Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2weeks post op on solids and not losing

Hi All

I am two weeks post op on solids all ready. I lost the first week but have not lost any this week. I am excercising at least 3days a week. With no results:angry: I feel great except I would like to see the scale move. I am hungry and at times I feel like I can eat more then expected. Any ideas I go to my 2week post op 5/6? Help thanks

I would crank up the exercise intensity to 60 minutes/day 6-7 days a week...your metabolism has slowed down because you're not getting many calories. You'll need to kick it into gear through exercise.

I would stick to the diet your doctor has requested. I would make SURE you're getting at least 60 g of Protein in. If you must supplement with shakes, then do that. And yes, I would walk twice a day for 30 minutes each time. I would give yourself 1 day off. If you have a dog, use it as an excuse to give them exercise. If you don't, borrow someones dog, lol...use an Ipod or something. I HATE exercising but I am now looking at this differently. I have neglected my body for way too long. It is time to embrace it. Your body is very strong, underneath the games that your head may play with it. Push your body to work harder for you. I promise you'll get results...today is just a day...the number on the scale today will mean nothing to you in a year when you are healthy in body and mind...

Thanks stephaine for your motivating words. This is a Journey and it is not always going to be easy I have to remember that. I am trying to stay positive. Don't have a dog but I can definetly crank up excercising. Have I-pod, active 7yr old daughter so we can walk around the school track for 30mins and I can do my biggest loser cardio tape and that is another 30mins/6days a week. I will check back in a week hopefully with some better results.

Honey I know it is hard waiting, but you cant lose weight every single day. Weight loss is a long journey, regardless of the method you choose. You will have days and sometimes weeks where you are doing everything right and not losing, then all of a sudden you will drop a few pounds all at once. The main thing to do is to follow your diet and exercise guidelines, it is really pretty simple, if you consume less energy than you burn you will lose weight. So hang in there.

being only 2 weeks post op you might not have any restriction yet. you might not get any until you get your first or 4th fill for that matter. I was able to eat anything and as much as wanted at 1 month post op. i really didn't get great restriction until jan when i had my 5th fill. stick with it!!!! it'll get better.

I went to see my doc today. He said that our chemistry is so screwed up that it makes it VERY hard to convert the fat we have stored into glucose to burn it and that when we are in the "green zone" or the "sweet spot" when we are not hungry and our band is doing it's job - then it fixes the chemistry and we can burn better. He looked at my weight today (only 2kg down since 3wks ago) and he said "oh, you're hungry" and gave me a fill. I still feel hungry but will go for another top up on wednesday if still hungry. Basically, just chill, the first month is healing, your body is adjusting to this both physically and emotionally. Give yourself some love and time to adjust. I know it's hard but tell yourself it will be a while before you get to the green zone and it won't happen till you've been filled and until then, just breathe! You WILL get there!

WELCOME TO BANDSTER HELL! Sucks to be here. You feel pretty good but you have no restriction yet, so you're hungry and feel like you could eat anything (is that cat looking tasty?). This is a period, until at least your first fill, if not later, when you have to white knuckle it for the most part. I now have 3 fills and while not at my sweet spot, it is getting easier to stay within the dietary guidelines. DON'T drink your Protein, though. liquids do not stay in your pouch but go straight through. EAT sold protein. Solid protein takes longer to digest and thus stays in your pouch longer and makes you feel full longer. If you get hungry between meals, eat a boiled egg or an ounce of low fat cheese (there are a few varieties out there are are individually wrapped servings, which makes it easier).

Remember this is the healing time. Don't rush things. One hurdle at a time. Give your band time to set, this will ensure you a long healthy journey. My dr gave us an exercise schedule and on day 3 we were to start walking 15 minutes, day 2 walk 15 min x day, after that wer were to add 5 minutes per day. The cardio is the fat burning core of your future exercise habit, Hopefully it will take the food habits place in your life. So treat your band right, heal, walk, drink fluids and repeat for the next year. All will turn out just fine. I am 15 months out. and 10 lb from goal. You will learn from your bad choices and chnage those old eating habits once and for all time. GOOD LUCK!!:unsure:

Also, you don't have a fill. I remember feeling the exact same way but my doctor told me that the band doesn't began to work for me until I get a fill....

Yes, me too my scale wont move was banded on the 23rd got my period on the 27, maybe thats why i am not losing, can anybody help me ?

Nope i lost about 60+ without the band, and i was banded on 4/23/09 and have lost about 10 since the band and now i am stuck , the scale is not moving.