Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

?? for those who worked out prior to being banded

Did you have a problem with energy or nausea while on your pre-op and post op diets? The reason why I ask is that I work out now approx 5 times per week.....2 - 3 times swimming and 3 times on the crossramp for 1 hr each. I really don't want to stop but I am afraid of lack of energy or nausea if I am super hungry. Thanks in advance for your replies.

I haven't had any problems with that. Remember, you get energy from your fat stores. As long as you eat before and after the work out to control your blood sugar, you should be fine.

Did you have a problem with energy or nausea while on your pre-op and post op diets? The reason why I ask is that I work out now approx 5 times per week.....2 - 3 times swimming and 3 times on the crossramp for 1 hr each. I really don't want to stop but I am afraid of lack of energy or nausea if I am super hungry. Thanks in advance for your replies.

My pre-op diet consisted of Clear liquids for 10 days and the post op was the same:eek:. I was not able to work out during this time because I had no energy. Before starting the pre-op diet, I had already made up my mind that I would not even try to work out. I got right back on track once I was to the mushy stages and could actually get some (almost real) food in me. I started out by just walking a little each day and now I am back to working out 5-6 days a week for at least an hour each day. Don’t beat yourself up if you need to take a break. You need to heal properly after the surgery or it will take even longer to get back into your workout routine.

I had a big issue w/ being tired on the pre-op clear liquid diet (5 days) my dr had me on. But they allowed us to have Protein drinks like Isopure on the pre-op diet, which totally helped my energy.

As far as being post-op working-out, I've been told to drink my Protein Drink like an hour before I plan to work out & pair it w/ a carb to energy. Also, make sure you are doing ur drinking while working out, it will help. Hope this helped :thumbup:

Hi, I would be super cautious a week or two after surgery. I tried to push it and had terrible paid where the port is stitched, it can tear or worse you could get a hernia:w00t:. You should have a talk with your doctor about how to progress back into your workout routine.

Good Luck