Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Rangergirl...can't beleive we have all the same pains. I broke down too and took some liquid tylenol, but don't think that's enough. I also had about 3 oz of watered down Protein Drink, chicken Soup, crystal light and good old Water. Doctor gave me demeral, but it's in a pill form and I have to crush it. Not used to taking pills so holding out with the children's tylenol which taste amazing at this point. LOL

I was banded also on May 1st, guess that make me your Brother and I always wanted a sister. I had some gas too, I read on this sight about chewable gas-x and it seemed to help. Have been sore, and it was hard to get comfortable that fist night, so have been using the pain med when I wanted to sleep. Otherwas feeling much better today. A bit of nausa, not sure if it is hunger or what. alrady tired of chicken broth. Having no troble drinking, I kept reading only a few sips but I seem to have no problem drinking Water. Not really hungry, but at times I feel like I could eat something. I tried some of the cristal light with proteene but think that might have been contributing to the nausa. But feeling much better, never really felt that much pain just more discomfort.

Well good luck to you

Ross

Rangergirl...can't beleive we have all the same pains. I broke down too and took some liquid tylenol, but don't think that's enough. I also had about 3 oz of watered down Protein drink, chicken Soup, crystal light and good old Water. Doctor gave me demeral, but it's in a pill form and I have to crush it. Not used to taking pills so holding out with the children's tylenol which taste amazing at this point. LOL

I'm surprised the doc didn't give you something better! My doc prescribed me liquid Hydrocodone which is the best thing on earth since Jesus Christ! Hope you feel better!

I was banded also on May 1st, guess that make me your Brother and I always wanted a sister. I had some gas too, I read on this sight about chewable gas-x and it seemed to help. Have been sore, and it was hard to get comfortable that fist night, so have been using the pain med when I wanted to sleep. Otherwas feeling much better today. A bit of nausa, not sure if it is hunger or what. alrady tired of chicken broth. Having no troble drinking, I kept reading only a few sips but I seem to have no problem drinking Water. Not really hungry, but at times I feel like I could eat something. I tried some of the cristal light with proteene but think that might have been contributing to the nausa. But feeling much better, never really felt that much pain just more discomfort.

Well good luck to you

Ross

CONGRATS BRO!!!!! I'm with you, but they gave me two things for nausea- did you get the vibrating wrist thing? I also got a liquid Syrup for nausea and pain. GREAT DRUGS!

I hit the wrong the wrong key. Anyway, I am now taking the pain medicine if I need it there is nothing wrong in admitting that I hurt and it helps. Seriously though the GasX really has helped me.

Congrats to you!! I hope things go as you would like! :smile:

i was banded also on may 1st, guess that make me your brother and i always wanted a sister. I had some gas too, i read on this sight about chewable gas-x and it seemed to help. Have been sore, and it was hard to get comfortable that fist night, so have been using the pain med when i wanted to sleep. Otherwas feeling much better today. A bit of nausa, not sure if it is hunger or what. Alrady tired of chicken broth. Having no troble drinking, i kept reading only a few sips but i seem to have no problem drinking Water. Not really hungry, but at times i feel like i could eat something. I tried some of the cristal light with proteene but think that might have been contributing to the nausa. But feeling much better, never really felt that much pain just more discomfort.

Well good luck to you

ross

welcome brother, but i don't know your age so you could be my little brother. Still having a little shoulder pain now that it's night time and tightness in chest from the hernia repair. My doctor finally called and said the few stitches for the hernia were causing the chest pain.

Drinking watered down proteen shake, apple juice, chichen Soup, Jello, crystal light and Water.< /p>

Good luck!

Hi, Guess I am your Little brother, I am 51. Feeling good today, some gas pain in my stomic or what ever it is now. Think I am drinking too fast. My Dr. has you on Clear liquids for 1 week than you can start some proteen shakes etc. I think I am a bit hungry. I did leave some Regular Coke out to get rid of the carbonation, and a few sips took away the Nausa. The pain meds are good but put me right to sleep. I have not really had any Pain so to speak just lots of discomfort so I have been taking the pain med when going to sleep or for my afternoon nap. Have been drinking protene Water, and chicken broth but that is getting old. I am down about 10 Lbs since Friday so that is good.

Well take care

Ross

You're doing great. I spoke to my doctor yesterday and he said I could have Jello and Tomato Soup, but nothing thicker for now. The Protein Shakes are o.k. just have to Water them down. It's important to get some Protein. Today I'm feeling better. Just a little sore on the inside and gas still in the shoulder sometimes so I know it's still moving around inside. We are on the right track Brother! Hurray for us>

You are a little brother to me too. Now if you are over 6 foot then you would really fit into my family. I am only 5'1" but the rest of the "kids" are 6' (sister) and 3 brothers who range from 6'1 to 6'11". Go figure and no we didn't have a milkman. :thumbup:

I was banded yesterday, and I also had a hiatal hernia repaired. I'm still having issues going from laying down to standing up, it's just the incision on the upper left that is bothering me. And the shoulder pain.... OMG... this better go away soon! I've had heating pads on it all day, my husband massaging it, and nothing seems to help! I hope this goes away soon!!! But congrats! I'm supposed to be on full liquids tomorrow, and then mushies on Saturday. I haven 't even been hungry today, but I drank some broth anyway. I have my liquid hydrocodone, and I've been taking it religiously, but more for the shoulder pain than anything else!

I was banded yesterday, and I also had a hiatal hernia repaired. I'm still having issues going from laying down to standing up, it's just the incision on the upper left that is bothering me. And the shoulder pain.... OMG... this better go away soon! I've had heating pads on it all day, my husband massaging it, and nothing seems to help! I hope this goes away soon!!! But congrats! I'm supposed to be on full liquids tomorrow, and then mushies on Saturday. I haven 't even been hungry today, but I drank some broth anyway. I have my liquid hydrocodone, and I've been taking it religiously, but more for the shoulder pain than anything else!

Trust me it will get better. I am still having pain on the left side where the port is I think but walking around and taking the pain medicine will help alot. Mine is getting better each day. If you don't have any GasX chewables or strips then get some it will help alot too. Oh, don't do any situps!:thumbup:

For the shoulder pain you gotta walk, walk, walk............believe me I was banded three weeks ago and I could not get rid of the gas pain until I started to walk. Stubborn me I tried to sleep it off the first three days............by day four it was hurting so bad I got up and paced the backyard............sure did get that gas moving around and out............it hurt to walk but it hurt more not to walk!!

tHE SHOULD PAIN WILL GO AWAY, BUT I FOUND THAT THE HEATING PAD MADE IT WORSE. WALK IS WHAT THE NURSE SAID TO RELIEVE THE PAIN AND TAKE GASX STRIPS OR CRUSH THE TABLETS. THEY WILL HELP TOO. I WAS BANDED FRIDAY AND I STILL GET THE ODD GAS PAIN IN THE SHOULDER, BUT NOT NEARLY AS BAD. ALSO WHEN YOU GO TO sleep.. BE PROPPED UP ON PILLOWS SO YOU ARE NOT LYING DOWN FLAT.

I'M HAVING shakes, Tomato Soup AND juice, APPLE juice AND APPLESAUCE. I PREFER THE BABY APPLESAUCE..NOT AS SWEET AND IT'S CREAMIER.

CONGRATULATIONS...IT'LL GET EASIER.