Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can a fill not work?

I had my first fill on the 15th of this month (about 2 weeks ago) I haven't noticed a difference in restriction--if anything, I am a lot more hungry than I was before!!! Has anyone had this happen, or can you give me any tips? Thanks!

many doctors will tell you that it may take 1-3 fills to notice a difference,many U.S. doctors are very conservative on their fill ammounts and like to creep up on restriction where as Mex. Docs are much more agressive and want restriction immediately .

My first fill was 1.1 cc's and I noticed a difference.I had my fills in MX..I had a total of 3 to lose all of my weight for a totla of 2.5 cc's How much was your first fill

I'm on my third fill.. going in for my forth next week. I am restricted for the first couple days then its gone. I waited longer than i should have for the fill im getting next week but i was also pretty sick lately with my gallbladder problems.

It usually definately takes people at least a couple fills to find the right restriction because everyone is different. If you are really feeling to hungry then go in for another fill thats what mine always tells me. Granted my insurance is really good and pays for it.

My surgeon is over cautious about my fill amount because of the problems I had in the hospital.. my first fill i couldnt even swallow without it coming back up and that was only 2ccs this time i plan to get more than normal in hopes that it lasts!!

My first fill was 1.3, but afterward there was some bleeding and I wonder if some of the saline didn't come out as well. I'm going to call my Dr. today and see what he thinks. Thank you all for the incite and information. It is much appreciated.

Yes, this is very commen.

Very few people experience restriction with their first fill. Although, some gain restriction 4 - 6 weeks after the fill. This is a little scary. Just be careful. Many times patients will get fills one right after another, then suddenly they cant even drink a sip of Water. THEN need to be unfilled.

Take those fills slow and easy.

ANother thought is that I would wait until after my cycle (if you are a female) until getting fill #2. This is a good test to determine the maxium amount of restriction you are going to have with this fill.

My first fill was 1.3, but afterward there was some bleeding and I wonder if some of the saline didn't come out as well. I'm going to call my Dr. today and see what he thinks. Thank you all for the incite and information. It is much appreciated.

WAIT!!! What do you mean, "there was some bleeding???!!!" Are you talking about the spots on the bandage from the injection, or are we taking some serious blood amount???

I seriously doubt that there was any sailine leaking out of the port, not through your skin anyway. Nor would it leak out of the port from the injection site. They have figured out how to give shots through membrains figured out pretty good.

Please speak with your doc and let him or her know of your concerns.

It took me 3 fills to get good restriction. I'm now at 2.5 cc & I could probably still be a little tighter but I'm choosing to remain here for a while. Up until I had this last fill I was even gaining weight. Hope this helps!

Hi Everyone,

I had my first fill on the 15th of this month (about 2 weeks ago) I haven't noticed a difference in restriction--if anything, I am a lot more hungry than I was before!!! Has anyone had this happen, or can you give me any tips? Thanks!

Bizarre isn't it? I had my second fill this morning...a bit of an ordeal but I won't bore you with the details....I do envy you guys who get it numbed before the fill....

I waited four weeks before going to the doc and still nothing...I certainly feel it right now...I don't know how much he put in this time but I had 4cc (I think) the first time....I didn't feel any restriction and was more hungry...today I couldn't finish my Soup after the fill so here's hoping.

I thought it was weird that I felt more restriction before the first fill than after it. I think my doc was a bit sceptical but I lost no weight to speak of....and really lost and gained the same 2-3 pounds....sorta the same as before I got the band....

Anyway....I'll keep my fingers crossed for you Terri-ific....

After the fill there was an amount of bleeding at the port site. Even the Dr. commented on the fact that that usually doesn't happen. Thanks to everyone for the input and good wishes; it is much appreciated! Terri-ific

Got another fill today and he put about twice as much saline in this time as he did the last! This time I actually feel some restriction (just a bit) and was full after the broth I had at lunch! Yea!! Maybe this time it will do right.