Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help, It has been a week and a half since I had my first fill. I have a 10cc band which had 3cc's in it at surgery time, then a total of 5cc's after first fill. I have less ristriction now it seems then before the fill. Is this normal, I haven't gained any weight, but have stopped losing. How long should I wait to see if this fill is working or should I schedule another fill?

Any info would be great...

Pre-op diet started 12/25/08 weight 304

Surgery Jan 8, 2009 weight 287

First fill total 5cc 02/20/09 weight 269

Today March 4,2009 weight 268

I am told to wait a week.If you are eating too much, not staying full between meals and not losing then I would schedule another visit with your surgeon.

Did you do the 2 day liquid and 2 day mushy after fill? This usually set the band again. Sorta like starting from the beginning again. You may want to start tracking your daily consumption, (everything you eat). What about your exercising? What about drinking plenty of SF & Decaf, liquids 80 oz day. Are you waiting min 30 minutes after your meal before drinking? All of these are questions yourdr will ask you when you stop losing wt. Also remember that your body has to readjust as you lose wt. For me it was about every 15-20 lbs I would go about 1 week and not lose anything, I would keep up the daily exercising and finally the scal ewould move and then continue. Good luck! I have 9.0 cc in a 10cc band, 14 months out. Eat very little1/2 to 1 cup it last a good while before I get hungry again. Tight till after lunch. So I am good right here , right now. It will probably last for a while. hoo ray!!:blush:

Thanks for the info. I exercise for 30 min. every day at least. I don't drink a half hour before eating or usually an hour after eating. I did not do two days of liquids and mushies after my fill, the Dr. told me just to do liquids the first day then back to normal food the next day.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches