Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm SO excited, and just HAVE to share..I stepped out of Lane Bryant 4 the LAST time!

i hear ya...i remember when i moved 2 sizes down...my mom kept telling me to stop buying so much since I was going to keep losing...i didn't listen to her and now i am upset that some clothes are too big...never in a million years did i think i would've had that problem. I went from a size 18/20 to 8/10.

Congrats1

Congrats to you. I too am looking forward to the days when I can shop in a "regular" store. My husband is always joking that he is going to have to buy size 2 clothes. Mind you, he knows nothing about shopping but what a dream that would be. I didn't wear a size 2 when I was 12. Keep up the good work. Can't wait until I can post the same news. My band date is 3/24/09.

That is the GREATEST!!!

I feel on top of the world every single time I walk past a My Size store these days (our major plus size). You can dress for every occasion so much easier with so much more choice and for SO much less money once you can shop anywhere.

Congratulations . . . that is awesome!!!

I was so happy to reach that point as well. I remember a time when Lane Bryant was my favorite because not everything looked matronly . . . but being able to shop in the misses section of most stores, or just being able to fit in things flatteringly off the rack is truly the best feeling in the world.

Hay Colorado,

Congrats! I know what you mean. I was banded on Jan. 16, 2009 and have lost 30 pounds as of yesterday. I have dropped 2 sizes, down to an 18 YES!!! I almost started to cry, have been heavy for a long time. I went through my clothes to give to cosignment shop this week! Then I will look for some "new" clothes there and wait to buy NEW when I take more weight off...

That is incredible! Congratulations to you! I can not wait for the day that happens to me. I started out as a size 28, and now just getting into size 16s. Its amazing the little things that happen you realize the weight caused. I hardly ever could fit into a booth in a restaurant, now theres at least 8-9 inches between me and the table. When I would go for a check up the nurse always had to go out of the room to get the large blood pressure cuff.....now they can use the regular sized one on me, I had to move up my car seat as my belly wasnt taking up all the room and rubbing on the steering wheel anymore....I ran into 2 people I had not seen for a few months, and they did not recognize me at first. I can't wait for the day I don't have to shop at lane bryant or cj banks.

Edited by Rteest
typos

This was an encouraging post to read. Thank you for sharing. Like many of you have already stated, I am looking forward to the day when I can wear my smaller clothes. I too recently passed by Lane Bryant and stated to my husband that I don't have to shop there again. With my band, I now believe this because I have said it in the past and had to "eat" my words when I gained the weight back!

KUTGW because we are so...worth it!

Congrats!! We were banded the same day. You look like you're doing great! I've already dropped from a 20 to a 14. Feels good, doesn't it? :lol:

Way to go, Colorado! You should feel great about this, you've worked hard for it! I am a new lab-band-ee, and I too look forward to shopping at the "normal" woman's store. Lane Bryant has been my saving grace for so long. Congrats again!!

Mini-update...

So I went out yesterday (Sunday) to an outdoor type mall near our house. There was a CJ Banks there, and I had never been in one before. On the window it stated "Women's sizes 14 & up." You know what my first thought was??? I looked at the 14 and thought, yeah I can do that :scared2: I did not look or even so much notice the "and up" just the 14 and felt confident it would fit.

So I went in and looked at the clothes, they were nicer than Lane Bryant and much better store..anyway...I digress. I looked at their clothes and their tops were sized...X..1X..2X..3X

I took a shot at the size X...and you guessed it..It FIT! Can you believe I'm not even in a 1X anymore..OMG.:scared2:

Then I tried on some 14 & 16's in pants (NO the 14's didn't fit, and the 16's did, but I'm happy with that!). I didn't buy a thing..LMAO!! Just trying it on was all I needed. Just wanted to share :rolleyes2:

Way to go, CObanding! I was banded the same day as you and NurseMelly. I'm not quite down to a 14 yet, due to my large waist, but I'm wearing 16 pants right now ... snug around the waist, but not to the point where they're uncomfortable. I blow silent raspberries to Lane Bryant every time I pass them in the mall now!