Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yet another pregnant bander

Hi everyone. My name is Kris and I just found out that I am pregnant.

I have been banded for a little more than 5 months when I got knocked up. I can't say that I was "trying" it was more like if it happens it happens. I only adopted that philosophy for the month before my husband deploys (he is Air Force and leaving on a six month deployment in a few days) because it was the only way we could insure that he could be here for the birth.

I honestly didn't think I would get pregnant so soon after going off the pill, and figured that if I did get pregnant without actively trying that it was meant to be.

I called my band doctor last week and he said he didn't see any reason for me to be unfilled unless I was having problems eating or throwing up, neither which I am having. I spoke to my OBGYN and he said he didn't see a problem with me continuing to lose weight through the pregnancy as long as the baby was doing fine and I wasn't losing loads.

I have an appointment next week with my band doc and will probably request that he remove some of my fill so I can eat a bit more... but not too sure about it.

I don't mind not losing for the next 8 months, I just would like to not gain too much either. But, in the end the goal is to have a healthy baby.

I look forward to learning more about your pregnancies too.

Kris

Congratulations!

If I hadn't been so tight in the beginning, I wouldn't have had the unfill. I have gained quite a bit during pregnancy (boo), but I plan to tighten up and lose it when I've had the baby.

I only had a small unfill too, so I can't imagine being completely unfilled how much I would have been gaining.

My doc is so far away and it would be my luck I go get it filled back (now that the original super tightness is gone), and I'd get too tight again at some point and have to go back & forth more toward the end.. so I'm just riding it out.

Thanks for the congrats Laura.

I have my first OBGYN appointment this afternoon and look forward to seeing what he says. I do not want to put my baby at any risk, but this month I have lost 9 pounds without really trying much... I know I have been eating more carbs than usual and have been snacking between meals.

I also have an appointment with my band doctor next week and will discuss taking out the last fill he put in at the beginning of this month.

What are you using as a prenatal Vitamin? Is there a smaller or liquid Vitamin?

Thanks,

Kris

My doc has me on Prenate DHA.. It's a big horse capsule, so early on I tried some chewables (yuck), and I had a sample pack of the Prenate DHA, so I tried the horse capsule.. didn't get stuck, and to date has not gotten stuck..so that's what I use.

Hey Kris,

I just found out yesterday that I am pregnant too. Geez it is so werid to type that! I took four pregnancy tests and ALL were positive! It was a TOTAL surprise. We weren't trying at all, but we must have done something right! :thumbup: I noticed that you were banded within days of when I was banded... funny isn't it? People should be extra careful when they've been banded for about six months! LOL!

I have a lot of mixed emotions. Honestly, I'm not happy (yet) I hope to be soon. I just really wanted to loose this weight and you know during the first year is when you can really knock it out! It gave me hope to see that your doc said that you didn't have to have an unfill. I see my doc next week. Am I horrible for not being overjoyed and happy? I mean, sometimes I get excited and happy about it, but then I'm frustrated and scared! I'm on a total roller coaster ride! Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I'm here if you ever need to talk! Congrats to you! :tt2:

Hi everyone. My name is Kris and I just found out that I am pregnant.

I have been banded for a little more than 5 months when I got knocked up. I can't say that I was "trying" it was more like if it happens it happens. I only adopted that philosophy for the month before my husband deploys (he is Air Force and leaving on a six month deployment in a few days) because it was the only way we could insure that he could be here for the birth.

I honestly didn't think I would get pregnant so soon after going off the pill, and figured that if I did get pregnant without actively trying that it was meant to be.

I called my band doctor last week and he said he didn't see any reason for me to be unfilled unless I was having problems eating or throwing up, neither which I am having. I spoke to my OBGYN and he said he didn't see a problem with me continuing to lose weight through the pregnancy as long as the baby was doing fine and I wasn't losing loads.

I have an appointment next week with my band doc and will probably request that he remove some of my fill so I can eat a bit more... but not too sure about it.

I don't mind not losing for the next 8 months, I just would like to not gain too much either. But, in the end the goal is to have a healthy baby.

I look forward to learning more about your pregnancies too.

Kris

I wasn't happy right away either.. I was so shocked/scared for a while.. I honestly don't think the excitement and happiness hit me until 20 week ultrasound (when I could watch him move, and know it's a HIM) and some reason I felt like I wasn't going to lose him. I went straight from shock/scared to worried about miscarriage and getting attached. Then around 20 weeks that faded to the background behind the excitement.

Now I can't wait!!!

Oh my goodness! I'm happy to have found this thread. I just found out yesterday that I am pregnant with my first child as well. At 30 years old I didn't think it'd be quite so easy. I just went off birth control last month. Anyhow, I'm at my goal weight and have even had a Tummy Tuck (which I knew I'd have to say goodbye to one day), but I wonder how much of an unfill to get. Any ideas????

Don't get an unfill unless/until you need it!

I got one because I was super tight in the beginning, and I've gained the most out of all the preggo banders that have reported.. oof.

I can't wait to get it filled back up--they only took .5cc out too.

And Congrats!

Don't get an unfill unless/until you need it!

I got one because I was super tight in the beginning, and I've gained the most out of all the preggo banders that have reported.. oof.

I can't wait to get it filled back up--they only took .5cc out too.

And Congrats!

My only worry is that I'm already a bit too tight. I have to choke most everything down and I'm starting to get indigestion every night now. Is that just part of being pregnant????

Choking things down is part of too tight, guess you're in my boat and need the slight unfill.

I didn't get the pregnancy heartburn till 3-4 months in, but if you're choking things down I'd relate that to the band.

Congrats to all of you new preggo's!!! Welcome to our happy group :0) I can't wait to hear updates on how you are all doing.

I ended up getting a couple of emergency unfills due to extreme tightness and my band is now completely empty. However, if it is not bothering you, I wouldn't consider having any Fluid removed if you can keep it in comfortably.

Hey all.. im 28 weeks pregnant. had a unfill 3 weeks ago and have put on 3 kg (6.6lb) i was 109.9kg(242.2lb) when i first got pregnant, got down to 105kg (231.4lb) im in australia and they like to compleatly unfill u at 6 months i wish i had a little bit more in my band than nothing as i dont wanna undo all the hard work i have done... before banding i was 136kg (299.8lb) so have lost a bit before falling pregnant..