Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Needed advise, I think I have blockage...

I had my second fill on monday, was ok and liquids been keeping down fine. Stupid me was starving for an orange and I ate one. I thought I chewed it up well, now I am in discomfort. any suggestions? I can drink ok but until pain goes away I'm affraid to try anything plus I am probably swollen again. I feel like throwing up, but that feeling isnt enough to trigger doing it though. Please help!

Thanks

Kim

Hmm, when that happens to me, I just go to the bathroom, act like I'm going to burp and see if it comes back up. If it doesn't, then it's probably going to work its way through the band. Not sure how to help it along.

Have you tried taking some Papaya Enzymes? You can get a bottle of it in the Vitamin aisle at Walmart.< /p>

I am burping allot, nausea has calmed down, still in pain, going to have hubby go for some papaya pills. Thanks! I also did the dog position for yoga, that made me start burping more so maybe thats a good sign.... Thanks for not calling me an Idiot, I already know I am one for even trying to eat the orange.....

Edited by KimberlyJ

I hope the Papaya helps. I was going to mention that, but thought it only helped with meat.

Of course you aren't an idiot. We've all eatten something we shouldn't at one time or another.

Good luck to you.

I was cautioned about citrus fruit. Spefically, I was told that citrus is okay to eat BUT you need to peel away not just the out feel BUT ALSO the whitish skin-like stuff from each section before you eat it. That part is very fibrous and can easily get stuck. Not so for the sections. So I just buy citrus salad in a jar...already peeled all that stuff away. If you weren't warned, how could you have known?!? You got stuck. You could have PB'd but you didn't. It will break down and you'll feel better -- thank goodness.

Well now I know! Thanks for the information! I go back to the dietician on Thursday so I will ask her then and let her know what you told me. I am slowly feeling better, this is the first time I got stuck, I dont like this feeling so I will definately try to avoid it from now on....

I know the feeling...I've been having a lot of sick moments lately.

Have you tried the mini oranges in the kids pack aisle? They may have a lot less membrane to them and might be easier to deal with.

Feel better soon!

I think it help disolve food so it will go down easier..... I have never taken them so I am not sure.... Maybe someone else will elaborate on it..

I just learned about the papaya enzyme the other night. It really works. They are chewable and taste good. They help break down the food that is stuck. I am so glad I know about this. I have been banded for over a year and a half and I am just finding out about them. Go to Walmart and buy them ASAP!