Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, everyone ! I'm having my surgery 04-06. Kinda nervous but also excited about my new life! :) Anyone out there that needs a buddy, drop me a line!

Hi, everyone ! I'm having my surgery 04-06. Kinda nervous but also excited about my new life! :thumbup: Anyone out there that needs a buddy, drop me a line!

Hi

for sure, we'll be buds...I am having surgery April 1st and feeling the same way.

I'm also having surgery April 6th! I was scheduled for April 14th but got a call this afternoon and they bumped me up to April 6th. WOOHOO!

Yay for us! Only 27 days left...that sounds like nothin'. :thumbup:

I'm also having surgery April 6th! I was scheduled for April 14th but got a call this afternoon and they bumped me up to April 6th. WOOHOO!

Yay for us! Only 27 days left...that sounds like nothin'. :thumbup:

congrats on being bumped up.

Hey You Guys !! So glad to see someonelse is going to go thru the same thing on the same day !! I guess it's true, misery does love company! My Dr. makes his people lose 10 lbs. before he will do surgery and I'm down 5 lbs, and we have to keep it off until our surgery date. The 1st 3 days were AWFUL! The headaches , being hungry, and couldn't sleep but doing better now!

Thanks on the congrats, Crimson! I'm super happy about it too. I had my pre-op classes today from 8-12 and then met with my surgeon for my final appt before surgery. It all seems SO real now!

WOW! Only 10 lbs!? That would've been nice...I would've had surgery a couple months ago if that was my situation. Kaiser has us lost 10% so I had to lose about 30 lbs and am now down to about 37 and am feeling SO much better already, I can't imagine what another 80-90 down will feel like. :w00t:

Thanks on the congrats, Crimson! I'm super happy about it too. I had my pre-op classes today from 8-12 and then met with my surgeon for my final appt before surgery. It all seems SO real now!

WOW! Only 10 lbs!? That would've been nice...I would've had surgery a couple months ago if that was my situation. Kaiser has us lost 10% so I had to lose about 30 lbs and am now down to about 37 and am feeling SO much better already, I can't imagine what another 80-90 down will feel like. :scared2:

Swishbc,

I read in a post once about people being upset about loosing an average of 1 pound a week.They said to take 1 pound of fat and put it in a skillet and melt it and thats what a pound of fat looks like. Just imagine if we take that 100 pounds we've lost and melted it what that would look like. It's gonna take some time but it is gonna be so worth it. Keep up the good work and keep us posted on your journey.

Greg

My pre-op is only 3% of weight - in my case 4-5kgish - apparently the main thing is the liver shrinkage as they have to lift it during the operation. I wonder if a lot of these long term and big weight loss pre-ops are because of trying to qualify for Insurance?

I don't know if it the insurance or not but your right about the shrinkage of the liver. Anyway 3 more wks to go! I've been in this process since Aug.08 and now it's finally coming to an end!! HURRAY!!!!

Congratulations! I'm also having surgery on April 6. Let's make sure to stay in contact because I would love to have a buddy.

Swishbc,

I read in a post once about people being upset about loosing an average of 1 pound a week.They said to take 1 pound of fat and put it in a skillet and melt it and thats what a pound of fat looks like. Just imagine if we take that 100 pounds we've lost and melted it what that would look like. It's gonna take some time but it is gonna be so worth it. Keep up the good work and keep us posted on your journey.

Greg

I think we could envision a big deep fat fryer instead of a skillet. ha ha ha

hey happy to be your band buddy, banded April 6th 2 weeks post op, going back to work tomorrow, still on liquids...

canadian grrrl