Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Adelaide Bandsters???

i was going to the toilet every hour on my second night in hospital!! was a bad night!!

I didn't mind the barium lol which is probably a bit wrong, but after no food I was like "Mmm... sweet chalky drink". Terrible haha It didn't make me feel sick, but it did wake up my bowels. Probably not a bad thing though considering I couldn't eat solids.

Yes, Emma, I've had trouble with quite a few foods. Haven't gone a day since my fill without vomiting! Hot chips/wedges aren't good, neither are peas and a McDonalds tandoori chicken wrap came back up too.

Pasta is the easiest thing to keep down, and no problem with chicken either. All trial and error I guess. I'm hoping it settles down in the next few days. The restriction is great though - not feeling hungry as soon and not eating as much. Excellent!

Edited by Leah28

Hi Everyone

I am booked in for surgery at Ashford hospital with Dr Anderson on May 14th, really scared that Im going to die (probably really stupid thoughts) :wink2: I find myself at night sometimes in tears, just the thought of leaving my husband and son behind scares the hell out of me :sad:

Its nice to see people from Adelaide on here....I have found this website so helpful in preparing for everything. Its great to read everyones stories about their surgery days etc. And peple are on here are so caring towards each other.

At the momemt Im starting my preop diet a week early but Im trying to get a head start......guess the more weight I lose before surgery the easier the surgery will be, well fingers crossed anyway.....The easier the surgery the less chance of dying right......sorry to put such a downer on things, its just nice to be able to talk to people about what Im feeling knowing that a lot of people have probably gone through the same feelings and thoughts.

I have felt like a blimp for so many years now, I am so determined now to get the weight off. Fingers crossed I get through it.

My mother in law once said to me after she lost over 60kgs from a stomach bipass, "Does it upset you to think you will never ever fit into these clothes? " :cursing:What a cow:cursing: This has given me so much determination to lose the weight.....I cant believe so many people out there are so insensitive....Have any of you had comments like that from family that has really hurt you? Or do I have the only mother in law from HELL :rolleyes:

Anyway enough of my babbling on and on

Fingers crossed for me so I can tell my mother in law to BITE MY BUM

Hi Trish, tell your mother in law she can bite my bum too... What a cow! Can't believe how insensitive she is after being overweight herself once...

Anyways, don't feel silly for thinking about dying etc. I did too, and cried when my fiance left before I went into surgery because I was scared I'd never see him again. But all went well, obviously, and I was out of surgery in just over an hour.

I started my pre-op diet a week early too, except I did opti for Breakfast and lunch and something light - light grilled chicken or fish - and veges for dinner for that extra week. I lost 3.5kgs in that first week!

Good luck!

Hey

Yeh my mother in law can certainly bite my bum and yours!!!!

:crying:

I have a little giggle at her sometimes because she has put on weight and she isnt as perfect as she thinks she is :biggrin:

Im feeling a little better tonight, no tears yet, Oh i am such a sook :eek: I know I will break down in tears when hubby leaves on the day of surgery, lets just hope the drugs knock me out fast!!!

In your first week of the pre op diet when you lost your 3.5kg did you have any Snacks or anything like that??? Im not fussed on eating during the day but when I get home thats when Im starving.....

And your two weeks before surgery were you just having 3 Optifast shakes a day or were you eating aswell?? Ive been reading what heaps of people have been saying about the pre op and everyone seems to differ....

I had a look at your journal on line and your pics are fantastic, you look great..........Bet your excited!!! I need to lose a got 50-60kg :biggrin:

I did have passionfruit and strawberries during the day as Snacks, because they were on my allowed list (though definitely had more than the allowance...). I was pretty naughty with the Optifast... More often than not over the 3 weeks I did it, I would have some meat with dinner - usually grilled chicken. And I did have some pumpkin as well and ate more than 2 cups of vegies a day.

That said, though, it wasn't that naughty, cos that was the bounds of it... No chocolate, lollies, take away or anything REALLY naughty. I just could not do the Optifast for 3 meals a day, every day. It made me physically sick and I had the worst cold the whole time I was on the opti! Thank god it cleared up a couple of days before the operation.

Hey Leah,

Funny you say (well not funny) that you had a cold when you were on the opti, I've had the sniffles pretty bad for the last couple of days......bloody opti fast, I just had a vanilla one for lunch, and the Water wasnt cold enough, ewwwwww foul.:w00t:

Well Leah you have given me a lot of hope now :) Thankyou. :smile:

How are going with your weight loss now? How many kilos have you lost now?

Another fill, another mill!! so that makes 4mL in total now, another fill in 2 weeks. I can feel the difference in just 1mL! hopefully things will start moving again, as it has been at a standstill for 2 weeks! (but we did have Easter and a holiday!)

Suzie, I could feel the difference at 4ml - I think its good to sit at that for a couple of weeks cos once you get some more, boy do you feel it!

Trish, I have almost reach the 20kg lost mark... I have lost over a kg this week after my fill last week, so very happy about that. I don't think I will be able to get much more fill - maybe another .5ml at most - or I won't be able to get anything down.

The only way I managed to get through the Optifast was with the berry crunch bars at first - though after a packet of them, I couldn't stomach them anymore. I still can't eat berry granola which I used to love cos it tastes the same lol. Also adding diet choc topping to the chocolate shakes. That was my real saviour!

hey guys sorry i havent been around! just got another fill yesterday have 6.2 now and see how it goes! Stopped losing for a while but hopefully this will kicstart it all again!!

Hi Guys

Had my final appointment with the doc prior to Surgery on May 14th, Have lost 13kg

Still freaking out, but feel a little better about everything lately