Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Another fill today and a question....much tighter...

My dr did another fill on me today. My last fill was last Monday, 2 cc. He did 2 cc today as well. They had me drink Water before I left and I felt a difference, much tighter. He also had me drink another glass of water before I left the hospital (thats where his dr office is) to make sure the adjustment was ok. So I was eating dinner at my mother's tonight and I noticed that I was really full off my food (yay)! I didnt take much. But my question is, when I started eating, I was chewing really well (carrots that were mushy) and when they were going "down" I almost got like a "heart-burn" type feeling for a few mins while eating. Does this mean I am eating too fast? I did slow down as I ate more and ate the pork chops after the veggies in case the meat was too rough but the meat went down fine, as my salad did too. Or does this mean the band might be too tight? Just wondering? :) I now have 8 cc in a 14 cc band.

And mention to add about my other post about having 6 cc with no restriction, my dr said that yes, the band size does play a role in how quickly you can feel restriction with some patients.

This is something I have noticed at times when I am tight too - food can "burn". It has always happened to me in the week or two after a fill, just enough to make me feel like Ooh, am I just a bit too tight? But it always settles within a week or so.

If you've eaten pork chops, vegies and salad without any more problem than that, then you're not likely to be too tight.

If you get that burning every single time you eat and its really bothering you and it doesnt settle within a couple of weeks, then speak to your doc about it, but I dont think its anything to really worry about just now as you are probably a little swollen and irritated from the fill.

Certain foods do it to me long term though - potato chips, ugh. They really hurt to eat, donuts too. Not that I need either of those foods!

I have wondered that also. I sometimes get like a stuck feeling when I eat my first 2 bites. Like I can feel it going thru the band. But then it goes away. Is this normal? Has anyone else have this happen?

I had a fill today and im on liquids for 2 days... you get to eat solids the same day as your fill?

Yes, the first bite syndrome is very common and seems to happen most in the first year. I used to suffer a lot from it and DH did too, but for both of us it has passed now.

I just used to start my meals VERY slowly with TINY bites, then sit and wait a bit for it to pass, then carry on.

Nobody really knows what it is, my doc reckons about 80% of his patients have it in the first year.

I am surprised that you got 2 fills just one week apart and that you are able to eat solids the night of your fill - hey - good for you. When I get that burning feeling in my chest, I know that I have either taken too big of a bite, not chewed well enough, or not waited long enough between bites. If I don't slow down when I get that feeling, I will PB. I do agree, if you can eat pork chops and veggies, then you are probably not too tight. But, sometimes the restriction you feel from a fill doesn't happen right away - it can be days, or even weeks later. Good luck to you and take care!! Becky

I am with the poster above...one week apart isn't much time between fills I am surprised but then again I don't have the medical degree.....some fills can take weeks to kick in. Be very careful because this could happen........

I also have to do clears the day of fill, full liquids for the second day, then mushies for two then regular food.......

You do have to listen to your surgeon though but this is your body, your band listen to your body as well.

Good luck!

I have been getting fill once a week as well. Why wait? I also don't get tighter as time goes by I get much loser. So waiting 2 weeks would not make it tighter. I guess everyone is different.

I have been getting fill once a week as well. Why wait? I also don't get tighter as time goes by I get much loser. So waiting 2 weeks would not make it tighter. I guess everyone is different.

After a fill my dr sees you back in 1 week. If you are not doing well, he fills you again. If you are doing well, then he leaves you alone. I am the same way with my band, it loosens over time. My first fill was fine for 2-3 weeks then one day it was just "loose" feeling. 2nd fill did nothing. This 3rd fill has made a world of difference for me. I feel like a new person! :smile: