Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Need HELP! Too Tight.

Back in December my doctor and I discovered I possibly had a leak in my port. We waited a couple of months to see exactly how much Fluid I was leaking and finally decided to replace my port on February 17th. My doctor only left 5.5 in my band but after 2 days of liquids and 2 of soft foods I could eat whatever I wanted to eat. I called the office and scheduled a fill for Thursday (2/26). After several attempts at finding my port he put me under flo and discovered my brand new port had flipped :( but after pushing and pulling and maipulating my body he was able to give me a fill. He took me up to 6.2...I have been as high as 6.8 so we both did not see this being a problem. We were both very wrong. I was able to drink Water when I left the office and drank a smoothie on the way home (I was in some pain from all of the pushing and have some bruising so I did not go to work). That night I had some problems drinking a smoothie but just thought that my system is just a bit swollen and irritated (I did just have surgery last week and then the difficulties getting the fill). I woke up a couple of times coughing but did not think much of it. The next morning I got my usual Frap took a couple of small sips and threw up all over myself on my ride to work. I called my boss and told her I would be working from home and explained the situation to her. I went home and threw up a few more times and e-mail the doctors office (I did not want to be too much of a pain) after several e-mails back and forth the patient advocate told me to wait 4-6 hours and try to sip warm tea that my body is swollen and my stomach is irritated. I waited slipped and threw up...and have thrown up several time since. My husband contacted her last night via phone and she told him to tell me not to try anything until this morning....same song and dance. I am completely miserable, I have called the doctor's voice mail and left a message and hope he will call back soon.

Any suggestion please???

It sounds like you need an emergency unfill and soon. You probably will not feel much better until you have one.

One thing you can do, although speak to your doctor first to get approval, is take a dose of children's liquid motrin which will reduce your stomach irritation and swelling. My fill doctor has had me do this before during an emergency tightness and swelling incident and it definitely helps. However, you don't want to take it too long and this medicine is usually on the do not take list for bandsters.

Good luck. I hope you find a little relief soon.

Thank you for your help. My doctor called me back and met up with me at one of the hospitals he works out of late Saturday afternoon. Even with all of my issues of late I think he is one of the best. He is so attentive to his patients needs.

Thank you,

Amy

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches