Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am so upset. I actually am fighting back tears at work. I have been battling with Tricare and WLS to get my referral submitted for. I was guaranteed it was faxed with a confirmation on 4/17. This past week I have been trying to get more information on it. Unfortunately, Tricare doesn't have any. IT WAS NEVER SENT!! The lady lied to me numerous times. So I have been calling all day trying to get ahold of her, because apparently she is the only one in the office that submits them. She's on vacation as of today! For three weeks! AHHH! So now I have to wait another month because I'm being told no one else has access to her system. :thumbsup:

UGH I hate insurance. Can your Doctor put some pressure on them? Hang in there I know it seems forever but don't give up that is their tactic!!

Can you go see a different surgeon?

That is really awful and I can understand your frustration.

Can you take matters into your own hands . . . like maybe going to the doctors office and asking them to make a copy of the referral from your patient file and see if you can fax it yourself or have them physically fax it from there?

My WLS office is two hours from my house. I have spoken to managers, coordinators, and billing. Everyone keeps telling me I have to wait for Katherine. I called Tricare and they can't do anything until the get the request. I asked the WLS office to fax me over the auth request and my record and they said Katherine handles it and will be back at the end of the month.

I understand about being far away from your dr. (I'm 400 miles from mine~gotta love the military right?)...I'm sorry you have to go through this and I hope you are the first thing she does when she gets back!

Ok, here is a secret...I used to work for Humana Military and the nurses that put referrals in would never not have somebody doing that while they were gone. Ask to speak to the manager....I promise you, referrals for your area are getting done by somebody for the next three weeks. You'll get buried in a pile otherwise....

I hate to say this but I'd go to a different surgeon. Yes it may take a little longer BUT...you need someone WAY more responsive to you. I can't believe they will not initiate ANY new cases until June because someone is on vacation. If true, that's a stinky way to run an office. Do you REALLY want your life in the hands of a crew like that?

Hi, im looking into getting the lap band done and was wanting to know can you get pregnant afterward? with the lapband still being in your stomach? this is my first time on the forum and I was looking at your response to this girls thread. thanks

Hi, im looking into getting the lap band done and was wanting to know can you get pregnant afterward? with the lapband still being in your stomach? this is my first time on the forum and I was looking at your response to this girls thread. thanks

You get pregnant "after" the lap band the same way you'd get pregnant "before" the lap band! :)

Many surgeons ask that you wait at least a year post banding because 1. the point of the band is to cut caloric intake and lose weight and 2. losing weight isn't really what one wants to do when pregnant.

And the band isn't "in" your stomach, it's around the outside of it at the top. If necessary it can be "unfilled" , slightly or totally, so that you can intake sufficient nutrition for you and a baby during pregnancy.

So I guess I was pushy enough for my WLS. He had the office contact Katherine at home and she called me this morning. She said that she would personally have someone in the office fax it over this morning and then she would call Tricare herself and verify it was receieved. She said she would call me back once she spke with them. Ha! She called from home and didn't block her number. Better believe if I don't hear from her by three I'm calling her from home!

How awesome! Congratulations on your autherization!!