Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yes, I had/have Dr. Fiallo. I love the guy. It's been about 18 months since my surgery....I'm down 98 lbs!

hi my name is amy and i live in springfield too! I have dr. Haag, he is in the same office as dr.Fiallo. I love haag he's been awsome. I know people who have Fiallo and they are happy with him also.

when r u scheduled for surg? you must be excited to get this journey started. I have been banded a little over 3 weeks, and im very happy to have gotten the band. If u want to compare notes, drop me a line!

amy

Hi Everyone,

Oh i am so happy to hear you all like them at that office...I am going to the information meeting tonight but i have already started my journey with the mental health person. dietician, weight loss clinic, ect per Blue Cross....so now i am picking my surgeon...How lonf does Dr Fiallo make you wait for the surgery or i should say going through all the areas requested by ins...My ins co said there was no real length of time so i was wondering if you have been going to everyone for 4 months do you think he will do the surgery?....question...Do you have that pb they talk about and other bad symptoms and how bad are they really?....thanks for any help you can offer...i get on another board, obesity help and there are members from all over the country and i tell you i hear about slippage way to often...scares me.....

Hi Everyone,

Oh i am so happy to hear you all like them at that office...I am going to the information meeting tonight but i have already started my journey with the mental health person. dietician, weight loss clinic, ect per Blue Cross....so now i am picking my surgeon...How lonf does Dr Fiallo make you wait for the surgery or i should say going through all the areas requested by ins...My ins co said there was no real length of time so i was wondering if you have been going to everyone for 4 months do you think he will do the surgery?....question...Do you have that pb they talk about and other bad symptoms and how bad are they really?....thanks for any help you can offer...i get on another board, obesity help and there are members from all over the country and i tell you i hear about slippage way to often...scares me.....

Hi, welcome to LBT. I was banded by Dr. Haag on 11/14, he is awesome. They usually tell you the process takes about 6 months, but because you have already started the process then perhaps your wait will be shorter. I have also experienced a pb a couple of times but it is not the end of the world, just extremely uncomfortable. The lab band was the best thing I ever did for myself. As far as complications such as slippage, my thought is there are far more complications for me staying overweight. With anything you do there is a risk, but to me the benefits out weighed the risks. When you go to the information session make sure you ask questions about the risks, and or how many slippages and flipped ports pvsa has had. All in all I would not worry to much, Fiallo is a great doc as well. Keep us updated on your journey, and maybe we will see you at the support group meetings. Good luck.:sneaky:

When are the meetings held for Pioneer Valley surgeons?..Are they once a month on a certain day?:thumbup:Are they at the Clarion off Riverdale Rd? Yes it would be fun to meet you youngh folks..i am older, 61 and need your in put...ha,ha....

Yes they are usually once a month at the clarion but there has been a few changes and they are doing pre op and post op meetings together. I think this months is the 20th but not 100%. Don't worry also we are here to support each other at any age!!!lol If you have any questions let me know if I can help you.

Your welcome

since most of you have Dr Hagg or Dr Fiallo for your surgeons....question. How long did they say to stay out of work...i was told in the informal meeting that there were no restrictions after lap band, what! i even said i work with children, lifting, changing , ect and they said no restrictions....i was blown away...On the OH board all of them said there Dr told them not to lift over 25 pounds...some said no laundry baskets for 2 weeks........How long do you think , since you all had the surgery that i should take off from work? I had a nurse tell me to take 3-4 weeks...she went back early and her port is now flipped....??? Help!

Hi sweetpea, there are some restrictions after lapband. Some of these are no lifting anything over 5 pounds for a couple of weeks, no exercising until 4 weeks after, etc. I originally took 6 days off, my surgery was on a fri , so I was supposed to go back to work the following friday. I eventually ended up taking an extra 6 days off because I wasn't sleeping good, and I was in pain still. I went back to school 1 week after surgery. On this site you see some take 2 days off and some take two weeks off. Talk to the surgeon when you see him and ask him what he thinks. Hope that helps a little. Good luck getting through the next week waiting for your consult date, your probably anxious, but you have so much to look forward to.:)

well with that said i can see i need to take 2 weeks off for sure...some of my kids are 25 lbs....yes infact the office told me i might hear by the end of the week with a appt date..i just night make the May meeting after all...

I'll be praying for you that you get your appt this week. I hope that I see you at the May meeting. If you can think of any other questions don't hesitate. I will help you in any way I can. take care.:)