Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Adelaide Bandsters???

Hey everyone! Yeah your mother in law is a cow! some people just dont get it! I am going to see my GP tomorrow to get the bus rolling so wish me luck everyone, I am seeing dr anderson in june.

Hey Tarob,

Good luck with Dr Anderson he is a lovely man, so are his assist surgeons if you get to meet Dr Sabine he is lovely, he made me feel so much braver coming up to the surgery. He is kinda odd but really happy go lucky.

My Mum in Law is the biggest cow on earth. She is so negative about everything. Oh unless its about herself of course hehehe Ahhhhhhhhhh mother in laws, thank god we dont have to live with them forever.

I have to see Dr Anderson on Thursday to get my clips taken out, yipeeee then the bandages can come off :smile: :laugh:

How is everyone else going?

Yeah good, I got the ok from my GP, now I just have to see if Dr Anderson will do it in a public hospital as I am not covered for private hospital theatre fees, fingers crossed

Good luck with Dr Anderson, he is lovely. I really liked him and all the staff at his rooms. I hope he can do it all for you :purplebananna:

Hey I was talking to a guy at work and his sister had it done 4 years ago and it still overweight?? how can that be? is that her eating badly? She would still have a bmi of over 40 too!

Hi Tarob. The idea of the band is, ideally, that over 2 years you will lose 2/3 of your excess weight. So Just say someone was 80kgs overweight, then they might lose around 50kgs, but still have another 30kgs left on.

One of my friends got a band 7 years ago. She lost 50kgs but is still over 100kgs, and is still trying to shift some more weight.

That said, it is very easy to eat badly with a band. chocolate, lollies, soft drink, alcohol... All that yummy but bad stuff passes through the band without a problem. So its possible that your work mates sister doesn't eat well and probably doesn't exercise.

I have lost 22kgs so far, but it has been by no means easy. I have to constantly watch what and how much I eat and work my ass off at the gym. The band is a great tool if you use it to your advantage, but if you get stuck in old, bad habits it won't help at all!

Hey

Yipeeeeeeeeeeee got my clips taken out today and got weighed, have now lost 20kg. I told my husband before I started all this that if and when I lose 20kg he has to buy me a gold bangle (something that I have always wanted) and yipeeeeeeeeeeeee 20kg to the gram today :smile: hehehehe hmmmm who sells nice bangles :mad2:

Hope everyone is doing great.....I went on my first shopping spree a couple of days ago oh and tonight :tt2: tonight, Have decided Jay Jays is my new best friend. Though there size XL is probably more a M..... its so exciting to sift through the wardrobe looking at clothes then can be thrown away, or better still I have started to list some things on ebay....mmmmm might make some more money to buy all new clothes.....sorry if Im babbling just excited about new smaller clothes

YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

High Fives to Everyone!!

Wow, Trish, I am totally jealous of your weight loss lol good for you though! 20kgs is incredible in such a short amount of time. Well worth a new gold bangle, in my opinion :smile:

Hey Trish! thats great! congratulations to you!! And thanks Leah your information was really helpful, It is silly as it is alot to go through to still eat badly. I currently go to fernwood and I told my slim coach that i am considering it, she has been good to with giving me unbias info so that is good. 9 days to I get to go to Dr Andersons office! I cant wait to find out

Hi Guys,

Tell me about it I almost fell over when I found out I hit the 20kg. Ive tried so hard and its payong off. Though Im sure it will slow down. I still have a very long way to go. :thumbup:

The swelling my stomach has gone down now as I can feel my port just rubbing my fingers over my tummy. And Im also able to fit more food in now than what I could just after the op. Though im still not hungry.........

9 days to go Tarob, cool I'll be thinking of you. Hy husband works with one of Dr Andersons assistant surgeons, like Ive said a million times there are all great. Fingers and toes crossed for you

Im back to the gym tomorrow, yipeeeeee well only on the treadmill and stuff like that, gotta do something Im getting bored:thumbdown:

Hey Guys

Im in Adelaide too, i was banded by Dr Lilian Kow at Flinders Private Hospital on 25 May 2009. The group i went through was the Adelaide Bariatric Centre at Flinders Private.

I originally was going to go through Dr Bessell, but Dr Kow was cheaper, my surgery did not cost a cent, it was covered by all of my health insurance.

She did charge a fee of $2200, for the appointments with the Dietician, Psychologist, Personal trainer etc tho. I did start the process with Dr Bessell, but the Psychologist wanted to see me an additional 4 times! I could only imagine what the other people wanted.

Dr Kow was awesome, she was so professional and so nice. I was on a ward with other newly lapbanders. Would not hesitate to recommend her to other people considering it.

Hi Jess, welcome :)

Yes, Dr Bessell is a bit more expensive, but I ended up going with him because of the extras and the great follow up his team offer. Its great to be able to call the dietician whenever I need to.

I wonder why the psychiatrist wanted to see you another 4 times? Did they want to see you another 4 times before the operation? I only saw her once before, and have regular 3 monthly follow ups for the first year.

It was 4 other appointments before the surgery took place.

If it was just once each with them all, i probably would of continued.

My mum is a theatre nurse in Brisbane, so i asked her to suss out from the surgeons there who they would recommend for Banding in Adelaide. They mentioned Dr Kow and didnt mention any other Doctor, so i knew i was in good hands.

dont get me wrong, i think Dr Bessell would be completely competant, look at all your results, but i thought cheaper and a recommendation was good enough although i know Health is priceless.

Hey Tarob,

How did your appointment go with Dr Anderson? Hope all went well

Trish :party:

Hey! Yeah It went really well, I have a date! booked in for the middle of September! So that is great! I am really happy about that. I hope everyone else is doing well