Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fill center in New Prague MN

Just wondering if any one could give me information on this fill center and if they are happy with it, and what they charge, I have been waiting to long between fills because the dr. I go to now charges $300 a fill and it's getting to be a little tight on the pocketbook. Any info would be welcomed Thanks!!:wub:

i'm thinking of surgery in colorado, self-pay, and i live in minnesota. i contacted fill centers usa in new prague to get an idea of what their "annual package" for aftercare costs. They told me the annual plan is $1372 and includes 6 adjustments and 4 office consults. The initial visit cost is $349 and includes adjustment and program materials (i'm not sure if that is part of the $1372?) subsequent adjustments are $165 and office consults with no adjustment are $85. fluoroscopy is an additional $325-and is recommended for bmi over 45 (i'm at 40). where do you go now? does the $300 include fluoroscopy?

I was self pay and I had my surgery in CO very happy with the way everything went, where are you thinking of going? I went with Dr. Kirshenbaum. I am now getting my fills in Sioux Falls SD I found a different Dr that does them for $110 plus the office visit, got the bill in the mail yesterday and it was $180 I was very happy with the new doctor and I don't know if he does it with floro my last one didn't , the 300 was just for a fill good luck on your journey you will be so glad you have had it done. Thank you so much for the info was much apriciated.

I'm glad everything went well for you. I'm also going with Dr. Kirshenbaum-I haven't scheduled yet, I wonder if there is a long wait? How are you feeling now?

I am also from MN considering Dr.K in CO. I was considering mexico but am kinda iffy on the out of country thing. Who is the dr that does your fills for $110 and where are they located? I am an hour from the cities. And also if your have any info on dr.k and your experience that would be awesome! Thanks

Hi ABECKEL, I decided to go with Dr. Pedro Kuri in Mexico. I did a lot of research and he appears to be highly qualified and competent and of course less $$$. Mexico was out of the question for the first 3 months of my research......but in the end. Anyways, I've contacted several providers regarding after-care, Park Nicollet, HCMC and the Fills Center USA in New Prague will accept patients that have had their surgery out of state. fills center has an annual package that i think is around $1500, the other 2 offer care per "office visit"--no package. I think HCMC is the most reasonable but I couldn't get a final/specific amount per visit from them so I'm kind of winging it. All the communication I had with Dr. Kirshenbaums office was very helpful and by all accounts he is an excellent doctor--good luck to you. let me know how it goes....especially if you find out any more info regarding after-care stuff:rolleyes:

abeckel the Dr. that does my fills is in Sioux Falls SD it's $180 for the office visit and the fill, I was very pleased with how everything went. Dr Kirshenbaum is a very good Dr. I was really happy with the way everything went, my surgery took alittle longer than an hour because I had my gallbladder taken out the old fashioned way so I had alot of scar tissue on my right side , the nurses at the surgical center were so nice. From the time I called him to when I had the surgery was about 6 weeks, 2 weeks before surgery he has you go on a no carb diet and wants you to lose at least 3-5 pounds before surgery, he will call you and talk to you on the phone and then go through some info that they have you download on the computer, he also has a dietition (sp) call you and speak to you also.

mnmichelle I really thought long and hard about going to Dr. Kuri but my husband will not fly and the thought of Mexico scared the heck out of him, but he was my first choice until I told my hubby. Good luck with Dr Kuri and let us know how everything goes, by the way when is your surgery?

surgery date 09/09/09--nervous and excited:wink2:

mnmichelle good luck with everything, before you know it the time will be here and gone , this surgery was one of the easiest i've ever had i am so glad i had it done i am still working on getting to my sweet spot i go in next tue. to have some removed it hurts to swallow any type of Protein even chicken so we're going to take a little out. i'm excited for you after it's done you'll wonder why you didn't have it done sooner. keep us posted on how everything is going!!:w00t:

I have actually decided that I am also going to Mexico for my lap band. I am going to Dr.Aceves in Mexicali. My surgery date is Oct.1 and I can't wait! I have been calling around to find out prices for aftercare as well....I called Fill centers USA and it is $349 for the first visit and then after it is $165 for fills and $85 if you do not get a fill. I have also talked to Park Nicollett and the first office visit is between $219-$335 for the first visit because you are not an established patient, and then the fills are $150. They also told me that they do lab work every 6 months for the first 2 yrs...I'm not sure how much those are though. I wonder if you actually need to have them...or if you can refuse them and just get fills. They also advised that I talk to their dietician...but the is $65 per 15 mins....YIKES!! I have not gotten any answers or calls back from HCMC...so I am not sure about them. I have called 3 times and left messages and haven't gotten a call back....I also talked to the qoute line and they can't give me any qoutes because they don't know what is needed for these visits. Where is the fill doc in Souix Falls?? I live in Owatonna, MN so it isn't very far for me either.

Ashley

great, thanks for the info Ashley. keep in touch:smile:

The dr. in Sioux falls is behind the Sanford hospital. it's pretty easy to get there. congratulations to the both of you on getting your dates they will be here soon!!:)

good luck tomorrow on your fill. let me know how it goes-- :iagree:chicken is important!

the dr. took out what he put in ,in july and i feel so much better, i think he took out .5cc i was almost afraid to eat a hamburger for supper tonight i thought it would hurt but it didn't and i feel so much better. your date is coming up fast when do you fly down to mexico? and is someone going with you? do you have to do anything for pre-op diet? this is the most amazing thing i have ever done i haven't lost as fast as i would like to but at least i haven't gained any either, last night my husband finally told me he could see that i had lost weight in my legs, i asked about anywhere else and he kinda went yeh your boobs, i wanted to say thanks for noticing that my jeans are about to fall off, but then thought better of it and figured a compliment is a compliment and coming from him i'll take it:biggrin: .

I'm glad you are feeling better mnfarmgirl. i can't believe it but i'm heading to mexico tomorrow. my bmi is 40 so i think that might be why i didn't have a special pre-surgery diet. take care and keep in touch:smile: