Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

11yr old boy murders dads pregnant girlfriend

This is a crazy sad story. How on earth would a child get the mind set to take another life, actually two lives, since the woman was pregnant with his half sibling.

I read in the paper that this kid had a gun that was made for a kid. I am sure his dad took him hunting and stuff, but man this is just a bizarre sad story. :-(

This happened not too far from where I live (about 60 miles) so it is all over our papers. Apparently this boy was very jealous of his dad's relationship with this woman. Prior to his involvement with her, it was just his dad and him. Enter the girlfriend and her two daughters who moved in - and he didn't deal well with it. Her family said she made a huge effort to win him over. It was also revealed that he told a cousin he was going to kill her and her daughters but no one took him seriously. Where have we heard that before? And the dad buys an 11 year old his own gun. Hunting here is elevated to a sacrament. They are zealots. Male hunters can't wait to take their sons out there to kill something. So, the kid knew about guns, knew what they could do, and knew how to use it. Of course his dad and family says it was an accident. Yeah, you shoot someone in the back of the head and then board the bus to school with the woman's daughter (who heard the boom and asked him what happened and he didn't answer so off the two of them went to board the bus) - and that is an accident?

In our state he has to be tried as an adult. It's all very sad.

Hunting here is elevated to a sacrament. They are zealots. Male hunters can't wait to take their sons out there to kill something. So, the kid knew about guns, knew what they could do, and knew how to use it. Of course his dad and family says it was an accident.

hunting in TX is a right of passage as well.

i place blame on dad in this case. there is nothing wrong teaching your child how to hunt (if we had children - they too would learn). gun ownership/safety/training is the parents responsibility.

why was an 11yr old boy able to have access to this gun? i get it was a christmas gift - but that puppy should have been locked in a gun safe w/the combination only in dad's trusty memory bank. how can you expect an 11yr old to understand safety if dad doesn't practice the same?

dh and i have many guns, i have a CHL in the state of TX. we twice a yr get re certified & hit the gun range. even w/no kids our guns are in a gun safe which is bolted to the concrete floors, and each in their own locked casing. we have a lone shotgun handy - should we need it (we are on a ranch & coyotes are a problem).

i fault dad....his son, his decision to make the purchase, his responsibilty to have that in a secured place out of reach of children in every day life.

OMG! Did he really board the school bus with one of the daughtes and then go to school? That is just crazy!

hunting in TX is a right of passage as well.

i place blame on dad in this case. there is nothing wrong teaching your child how to hunt (if we had children - they too would learn). gun ownership/safety/training is the parents responsibility.

why was an 11yr old boy able to have access to this gun? i get it was a christmas gift - but that puppy should have been locked in a gun safe w/the combination only in dad's trusty memory bank. how can you expect an 11yr old to understand safety if dad doesn't practice the same?

dh and i have many guns, i have a CHL in the state of TX. we twice a yr get re certified & hit the gun range. even w/no kids our guns are in a gun safe which is bolted to the concrete floors, and each in their own locked casing. we have a lone shotgun handy - should we need it (we are on a ranch & coyotes are a problem).

i fault dad....his son, his decision to make the purchase, his responsibilty to have that in a secured place out of reach of children in every day life.

Lu, y'all recert twice a year? Damn, y'all do like going out to the range, lol.

Yes, he went in the bedroom and shot the woman in the back of the head. I don't know where the 4 year old daughter was at this point, but the 9 year old daughter came out of her room and asked the boy about the loud boom and he didn't answer so they went downstairs and boarded the bus outside the home (in rural area) and the two of them went off to school. The 4 year old daughter found her mom and went outside running and there were some workers there (utility workers or something) who she told and then the police were called.