Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Adelaide Bandsters???

September will be here before you know it!

I remember when i had to wait a whole year, April 2008 to April 2009 for my private health insurance to lapse the 12 months, and then my surgery was scheduled for end of May 2009 so really 13 months!

The time did so fast which was great. I remembers counting months, and then in the New Year days!

Im sure it will all go as planned!

Hi all,

New to the forum - good to see some Adelaide people on here, I was beginning to think everyone was American :(.

My info... Banded in October 2008 by Dr Bessell and have lost 20kgs so far; which from what I gather for a guy isn't that great but at least I'm on my way. I have been away overseas for a couple of months and so left my band as it was (a bit loose) after two fills. Now I'm back it's time to get serious and get filled again - since I have been a bad little boy :smile:

So anyway - hi :w00t:

That's great that you have a date now Tarob. Like Jess said, the time will fly. I had my initial appointment in September and had to wait till February for the banding (because of work restraints) but the time flew and I was banded before I knew it!

hi all im new here :(

Dr Bessel is doing my surgery on the 24th of June. Starting my pre-op diet on the 10th.

Definately starting to feel the nerves!

Congrats Kitty on getting a surgery date, i remember i was so happy to get a date, something to work towards.

Hopefully it will be here in no time for you.

Hey thanks For well wishes! yeah I was really happy with how close it is! Wisk 20kg is great male or female! Ms Jess you were banded not long ago how is everything going? And this may be a silly questions but how long after banding can you fly??

Everything is going great with my band - im just sick of the liquid stage already, i need to get creative. Im really looking forward 22 June when i start mushies!

I dont know about he flying, but im planning on flying to Melb on 18 June, so ill let you know how i felt 4 weeks post surgery. Lucky its only a 1 hr flight!

Everything is going great with my band - im just sick of the liquid stage already, i need to get creative. Im really looking forward 22 June when i start mushies!

QUOTE]

Wow, why do you have to do liquids for so long?!

My clinic has just set it that way. 4 weeks liquids, 2 weeks Mushies and then after seeing the Dietician again Solids!!!! Omg hopefully solids on 6 July!

I don't think I would have survived 4 weeks of liquids... I still can't stomach even the thought of Soup, I was so over it by the end! Especially cos I was getting really hungry after about 1.5 weeks.

Anyways, welcome to all the newbies!

I am going to get my 3rd fill on Friday. Dr Bessell is doing it himself because of the difficulty they have with my port. It got twisted sometime between my first and second fills. Don't know what I did! Hoping to get another 0.4ml at most. I have 5.8mls in now and am almost at my sweet spot, but still getting hungry about 2 hours after eating and can still eat a fair bit. Weight loss has been steady but that is more because I work my ass off in the gym than from food restriction.

Hey Everyone

I had my first fill yesterday 5ml, I felt as though I had no restriction at all so am happy to have had the fill :biggrin:

Have lost 20kg so Im excited. Still lots to go :biggrin:

Going back for my 2nd fill on July 2nd

Am starting on solid food Monday Yipeeeeeeeeeeee I am dieing for something to eat, something that I can chew :thumbup:

Anyway good luck to everyone that has their dates, For me its been the best thing I have done in my life for myself :tt1: Its certainly is life changing :eek:

Big High Fives to Everyone :)

Hey Trish - how long did you have to do liquid for?

i am going insane, i have another 16 days left on liquids. Thats amazing 20kg so far! When did you get banded? I am in aww of your 20kg. I think that might keep me going thru this awful liquid stage.

The book I was given by my DR says 2 weeks liquid 2 weeks mush then solid....... I am sure however your doctor does it differently for a reason :biggrin: I am actually getting worried about it now! Not bad stuff just more anxious, I wanna know my results etc. and I am wondering/ hoping I go really well. I am going to really start changing my eating etc on monday so then I dont find it so hard closer to my banding date.

2 month 10 days to go to I get to be in the game with a chance!

I read this little thing today and i never saw things this way before.......

The picture was a larger woman walking the caption said

"Strap 40kg of potato to your body then go for a walk, That's what it is like for me"

I wish more people understood this!

Anyway It late so I am rambling so I wanna Vent about a girl at work.

This girl has lost 40kg I will give her that but she spends hours every day in the gym and she can with her lifestyle! Great for her..... However, I have spoken to her a few times about the different things i have tried just at it was something we have in common etc and i had not told anyone at work about this op. When the date was booked in I was a bit bad but hey it is going to be the last time forever! I wasnt eating the best food for lunch. She yelled over to me so everyone could hear which would be close to 30 or so, whilst i was eating.. "so hows the weight loss going??" She didnt even want an answer and just looked away! I wanted to walk over to her and slap her in the face:cursing::biggrin::cursing::thumbup::cursing::tt1::cursing::eek::cursing::):cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing:

She knows what it is like! its great she found what works for her but how dare she embarriss me like that! :cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing:

Ok I am all vented now!

I just cant wait till I get my results! Hey I am fat but I can loose it, she is alway going to be socially retarded!

Hey Everyone

Hope everyone is doing well :thumbup:

MsJess, I got banded on May 14th by Dr Anderson @ Ashford Hospital, I started my pre op early, but my 20kg Ive ost since the end of March so I guess just over 2 months. Just before the op I was at 13kg but 2 weeks after the op I hit 20kg ( ahahah a gold bangle in store for me from my hubby now ) I was on liquads for 2 weeks after the surgery then mushies, was supposed to be finishing the mushies at the end of next week, but the doctor told me on Thursday that I should start my solids on Monday

The liquad stage wasnt too bad though it was only 2 weeks and for about half of that I was swollen so I could eat (well drink) much anyway so that helped. Im so excited to start eating properly on Monday. I have been craving a cheese sandwich and roast for months now.

I did my first body jam class on wed night hahahaha it was funny but a great workout, Have gone back to the gym 4 times a week now.....I love it, have turned into a bit of a gym junkie :tt1::biggrin:

Hey Tarob, I was petrified before my surgery, so scared that I started writing out letters to my loved ones in case I died, and notes for my husband eg, what our son has in his lunch box everyday I know its easy for people to tell you theres nothing to worry about, but you have to feel that for yourself. This website helped me through so much, just reading through peoples stories etc. Yeh everyone is different but you dont see many bad stories on here Ive noticed its great......Also being that your going through the same doctor as I did, his assistant surgeon Dr Sabine is just gorgeous he made me feel comfortable on my last appointment before surgery that most of my worries and aniexty went away :eek: You'll be in great hands, its gonna come around so quickly :) And as for that cow at your work, bloody hell she must be related to my cow of a mother in law, go on give her a big bitch slap :cursing: heheheh Im evil :cursing: She of all people should know what it feels like........Just know that you are a better person than she is :cursing:

Trish:thumbup::biggrin:

Glad you finally got some fill, Trish. 5ml is a lot first off, but if you had none then a good amount. I had 1.4ml in at surgery.

I got another fill tonight. Dr Bessell did it himself and got the needle in no worries. He did itunder fluroscope but said he didn't think it was necessary, so don't know why Dr Patroney had such difficulty on more than one occassion!

I now have 6.3ml. Though hoping my band hasn't leaked cos Dr Bessell was only able to pull out 4ml. I doubt it though cos restriction hasn't dropped that much. I just had some room service spaghetti bolognese and it went down fine. Will see tomorrow if I have any extra restriction!