Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded 4/10/09 and had lost 23 pounds at my 2 week weigh in. I'm in my 3rd week, and have not lost a single ounce according to the scale. I'm not pmsing or retaining Water. I eat approx 800 calories a day...why haven't I lost anything this week???? Numerically, that seems impossible!

and it is...it will eventually come off. Right now, our bodies are in metabolic shock! So few calories slows our metabolisms to a crawl, preventing weight loss from happening or causing us to get stuck. I would recommend kicking up your exercise commitment to jump start the metabolism again...I'm walking 3 miles per day and doing step aerobics on wii fit and I am losing weight. The 2 days I was sedentary, the scale didn't budge...I too am consuming less than 800 calories as I'm only 13 days post op.

Thanks Stephanie! My doc prohibited exercise until 5 weeks out, but I have been going on walks to generally build up my ability to actually work out again. That makes sense what you said, but boy, I eat I don't lose weight, I don't eat I don't lose weight, ugh! LOL!

This same subject is on another forum, and everyone said they are experiencing the same thing...my surgery date was April 13th and I'm in the same boat - I'm walking 2.5 miles every other day and can tell inches are coming off, but NO POUNDS. It does get discouraging, but at least I can wear clothes I couldn't previously!!!! Keep going and doing what you are told, I'm sure it will happen for us!!!!!!:biggrin:

This same subject is on another forum, and everyone said they are experiencing the same thing...my surgery date was April 13th and I'm in the same boat - I'm walking 2.5 miles every other day and can tell inches are coming off, but NO POUNDS. It does get discouraging, but at least I can wear clothes I couldn't previously!!!! Keep going and doing what you are told, I'm sure it will happen for us!!!!!!:biggrin:

That is soooooo true! My clothes are fitting soooo much better!!!! I'm so impatient, but I need to get over it!

None of you are far out from surgery, and probably haven't even had your first fill. This is the toughest time! REALLY. You're feeling so much better since you're healing and you've probably made it to mushy food (which tasted so much better than it should have, LOL), and maybe even to real food. It's bandster hell, a phrase you probably have seen on here in other threads. It does get better. Keep making good choices on your food, exercise if you can or walk if you can't work out and soon it will start to happen. Good luck!

Cathy is right. It can be hell during that time. You may be tempted to experiment beyond what the rules say you can eat. I caution you to stay on track. Limit your experimentation to new flavors, not new textures. Be patient with the band. This will not be your last plateau. Those will happen from time to time for varying reasons (my pattern is lose great for 2 weeks, gain a week, lose what I just gained, then lose great for 2 weeks, and so it goes). I'm okay with that. The trend is definitely "downwards."

Right before my surgery, both the nurse and my doc reminded me that I can expect to NOT lose weight right away and that the weight loss will not be rapid. What they said turned out to be pretty true for me. Our body's metabolism slows down because we are not getting enough calories to sustain it. When your metabolism slows down, so does the weight loss.

Give your bodies time to heal and adjust. Focus on that and on following those very important post-surgery rules. The time to lose weight will come. I hope you have some smaller clothes ready and in your closet 'cause you're going to need them before you know it.

I was banded 4/10/09 and had lost 23 pounds at my 2 week weigh in. I'm in my 3rd week, and have not lost a single ounce according to the scale. I'm not pmsing or retaining Water. I eat approx 800 calories a day...why haven't I lost anything this week???? Numerically, that seems impossible!

You may not be eating enough. My post op diet will be 1200 calories (dr orders).

I didn't read anyone elses response but ...

The first month or so you shouldn't be concerned with the loss this is a time for healing. You may feel better but it take massive amounts of energy and nutrients from the body to heal from surgery.

I am on a 2 month plateau atm ... It happens and you just have to shock the body back into a loss. Change things up. Don't do the same exercises or always eat the same foods.

800 calories? Not enough. I have to have atleast 1000-1200 a day for my body to even consider dropping a pound. Also the Water intake for me has to be over the top... atleast 80oz+

Good luck.

I was banded on April 9 and I am also having the same problem. I have lost 20 lbs isnce surgery and I am also at a stand still. I will have my first fill on May 20 and they told me it will be 3cc. I do not know what size my band is but I intend in finding out the day of my fill. I hope that it gives me restriction. Good luck to you. I know where you are coming from but I think that it will happen for us before we know it.

Ditto Ditto Ditto---

Banded 4/2/09- I weighed myself last at about 2 weeks post op- My next f/u is 5/15/09- Don't know if I will get a fill or not...

I don't feel as if I am loosing lbs but I know I am losing inches because I am able to wear clothes I tucked away 4 years ago for a "thin day"....

I was told to be on "solid foods" by the time of my appointment but a part of me is fearful of gaining some weight when I do- Hopefully my dietician can clear up my worries Friday.....

Congrats on your surgery.

In case you might be interested, wanted to let you know that there's a forum for all the April bandster's HERE - in case you'd like to share experiences with others of us being banded at around the same time. It's a wonderful place for support. There's a big discussion about bandster hell there.

For what its worth, I agree with Brandy and some others that 800cals/per day is not enough and you may be putting your body into 'starvation mode'.

Also, you've been added to the list of April bandsters HERE.