Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

"No He [Obama] Can't" by Anne Wortham

Bjean: "Btw, I'll be all ears (or eyes as the case may be) when you have a well thought-out plan for revitalizing our economy and helping to repair the global economy from the far west to the far east."

What is the average American doing? If they have anything, money wise, they are fearful of maybe losing their jobs, having paycuts, rising taxes, rising costs of living and utilites and food due to Obama's outrageous spending. These fears are prompting Americans to pay off any debt they may have, and saving for an uncertain future. Americans are not spending, and therefore, not helping the economy. If Obama would just stop spending sooooo much money, and causing our pocketbooks to stretch far and wide, Americans may just relax and spend some of their finances and in turn "stimulate" the economy. Of course, those who don't have anything, money wise, will go on doing as they have been doing and not care, cause they will get a handout either way.

My husband and I have been concentrating on paying down our debt. We own a second multifamily home and every month, we put every bit of extra money onto our home equity loan that we took out to purchase it. We also are NOT spending anything on anything 'extra'. We chose to put off buying a gas fireplace for our new living room simply because we want to pay off our debt before we make any more purchases. If you want to get the people to stimulate the economy, then take away their fears. STOP spending us into oblivion!!!! If he keeps wasting tax payer dollars, his approval rating will surely plumet. Ohio's approval rating has gone down 8 points in just 2 months.

The war was Okay to everyone when 9/11 happened. There wasn't anybody crying at that time to not seek revenge or restitution. The Dems supported our going to war as well. Once you begin a dispute, it's not so easy to step aside. Your man Obama sees that now. When he was campaigning he promised to end the war ASAP. Now he knows better and sees how that would ruin things we started. It's okay for him to continue fighting over there though, huh?

That was only because we were lied to about it. Not just a little “we could be wrong here, but we think Iraq is involved” kinda lie, but a “come on guys lets feed the American people and the world a bunch of horse$hit “ kinda lie. That single act and everything that followed turned the goodwill that the rest of the world had for us after 9/11 to complete and utter disdain for all things American. You often complain that it will take generations to pay back what you think is economic waste by the Obama administration. How long will it take to undo the lies and hypocrisy behind the Iraq invasion?

If that's how you feel about what happened when Bush was leader, all well and good. Alot of people feel that way and alot of people don't. BUT what does that have to do with what's happening NOW in this new administration? All the spending, (and not just like Bush did with the war, but Trillions of our tax dollars that we just can't come up with to pay back. And now in the news, a 2nd stimulus plan)I hear so much about what Bush did. It's like everything that Obama does that's erratical is simply fine since Bush made his share of mistakes. Not so. Dems need to get over the past mistakes that they feel brought us to this point and consider the mistakes that are going on right now that will bring us tremendously farther into ruin. We don't base our opinions on someone by their predicessor. We base them on what they do. So from hence forth, let's stop looking at Bush's (or any other past president's) doings and concentrate on the present. huh?

Oh, just a note: The family and I will be going on vacation to the lake today for 9 days. No computers, phones, or technology at all. I'll miss chatting with you and look forward to seeing what was said when I return. God bless. Your LBT friend, Patty

Patty sez: "Dems need to get over the past mistakes that they feel brought us to this point and consider the mistakes that are going on right now that will bring us tremendously farther into ruin. We don't base our opinions on someone by their predicessor. We base them on what they do. So from hence forth, let's stop looking at Bush's (or any other past president's) doings and concentrate on the present. huh? "

Huh? First of all we've had it up to our ears in Clinton talk - and that has gone on during the entire last 8 years of the Bush administration. Funny thing though, there was little talk about Clinton's policies - just lots of talk about cigars and blue dresses and lying about innapropriate sexual contact. Why was there little talk about Clinton's policies? Because he left office with the economy doing well, things pretty peachy keen for most Americans.

Then comes Bush. First thing out of the chute, we go through 9/11. Then he uses it to further his own personal (and Cheney's) ambitions. The rest is history and we always, always need to learn from past history. That is why it is beneficial for us to continue to examine and discuss exactly what Bush did while in office. Every screw up, every falsehood, every piece of protection of the wealthy's ability to amass obscene fortunes (at the expense of regular Americans), that he put into place. We must never allow another Bush in office and the only way that is going to happen is to continue to talk about his administration and everything that happened during his term.

As for the Iraq war, you are once again very wrong. There were lots and lots of us out here who were against bombing Iraq. We were the ones who were the most shocked and awed, when we sat in front of our televisions that fateful night and watched our country drop bombs on Baghdad. Something none of us ever believed our country would do - preemtive strikes on a country that had not attacked us in any way. It went against everything that we thought this country was about. We cried real tears that night.

And that was only the beginning. Obscenities were continued to be committed by our country and we watched in shock while it all unfolded. People were rounded up and put into prison in Guantanamo without trial or even the hope of a trial. Claims constantly made that there is no such thing as global warming. Claims that it made sense to give tax breaks to the oil companies, while our gasoline prices rose to ridiculous highs (drill, baby drill.) Public education hitting a new low, environmental protections being slashed, piddling little tax refund checks designed to make us think he was doing something for middle Americans but which didn't fool anybody (or did it?) and the list goes on and on and on.

And yes, to answer your question, plain - I probably would have voted for just about anybody to get the incredibly destructive Republicans out of office. And so I did, as did millions of other Americans. I certainly was not alone.

But make no mistake about the votes we cast for President Obama - we were thrilled to get someone with a brain and a conscience in that office. The relief you've seen on the faces at his rallies was not "drinking the kool-aide mind-numbing adoration". It was simply relief and a sense of thanking God that at long last maybe we would get someone who cared deeply about this country.

We are relieved to have a man at the head of our country who makes a sincere effort to get along with other nations instead of alienating every country across the globe, a man who makes an effort to not be extremist in the plans he puts forth and the policies he endorses, a man who we can be proud of when he opens his mouth, a man who is willing to take responsibility for his actions and those of his country.

Which is in stark contrast to what we had for the past 8 years: a man who hid behind his office, a man who embarrassed us when he visited other countries, a man who was willing to bend the truth to get his way, and a man who just wanted to be rich and powerful no matter who it hurt.

While you're on your vacation I'd like for you to think about something while you're gone and bring back an answer for all of us. Why exactly do you still think that the Iraq war was a good thing? It is one of the most puzzling things about your posts.

Patty sez: "Dems need to get over the past mistakes that they feel brought us to this point and consider the mistakes that are going on right now that will bring us tremendously farther into ruin. We don't base our opinions on someone by their predicessor. We base them on what they do. So from hence forth, let's stop looking at Bush's (or any other past president's) doings and concentrate on the present. huh? "

Huh? First of all we've had it up to our ears in Clinton talk - and that has gone on during the entire last 8 years of the Bush administration. Funny thing though, there was little talk about Clinton's policies - just lots of talk about cigars and blue dresses and lying about innapropriate sexual contact. Why was there little talk about Clinton's policies? Because he left office with the economy doing well, things pretty peachy keen for most Americans.

There you go, talking about the past again. You just can't get over that what was in the past can't be changed. What about NOW? Let's talk about NOW.

Then comes Bush. First thing out of the chute, we go through 9/11. Then he uses it to further his own personal (and Cheney's) ambitions. The rest is history and we always, always need to learn from past history. That is why it is beneficial for us to continue to examine and discuss exactly what Bush did while in office. Every screw up, every falsehood, every piece of protection of the wealthy's ability to amass obscene fortunes (at the expense of regular Americans), that he put into place. We must never allow another Bush in office and the only way that is going to happen is to continue to talk about his administration and everything that happened during his term.

No. To continue to talk about past presidents does NOTHING for the economy today. But, to talk about what we can do right NOW, that's another thing. Obama is in charge now. What can HE do to keep us from going under? Uh, maybe STOP his spending sprees????!!!!

As for the Iraq war, you are once again very wrong. There were lots and lots of us out here who were against bombing Iraq. We were the ones who were the most shocked and awed, when we sat in front of our televisions that fateful night and watched our country drop bombs on Baghdad. Something none of us ever believed our country would do - preemtive strikes on a country that had not attacked us in any way. It went against everything that we thought this country was about. We cried real tears that night.

Funny, at that time we felt that country was in support of terrorism at the time. Remember 9/11? You still refuse to discuss your Messiah, the one who will save us from the past messes.

And that was only the beginning. Obscenities were continued to be committed by our country and we watched in shock while it all unfolded. People were rounded up and put into prison in Guantanamo without trial or even the hope of a trial. Claims constantly made that there is no such thing as global warming. Claims that it made sense to give tax breaks to the oil companies, while our gasoline prices rose to ridiculous highs (drill, baby drill.) Public education hitting a new low, environmental protections being slashed, piddling little tax refund checks designed to make us think he was doing something for middle Americans but which didn't fool anybody (or did it?) and the list goes on and on and on.

And yes, to answer your question, plain - I probably would have voted for just about anybody to get the incredibly destructive Republicans out of office. And so I did, as did millions of other Americans. I certainly was not alone.

But make no mistake about the votes we cast for President Obama - we were thrilled to get someone with a brain and a conscience in that office. The relief you've seen on the faces at his rallies was not "drinking the kool-aide mind-numbing adoration". It was simply relief and a sense of thanking God that at long last maybe we would get someone who cared deeply about this country.

Oh brother, He cares deeply alright.:thumbup: He cares about spending money and that's about it! I can imagine how his own house was run financially. I bet him and Michelle had their credit cards maxed out.

We are relieved to have a man at the head of our country who makes a sincere effort to get along with other nations instead of alienating every country across the globe, a man who makes an effort to not be extremist in the plans he puts forth and the policies he endorses, a man who we can be proud of when he opens his mouth, a man who is willing to take responsibility for his actions and those of his country.

I don't think it would matter to anyone who voted for him what he does. He could sell us to Satan and you would still love him. I don't get the infatuation at all. All I need to see is his TRILLIONS that he has wasted and that's ALL i need to know about him. He is bleeding us dry.

Which is in stark contrast to what we had for the past 8 years: a man who hid behind his office, a man who embarrassed us when he visited other countries, a man who was willing to bend the truth to get his way, and a man who just wanted to be rich and powerful no matter who it hurt.

Obama is the embarassing one. They are laughing at our financial crisis and debt to other countries. (BTW, you STILL can't stop talking about the past.)

While you're on your vacation I'd like for you to think about something while you're gone and bring back an answer for all of us. Why exactly do you still think that the Iraq war was a good thing? It is one of the most puzzling things about your posts.

War is never a 'good' thing. But it is necessary at times. At the time of the onset of the war, pretty much everyone was all for it. (9/11) As time went on, people wanted it to end, naturally. I admit that I don't know enough about the war to make a rational decision about it. But I trust our military and those who make the decisions about ending it or allowing it to continue and the benefits that their decisions will effect. (I'm not talking about trust in the presidents, whoever they are at the time, but the military high ranking decision makers)

Okay. NOW I must leave with my kids for vacation. I'll miss you.

If that's how you feel about what happened when Bush was leader, all well and good. Alot of people feel that way and alot of people don't. BUT what does that have to do with what's happening NOW in this new administration? All the spending, (and not just like Bush did with the war, but Trillions of our tax dollars that we just can't come up with to pay back. And now in the news, a 2nd stimulus plan)I hear so much about what Bush did. It's like everything that Obama does that's erratical is simply fine since Bush made his share of mistakes. Not so. Dems need to get over the past mistakes that they feel brought us to this point and consider the mistakes that are going on right now that will bring us tremendously farther into ruin. We don't base our opinions on someone by their predicessor. We base them on what they do. So from hence forth, let's stop looking at Bush's (or any other past president's) doings and concentrate on the present. huh?

This seems like a good spot for a couple of thoughtful quotes:

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it. George Santayana

History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are. David McCullough

I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience. I know no way of judging of the future but by the past. Edward Gibbon

History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again. Maya Angelou

One faces the future with one's past. Pearl S. Buck

Here is one that you should find particularly interesting Patty:

This only is denied to God: the power to undo the past. AGATHON

And here is one for you BJean:

Rosa sat so Martin could walk, Martin walked so Barack could run, Barack ran so we all can fly. Unknown

Patty, perhaps you were so busy listening to the Republican spin, you missed what was going on with everybody else regarding the decision to declare war on Iraq.

All of the upper echelon of the military were absolutely not advising Bush that we should invade Iraq.

And the only reason that Congress overwhelmingly voted for giving the president the power to do it was because his administration developed a "convenient truth" about Saddam's weapons of mass destruction.

If you were paying close attention to what was going on, you would have known how sketchy the whole thing was. Bush originally never said that we were going to drop bombs on Iraq because of 9/11. He couldn't claim that - there was absolutely no proof of it and in fact, there was proof to the contrary. That's why he needed the weapons of mass destruction argument.

I can't believe I am actually still explaining this to an American citizen. I thought everyone at this point in time surely understood what when down. Not so? Well as Kartman clearly pointed out, that explains why we need history books to document these things.

Barack Obama got a star beside his name in my books when he voted against giving Bush the power to invade Iraq. A golden star that was the beginning of my close look at him. It took me a good long while before I felt I knew enough about him to vote for him.

The fact that you keep saying I am infatuated with him is truly laughable. Perhaps there are some people who believe him to be infallible, but I am not one of them. And it's just silly for you to pretend that everyone who supports Obama is "infatuated." Honestly, you really should listen to people who have opposing opinions from yours instead of just listening to the people you agree with in the media. If you would do that, it probably wouldn't change your mind, but at least you would be more savvy about what the opposition thinks so you could come up with arguments that make sense.