Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just wanted to share my stupidity!

These days,with the H1N1, your lucky they let you on. I had a similar experience on a cruise ship, our first cruise surgery for both my wife and I. You don't want to appear sick on a ship for fear they will quarantine you.

I was just banded on 6/19 and I am due to go on my very first cruise in October. It's a 5 days cruise. I am going to have the anti-sickness patch in case but do you have any other suggestions as far as eating.

not to mention how expensive airport food is and then you threw it away. That was just a sorry deal all the way around!!

I got sick in a fancy restaraunt. The bathroom was 3 rooms away and I thought I could get the salad down. Nope! Came right back up onto my salad plate. Needless to say that course was over.

glad you are ok....pbing is not fun!

had some good laughs today thanks everyone......needed them had to be completely unfilled last week (long story).

trying not to eat everything in site, so i do need the laughs!!

omg i laughed till I cried when I read this, had to grab my side where the port is :thumbup:.

I totally understand. When I am somewhere public and eating now. The first thing I do is locate a bathroom. So I'll know where it is in case of an emergency stuck episode.

I was just banded on 6/19 and I am due to go on my very first cruise in October. It's a 5 days cruise. I am going to have the anti-sickness patch in case but do you have any other suggestions as far as eating.

At least on Royal Carribean, they had lots of good choices and I absolutely loved the sugar free Key Lime pie. Each night in the dining room they had good choices and at the lunch buffet. This was our 4th cruise, but the 1st one where we actually used the gym and running track. As far as Seasickness, we have had great success with ginger root capsules from GNC. On a past episode of Mythbusters it came out as most effective and no side affects.

On a vacation eating slow should be easy, but I found you have to keep it in mind. Our surgery did not stop us from having a great time.

I got sick in a fancy restaraunt. The bathroom was 3 rooms away and I thought I could get the salad down. Nope! Came right back up onto my salad plate. Needless to say that course was over.

This is barely related, but I have to vent. I have one child, a daughter who is adult now. When she was little I took her everywhere, but had to take her into the Men's room when she was very small. So many men have some kind of fear of urinals and won't use them. I used to anger me to wait to use a stall for my daughter while some guy was doing a stand up job in the stall while the urinals were open. Today, if I need to use a stall because of band issues and some guy is doing this, I'm breaking down the door, punching him in the groin, throwing him out of the stall and apologizing later.

Ok, bad day, I needed to vent.

I find that I have to be extra careful in the am when choosing what to eat. Things seem to get stuck easier then. Also, the band is fickle. At least mine is. One time a certain food is fine, the next time, no, it does not like it and up it comes. But at least now I know when it is going to happen and make a beeline for the potty. And like another poster, when I go into someplace new, first thing I do is locate the facilities. So many changes in lifestyle after the band that nobody tells you about. Thank God for this forum.

You'll be a pro by then and you'll have a zillion choices probably!!

These stories are all to familiar and I know we all have our own versions. I will learn someday to quit eating in the car. I hate having to find a side road and having to stop and throw up!

Dottie R.

When I PB, (knock on wood), it is never sudden. I get that feeling and have time to get to a restroom. I have had problems when the restroom is occupied and I have to wait. I agree with dridlen - the car is one of the worst places to have a PB incident. Still learning. Becky

Saturday I went with my daughter to Oklahoma City (about an hour away). We went to a mall to "quickly" get something to eat and stop by a couple of stores before heading to a wedding. We ate first, you know, that delicious mall food court food. We shared a chicken and rice concoction of some kind--good flavor but texture of a rubber ball. I tried to chew as best I could but a while later I started sliming (that's how it works for me). We were running late to the wedding. I had to go to the car, toss out the contents of a styrofoam cup and proceeded to spit up slime for 5 minutes or so before putting the car in gear and heading for the chapel. Fortunately the service was short but I had to run to the bathroom once before, once after, and twice during the reception before the offending content came up and out. What a nightmare. Worst thing is that the whole reason I went to the wedding was the excuse of having some wedding cake. Pooh. I missed out on that.

These stories are all to familiar and I know we all have our own versions. I will learn someday to quit eating in the car. I hate having to find a side road and having to stop and throw up!

Dottie R.

Just need to learn to slow down, take small bites and chew well.......then we can eat anywhere we choose.

BillOH,

I'm trying to figure out what your post has to do with mine. Based on the urinal comments, do you assume i am male? Just wondering since my post is related.