Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just need to vent at how slow this process is.

I've been having a similar problem, but as everyone else before me has said, slower is better. It's definitely true. NiteRun had the suggestion which is what I do when I'm feeling down on myself... Try on something old you couldn't fit in 28lbs ago. I don't weigh myself between doctor's visits, and I know in my head I'm smaller, but not necessarily in my eyes or in the mirror. However, I fit into a pair of pants I bought for a work interview 3.5 years ago, and THAT tells me that I'm doing well. I was doing that before I signed on here, just trying on old clothes. It's like a new wardrobe, but you don't have to pay for it.

Also, like people before me mentioned, don't listen to anyone else's opinion of you. As I say to people sometimes, "When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you." You are in a big transition in your life and you should only be surrounding yourself with people who are supportive! I told no one outside my parents, sister, and boss about my surgery. I only told my boss because I needed 2 weeks off for it. It is no one else's business because I am doing this for myself. People have noticed the weight loss, and I chalk it up to a New Years' resolution. I'm not ashamed of the band or embarrassed about the surgery, but when it comes down to it my body is no one else's business. Neither is yours. I have drifted away from some people recently that I realized weren't healthy presences in my life. When a person frustrates you and makes you want to eat, or someone judges the way you look, then they are not conducive to a healthy you. Coworkers are tougher because you probably see them more than anyone else, but if you need pointers I can help you perfect my "death stare."

Best of luck, though it already sounds like you're giving everything your best!

hey dont let anyone knock you down, you have done awesome, you have lost not gained & you are doing what the band is supose to be doing, the reason the other people are prob like that towards you is because they dont know exactly how the band is supose to work?

Hi Debbie,

I noticed that without any fill to your band, in just two months, you've lost 54 pounds. How did you do that? I've done my surgery for a week. I only lost 6 pounds in this week. I have only been drinking Protein shakes and fat free milk, eating popsicles this week. I don't why I am not losing more like other people do.

When I ever I start to feel frustrated about my weight loss I go to the pet section of Wal-mart. I know this sounds corny, but truly it is what I do :). When I start to think that my weight loss is going too slow or that I have not lost enough I hit the pet food isle. The first time this happened was when I hit 30 lbs. I went to Walmart to find a sack of pet food that weighed 30 lbs. I found a bag of Tidy Cat that was exactly 30 lbs and when I lifted it I thought, "WOW 30 lbs is a lot!!" So now when ever I think about how slow the process is, I go to the pet food isle and started lifting bags and realize that the weight that is coming off is really a lot, even though it might not SOUND like a lot!!!

It has taken some time, but now I know that any loss is good loss....no matter how long it takes! I did not gain all of my weight in a short period of time, so why do I expect it to come off so quickly? I REALLY had to change my mindset!! I have several friends that have had bariatric surgery, but they all had BP. So for the longest time I was comparing myself to them, and that is just not a reasonable comparison! I know that now.