Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have been a very bad girl. Parts of me just want to keep quiet and "deal" with it. But, I know that if I do that I wont stop, so here goes...

I have been binging very bad lately. I realized a few weeks ago that I could "actually" eat more than 1/2 cup at a time. I kept pushing it and pushing it to see how far I could go at a time.

Nights have been REALLY bad for me. I come home, have dinner, then want something else, then something else. I have to stop eating all the time!

One thing I also have to confess is that I am a little afraid of getting a fill. I can assumet that if I get one that this will no longer be possible. But, I am afraid of only being able to eat a "tiny" bit. I like the fact that I can eat semi normal and still lose.

Please do not scold me...I just needed to let it out and I know that I am being bad! My next appointment is in May and I will get a fill then. I had my band placed in January and was filled at that point, none since. I have lost 43 pounds and keep losing steadily. But, I know that is going to stop if I DONT STOP.

Thanks for listening!

I hear you my sista!!

Holy Crap I have been struggling. Unlike you though I can't wait to get a fill. I go in next Thursday.

It all starts innocently with accidently eating too much and once that stinking rotten brain knows you can eat more it wants more...ARG! I mostly struggle in the afternoons and evenings too.

I think I need to cut down on Carbs...we'll see. I don't eat meat though so it's hard to avoid them. Something I really need more of is exercise. I know it feels good once I get going but I find myself lacking the motivation.

It's a daily stuggle but it gets better right?

Oh I hope it gets better :wink:

I was joking with my mom the other day about the reason I havent had any bread or things like that since surgery (pasta, bread, pizza, pancakes, etc.).

She said "Oh honey, you can't have pancakes anymore?" and I said "Maybe, but if I gain weight at my next appointment what am I gonna say?!?...Uh...I found out I could eat bread". LOL. I can't even try those things...

You must not be binging too bad if you are still losing. Just go get the fill. I know it's a hard thing to let go of, but just do it! I miss just taking a big messy bite of something. It's really strange the feelings and emotions I go through. Saying good bye to food as we knew it before is really hard but you can do girl!

I have had that same problem and it ususally takes two things to get me back on track once I recognize the behavior for what it is . . . backsliding into old habits.

The first thing I do is start tracking everything I put in my mouth. That includes a little piece of this or a little bite of that immediately after I eat it. Making myself post it, which I hate to do, actually makes mre take more responsibility for it and I eventually stop eating extra stuff because I don't want to have to post it. You can use an online application like thedailyplate or fitday.com . . . or even just track it in a notebook for that matter. If I do this for a week or two it usually gets me back on track.

The second is that I cut out all simple carbohydrates or processed foods for a little while. I find that when I eat them, I am hungry again 30-60 minutes later and start rooting around the kitchen again looking for something. I eat lots of Protein, lots and lots of veggies (but not starchy ones like corn or potatoes) and a little fruit. This breaks the cycle for me.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I'm right there with you sister, especially right now that I need an adjustment. I have found that I can eat pizza and bread. I force myself to stop at one slice, but it is a daily struggle. I have been told that once I reach a good level of restriction it will be easier and I hope so. I keep a daily written journal and I post my food on SparkPeople. I try to stay under 1200 calories but I am usually closer to 1300 or 1400. the weight loss has slowed a bit and I'm going in for a fill in two weeks.

Hang in there, its coming off and I believe the rest will work itself out.

I went to a support group meeting last night and was surprised by the number of people who admitted they had cheated since getting the band. They were there to get the support to get back in line so if there is a support group in your area maybe that would also help anyone who is having trouble keeping to the plan.

I'm struggling a bit too. I'm fairly good about tracking my food and usually stay below 1200 but blew it all to hell yesterday. I got three Tacos Supreme from Taco Bell for lunch, ate two of them and forced myself to stop. But I could have eaten the third one with no problem. I'm not losing big but I'm not gaining either. I think I need another fill. On the other hand, I'm kind of proud of myself for staying away from soda, so I am doing some things right. :wink:

You must not be binging too bad if you are still losing. Just go get the fill. I know it's a hard thing to let go of, but just do it! I miss just taking a big messy bite of something. It's really strange the feelings and emotions I go through. Saying good bye to food as we knew it before is really hard but you can do girl!

KAT!!! HAPPY BANDIVERSARY!!! I see it's one year today!

Congrats!

I got three Tacos Supreme from Taco Bell for lunch, ate two of them and forced myself to stop. :wink:

But you stopped! That's the most important thing: realize it and stop. I'm proud of you for not eating the third one! And you should be proud too. Next time, you will either be able to stop at 1, or even better yet, drive on by! You Go Girl!

Please do not scold me...I just needed to let it out and I know that I am being bad! My next appointment is in May and I will get a fill then. I had my band placed in January and was filled at that point, none since. I have lost 43 pounds and keep losing steadily. But, I know that is going to stop if I DONT STOP.

Thanks for listening!

(sorry for the multiple posts, i just noticed the 'multi' button for the first time!)

IWanna, your weight loss is very good! We've all been there in the same position you are, or very close to it, and we can all appreciate the struggle that you're going through to get back on track. This forum is a great place to bear your soul, confess, or ask for the soft kick in the back-side occassionally, and we all need it sometimes! If we didnt, there would be no need, and no place, for a website and forum such as this! I'm glad that you said what you did with honesty and truth! Keep up the good work. The weight that you have lost is a much better subject to talk about I think! And it looks like you're doing great overall! Keep up the good work!!!!

Tkl

I totally understand because I have done it too. You have lost an impressive amount of weight, so you are to be commended for that! After my fourth fill, I am unable to binge. It's been both a blessing and a curse, but I am losing weight.

KUTGW because you're worth it!

OMG, I am sooo relieved to read this post! I have been lurking on the boards lately feeling really guilty about binging. I was banded on December 18 and have had two fills. My doctor goes slow, I have about 3.5cc in a 10cc band and I am still able to eat alot of food (not as much as before, but much more than I thought would be possible). I am glad to read that there is a point when you feel restriction and cannot binge. I have never PB'ed but have had pain in my chest and unbelievable burping (my 14 year old son was jealous!).

I scheduled my next fill (I'm allowed to go every 6 weeks) and will keep scheduling them until my binging stops. I understand that there is a responsiblity on my part to watch what and how much I am eating, but I got the band so that it would help me know the limits.

I have lost 30 pounds and gained back 3 recently and am really disgusted with myself. Once I get the "boot" off my broken foot next week I am going to get back to walking and excercising so hopefully that will help my appetite!

I wanted to say thank you to everyone who responded to my post. It really helped a lot to read these. I realized a couple of things today...

1. I really need to track my food because I have no idea how many cal's I am getting. I know in the beginning (like weeks 4-5) I was getting about 600 cals. I don't think that I am that low any more now...But thats just the thing...I have no idea. So, I will try and track again to see if I am close to where I should be calorie wise.

2. I am not alone in this. THANKS TO YOU GUYS! I don't know anyone in real life who is banded so this board is sooo helpful!

I wish I had the time to write something to everyone, but I hope you know I really appreciate you all!

I've been exactly where you are!! I found out what I could eat vs. what I thought I could eat. I was also afraid to get my first fill because I felt "comfortable" eating the things I liked and didn't want that to go away.

I knew when I could eat a 12" sub from Subway it was time for a fill. It was the BEST thing I've done for myself by far in my lap band journey thus far. I have better (perfect I think) restriction and am still able to eat the foods I like (the goods ones). I think I hit my "sweet spot" on my first fill and have lost nearly 10lbs since then. Don't worry, fills are good.

And GREAT JOB for coming and and "fessing up". By doing that you know you can get "back on the wagon" and release the guilt. We've all done it and will likely do it again. It's not how we fall that defines us, it's how we get up!:confused: