Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I just weird.....got banded Wed, 3/4...

I have read a lot of posts over the last couple of days and I am just wondering if I am weird or something. For one thing, the day I got home from surgery, I didn't do anything but sleep and get up for maybe a few minutes, sip on a Protein Drink and then go back to sleep and start the whole cycle all over again. Soreness, has not really been too bad for me, but feeling just run down and getting major headaches and stomach growling non-stop has been my last few days. Am I doing something wrong? :)

Sounds pretty normal to me. Its really been just this week that I have really felt back to normal. Give yourself time to feel better. It will happen.

your recovering, it sounds normal to me too.. your sleeping because your body is trying to recover, give yourself a few days you will see a difference, congrats on your banding :)

I was also banded on the 4th also. I'm feeling the same way as you. I did not have much pain and I tryed to keep moving to help with the gas. Thursday I slept almost all day. Friday I took my dog for a short walk and had to take a nap. I'm taking it easy, yesterday I cleaned my bathroom and rested, dusted my house, rested and cleaned the kitchen and rested again. I think now is the time to heal.

I was banded on Feb 24th. I went through terrible pain for the first 36 hours. Then I got much better very rapidly. Don't forget that it is major surgery. Even if you feel like you can physically do a lot- don't. Just like the old days of open surgery, you have to be careful about lifting and carrying anything over 5 pounds. I know it's hard when you feel like you can.

I was also banded on 3-4. I think what you said is normal. I have been taking it easy not wanting to over do it. I have been weak and sore but not as bad as I thought it would be. I am really not hungry at all. I have to make myself eat and drink because I know I have to to heal. Hopefully you are getting better each day I know I am. Good Luck it will all be worth it in the end.

That wasn't my experience but some feel more pain etc. I tried from the very start to walk and "act normal" because I know that more walking (and sitting upright, if not moving) helps you recover more quickly. It's important to not overdo, but being TOO sedentary can put you at risk for clots and embolisms. Just move as much as you can, get your Water in (more important than Protein at this stage) and it will get better.

I was banded on 3-4 also, and today has been the best day so far. I am still having port (dull) pain when i bend or sit a weird way. Also the gas pain comes and goes but when i have it it is horrible.. Any ideas how long this gas pain will last?

I thought I was the only one felling like something was wrong with me. I was banded on 3/4 also and now I'm starting to feel hungry at times. My doctor has a strict order of only plain tea, Water or diluted apple juice. I'm so happy my follow-up is tomorrow. I hope he advances me to Protein Shakes. I can't believe I'm craving those damn shakes!! My weight on the 4th was 257.8lbs. now I'm 249lbs. What's up with that? Is that a normal pace for weight loss?:confused:

Thanks everyone! I feel so much better now that I know I am not the only one kinda feeling rundown. I just got done going to get shorts for my son for his PE Program, ran by the library so he could get some books, got groceries, cooked Breakfast for son and husband for the week and lunches for my husband for the week (who, unfortunately, is sick right now :confused:) and I am pooped, but feel good that I just got it all done and didn't take five hours doing it... I am probably going to hit the sack real soon.

Thanks again, Michele

I thought I was the only one felling like something was wrong with me. I was banded on 3/4 also and now I'm starting to feel hungry at times. My doctor has a strict order of only plain tea, Water or diluted apple juice. I'm so happy my follow-up is tomorrow. I hope he advances me to Protein shakes. I can't believe I'm craving those damn shakes!! My weight on the 4th was 257.8lbs. now I'm 249lbs. What's up with that? Is that a normal pace for weight loss?:)

moni75, I weighed 254 on the 4th and I am at 240. I know it won't keep up, but I will sure take the jump start. :confused:

I also was banded 3-4-09. I finally ate some chili that I blended up. and it went down real good. I felt like I was starving on day 3. That really stopped some of the growling in my belly. But I have been having gas and the sqirts. Has anybody else been experienceing this? Each day has been getting better with the diarrea.

I'm really shocked you get to eat chili so soon, Shellb! Docs must be really loosening up for some of you. That's great. I didn't even get Protein Shakes until week 2, let alone chili (blended or not).