Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Adelaide Bandsters???

Tarob - it really sucks with people like that, its just makes you wonder why you confided in them in the first place, clearly your best interests are not being met. Have a look at my blog under Telling People about some of the different reactions i got my blog is on jessquest.com

Trish - when were you able to go back to gym. Your 20kg has motivated me to keep on with the liquids, im just going to have to get more creative with liquids for the remaining days.

Leah - How you felt any restriction yet? i can not wait until i get restriction. I have nothing atm, i know my surgeon just put an empty band in there, if only the weeks upto solids were like the first week when i was swollen!

Hey MsJess

I went back to the gym after about 2 weeks, just took it easy for about a week, have only just started to really get into it. I love the gym, I hated not being able to go for that 2 weeks......Was at the gym this morning for about and hour and a half :lol:

The liquad stage is pretty hard, but just think how great its going to be when all the weight starts falling off :lol:

I went nuts shopping today :thumbup: Its so nice to fit into nicer clothes now :)

Whereabouts in SA is everyone from? Im from Blakeview :)

Am I the only person from the northern suburbs?? :blushing:

Thanks everyone!

I am from the North too just the other side of munno para shopping centre in Elizabeth North :blushing:

Hey guys

Im on the north western side atm, in Largs Bay atm. I literally bought a house last week in Mawson Lakes, so ill be moving there next month woohooo!

I know the liquid stage will pass and im just taking it hour by hour. Ill be fine i guess - two weeks left on it!

I might call my clinic on Tuesday and see if i can go back to my gym! I miss it too!

Hi Everybody,:thumbup:

I have just found this forum - thank goodness! I have just been booked in to have my band in September, with Dr Anderson. I have been waiting for two years, as like you Tarob, I had the wrong level of health insurance, and I could not find anyone to do the op in a public hospital as a private patient. You are very lucky that Dr Anderson will do it for you, as he refused to do it for me last year. What hospital will you be going to?

Mari

Congrats on getting the date Maricole, i remembered when i got mine! I was just over the moon, it made it feel more real.

This week guys i lost nothing! On Wii Fit it said 0.0kg! I really need to do the exercise i think and cut back on my drinking stuff. I am going to make a diligent effort this week. I want to have better results than this!

I don't actually live in Adelaide. I live in Roxby Downs, but obviously am in Adelaide a fair bit for band appointments (and to go shopping!).

I am really happy with my level of restriction after my fill on Friday. I think I am finally at my sweet spot! Portion sizes are smaller, and I am staying full for much longer. Its great! I'm almost at 25kgs down, over halfway of what the clinic wants me to lose. My personal trainer is away this week, so will have to make extra effort on my own to keep the loss happening.

Don't get put off by not losing any weight Jess. I had 5 very frustrating weeks when I didn't lose anything! Your body is still recovering, anyways. They say the first 6 weeks are for recovery, not weight loss. I know its still frustrating though!

Omg First 6 weeks for recovery - i feel like im normal, ok maybe i cant run a marathon - not that i could before the band, but still. Oh goodness if i had 5 weeks of not losing anything i think i would cry, i would want restriction! How did you get through the 5 weeks Leah?

I think i might just do walks as long as the weather calms down with the rain - although i could do the step thing on Wii Fit - yeah thats an option and i could do it in my pj's! Wooohoo.

Im going to call them tomorrow anyway as im going back to work tomorrow and ive lost my Sick Certificate i need them to write another one! Eeek! I never lose things! What is wrong with me!

It was very, very trying... I didn't have much restriction and I wasn't exercising enough. I got myself a pedometer and made myself do at least 10,000 steps a day and then I finally started losing again!

Ha, just saw your start weight Jess. I started at 135.6kgs, so just 100gms more than you. Down to 112kg now, loving it. Can't wait to be under 100 though! How tall are you? My personal goal weight is around 80kgs - I'm 178cm tall, and carry a lot of muscle so I think that will be right for me.

Ha, just saw your start weight Jess. I started at 135.6kgs, so just 100gms more than you. Down to 112kg now, loving it. Can't wait to be under 100 though! How tall are you? My personal goal weight is around 80kgs - I'm 178cm tall, and carry a lot of muscle so I think that will be right for me.

So i guess the thing is to just exercise and it will happen eventually.

My personal goal weight is 70 and im 177cm tall, youre 1cm taller than me! I dont carry muscle - i hope too, and then put my personal training qualification to the test!

Hey everyone! I love the pedometer idea thats great! I am currently 108Kg But i am 160cm tall so my BMI is 40.

Maricole Dr Anderson didnt take the descition lightly I am having my op at Norlunga and there is no intensive care there so he had to make sure there was no risk first. I have to get under 100kg first before september. I also dont currently have any other health risks.

I want to get a Wii and Wii Fit. I think that will be a lot of fun! but currently I have to save for our overseas holiday!

MsJess I had a look at your blog it was good, I have been really lucky too as I told a really good friend of mine and i thought she was going to be upset about it but she was really excited and said "since I have known you how have really strugggled with your weight so this is a really good thing" she doesnt drink and really healthy and is glad that i will be taking that path too!

Those who are already banded how much work did you have off?? I have a week booked as I sit in the same spot for 8 hours a day and type, but what do youse think?

Hey Tarob. I went back to work about 12 days after the operation. I sit at a desk mostly too. 12 days was plenty for me - you could see how you go after a week. Sitting was pretty uncomfortable for me for about a week after the op, I had to keep leaning on pillows and sitting at funny angles!

Oh, I am so excited today. I am one kilo off my second goal - 25kgs down. I lost a kg this week and didn't do ANY exercise cos my personal trainer is away so the gym is closed!

Great work Leah! That is such a good effort! I am very happy for you, That is good to know that you were more than ready after 12 days I guess I will just take each day as it comes.

I work in a Call Centre atm, and i took 2 weeks off, i was fine after a week, but i wanted a week off anyway just to make sure i was and have a break from work.

Those who have the TickerFactory thingo, how do you update those? ive been trying and it wont let me