high Protein and very satisfying is my Protein Drink. It is delicious. An example of my diet is

Bkfst - 1/3 cup egg beaters

lunch - 1/2 cup tuna/very little light mayo

1/2 cup fruit cup/extra light Syrup

snack - protein drink

dinner - 2 oz of extra lean meat

1/2 cup of veggies.

I go for my first fill on 7/10 but I already have restriction with the band just being there. Open for any questions you may have. Good luck and try the protein drink Karen

Edited by karenv

Karen thank you so much for that! I've already had my second fill and I'm at I believe 4.6cc... I don't feel a restriction yet and I believe that's why I can eat more than I'm supposed to right now. I've started to really eat SLOW because I fill like I can fill up quicker...? I'm stuck at 181 right now and so realization has hit that I HAVE to start eating better choices or it's not going to budge! I just feel like it's really hard for me. I know everyone says this but I feel like I can't get passed the eating bad. I see so many people on here that have lost so much weight and I think to myself surely I can do it to... But how did they get passed their old eating habits? That has become my biggest struggle... Today instead of eating I got out with the kids and played in the Water. That helped a bunch! I just have to get off my lazy bum and get moving and I think that will help motivate me to eat better also...