Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Loose Skin and Holding your PEE

Ok...The Power Room is for sure the place to go for the truth. I have been reading some of the threads and all I can say is WOW...

So my questions are how bad is the lose skin really???? I have to loose 200 lbs and am scared at how bad it will be since I am 43

My next other problem is I have a hard time holding my pee right now...does that get better? The doc said it is the weight pushing on the bladder. Any words on this problem from anyone.

Thanks!

Oh I can soooo relate to this, I have only been banded 5 weeks but before being banded there were times that when I had to pee it hit me so quick that notthing I did was slowing it down so I could get to a bathroom, It as really getting frustrating because I could be anywhere when that went down. Now since being banded and loosing 50 pounds I have not had that problem.... So yes there's hope. And as far as skin I have alot, at one point in life I was 410 so I have yo-yo'd from that high weight all the way to 265 and back to my pre op weight 373, so this girl is not in denial that there will be skin... and lot's. I am going to have my doc document any skin conditions, rashes, back pain, you name it and if insurance cover it great but I will otherwise pay to get it removed. There's no way I will reach goal and continue to carry a skin apron around :thumbdown:

Hello,

I've only lost 60lbs and I am 45 years old and I can say that I have a lot of skin. My surgeon said it was a matter of genetics. If you genetically have good elasticity in your skin you might be ok but obviously I don't. Upper arms are bad but the worst is that my knees have fallen...lol I have the big ole knees which I didn't have before.

Still I wouldn't change it. I'd rather have some skin and fit into my size 16 jeans now (that I haven't worn since 1980 something) than my 26 jeans I was in a few years ago.

I also had what they call stress incontinence. It was driving me crazy but now? Not at all. It all went away. I can hold it normally again and never leak anymore. THANK GOD!

So just my 2 cents...

DanBar - It has just dawned on me, after reading your post, that I have a whole drawer of mini and maxi pads and Poise to get rid of! I never knew if I would need dry panties (and pants) at work because I would be incontinent when I sneezed so I have had an extra pair in the trunk of the car "in case". (I did use them a few times.) Sooooo, my thought is this problem will probably clear up or certainlyi mprove as you weigh less.

Mine cleared up 100%. I was so glad. I thought maybe my bladder was falling because I had a hysterectomy when I was in my 20's, but my doc said it was the weight and he was right.

I had 90 pounds to lose and I'm almost at 80 pounds lost now. I do have extra skin, but I don't think it's enough for insurance to pay. I'm going to wait another year before I decide if I want to pay for PS.

Thanks for the info... I'll take the loose skin if I can have my good old bladder back! This is crazy. Plus I have the problem of constantly being thirsty so I am drinking Water like crazy (I think type 2 diabetes is sneaking into the picture now) But I know all this stuff will get better...

I find it funny that everything started falling apart just after I went to the seminar and started seeing the doc's to get approved for lap band. Prior to this I was fine. Maybe my body is trying to give the insurance company every reason possible to get this done:rolleyes2:

When I was bigger, I had to take medication for bladder control. I took Detrol or something similar. I did for years. The OB/GYN told me that the weight definitely puts pressure on the bladder and that the condition would probably improve after I lost weight. He was correct. I am no longer on medication and have only had a very few "accidents", which I have noticed is only when I've drunk alcohol. So YES it gets better. It is so nice to pitch some of the meds you used to take once you've shed a significant amount of weight. I don't take celebrex or anti-depressants anymore either. I don't get injections in my knees and I have cut the doses of thyroid and blood pressure meds in half. It's amazing.

OMG I thought I was the only one with the pee problem! I wear lightdays and change them throughout the day. It sucks too because if I want to be intimate with my husband I have to make sure I shower first or I am afraid I am not fresh.

Sneezing and laughing? I avoid both at all costs even with the lightdays, they can only hold so much.

My surgeon knows about my little problem but other than that no one knows. Except of course you guys now.