Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Lap Band Buddy / Mentor someone to help and encourage through this journey!

I'm supposed to have Lap Band surgery Mon July 20th but now, I'm not so sure I can go through with it. I have a lot of things going I'm trying to buy a new home and I'm stressed about it taking so long. Maybe this isn't right time for me. I need encouragement.

I bet that was LOTS of fun! a crash right in front of you...wow! i bet the crowd went nuts!

that is awesome that you were able to lose while gone! isn't that amazing! no way we would have done that before the band!

I'm working on uploading my pics....it's scary! i still can't believe my size and that i thought for a half a second that maybe i DIDN'T need to do this....i should have done it a LOT sooner!

I am down another pound. 47 pounds gone.... so close to 50 but i seem to be slowing down. of course with all the snacking and junk that has been around the house....I only have MYSELF to blame for eating the way i have. today, i am doing liquids. my Protein shakes (carnation essentials with egg whites for added protien). I need to get myself out of this rut. i wasn't even craving junk anymore, but now that i have let myself eat it, i want ONLY that.

on to NSV....i had hubby get down the box of clothes that was put in the attic when we moved since i was pregnant at the time and figured i would not fit in them for a while....then the 2nd pregnancy...and now the 'baby' is almost 2 and i have no excuse to still have 'baby' weight. it was labeled 'clothes i won't fit into for a very long time' box.

it had a mix of sizes from 8's down to 4's....the 8's ALL FIT!!!!! i was SO excited that i went through my closet and tried on pants.... my 8's fit! i even had a pair of 6's fit! (ok, it's old navy and for me, old navy runs big because when i bought that pair of pants, all the rest of my jeans were 8's)...but OMG did that feel GREAT!!

of course, it didn't stop me from shoveling the crap into my mouth!

I'm joining a running club with my neighbor this weekend. I hope this boost my motivation, beats my slowdown of weight and makes me stop and think before putting the junk into my mouth!!!!

ok, the pics are on my computer...i'm going figure out how to upload them to the site.....shield your eyes...it's NOT a pretty site!

ACK!~

Sooo excited for you!!!! Not only are you losing super fast you are in a size 8/6 girl you friggin rock! You are doing so amazing! I eat junk too, I can't help myself.. cheetos are the only "carbs" I eat lol. I wish I could join a running club that sounds so fun! As long as you excercize you can have some junk :thumbup: I can hardly wait to see the pics.. now you can see my nakey ones rofl

I'm supposed to have Lap Band surgery Mon July 20th but now, I'm not so sure I can go through with it. I have a lot of things going I'm trying to buy a new home and I'm stressed about it taking so long. Maybe this isn't right time for me. I need encouragement.

Hey there.. you know honestly it's like having a baby.. there's never a perfect time.. just jump right in. I believe you won't be sorry.. I am a little over a year out and 1 pound away from goal. :thumbup: You can do this and what a great beginning... a new home and a new you. I hope that helps! :thumbup:)

I decided bot have the surgery. I don't feel I'm ready for it.

Sooo excited for you!!!! Not only are you losing super fast you are in a size 8/6 girl you friggin rock! You are doing so amazing! I eat junk too, I can't help myself.. cheetos are the only "carbs" I eat lol. I wish I could join a running club that sounds so fun! As long as you excercize you can have some junk :thumbup: I can hardly wait to see the pics.. now you can see my nakey ones rofl

thanks! you know how it is though. when it slows, you want it to go so much faster! I really need to get back to my eating healthy again!

funny thing, i haven't had a fill since April 23, and i'm so tight today that i have to really make sure i take even liquids (i'm doing protien shakes all day (and water) to snap myself out of this snacking/junk food trend i have started) SUPER slow... i felt like i was going to start sliming on Water earlier today!!

My period just ended yesterday, so i would have thought i would have been tight right before or DURING that time...but NOPE. TODAY, the day after it stopped! strange!:thumbup:

i don't know if i have to do anything to let you see...after my goof-up today.

let me know if i do!!

If you hav enot already canceled your surgery, i would go through with it!

I think we all doubted doing it before, and even AFTER we did it (the first week ...and the during bandster hell). I did, and now.... i wish i had done it sooner!

the night before surgery i looked at my before pics because i was rethinking going through with it. I was never so sure of needing to do something about my health!

good luck!

I got my pics up, and it made me realize i need to not delete any pics that someone happens to snap of me ( i didn't have many from surgery to now! I'm always behind the camera and hide from it the rest of the time!).

I ended up calling the Dr. because of being tight. it did losen some though. I was able to eat turkey chili yesterday and had my shakes just fine. i was only able to eat less than a 1/2 cup at a time but they said that was fine. i question it because only eating that much and only eating 3 times a day, there is NO WAY of getting the calories they recommend in. although, i'm not hungry if i drink Water in between. yesterday, i also added a protien drink in between because i would have had less than 500 calories!

I'm doing MUCH better with the snacking (NOT doing it!). it had gotten way out of hand, and i cannot let myself do that!

since my period stopped, i have had a Migraine EVERYDAY! boo hoo.... i even went to my regular Dr.'s office yesterday to let them take my blood pressure JUST incase that was the problem. it was fine, a tiny bit elevated for me, but the migraine probably was the cause. I pray it doesn't come back today.

we are going out of town Sunday night. Spending the night at my parents, spending Monday with a friend of mine that lives out of state but is coming into town to visit her family. i haven't seen her since i was preggo with the littlest one (he's almost 2 now). we will leave the littles with my parents, the older boys will go to thier dads, and hubby and i are going spend the night in New Orleans...alone! WOO HOO! we are staying right next to CHEESECAKE BISTRO! YUMMY! i told hubby i will order a piece of cheesecake as soon as we get there since it will probably take me 2 days to eat ONE piece! LOL we will be doing lots of walking, so i'll walk it off, not concerned about that! i also checked for a curves and while hubby does a webinar, i will go work out (if i can get to the curves without getting lost or scared to walk N.O. alone! LOL)

yesterday hubby ordered me 2 bikinis from VICTORIA SECRET! they were having a clearance sale on them, plus i had a code for more off, so they were SUPER CHEAP! he was going to get 3 but by the time we went back to order them, they had sold out of the top on one of them. I went with Medium (i find they run small) knowing right now it's NOT going to fit. My plan is when i go for my consult with the PS, i will have a guide of where i want my scar to fall (hiding it under a swimsuit will be my goal). we have a boat, and i dream of the day to wear a bikin PROUDLY riding out on the front of the boat, without worrying about hiding when we passed other people (some skinny minny 20 something year old!) watch out cause next summer i WILL be sitting out on the front of our boat in my itty bitty bikini catching some sun!

and last but NOT LEAST.....i have lost FIFTY POUNDS! i had hoped by the 5th month to lose 50, and i did it already!

2 pounds to get to the 130's

18 pounds to have a normal BMI-no longer overweight

21 pounds to get to my goal

then i will see how much more i want to lose.

i will make my PS consult when i get to 120. that will give me a few months to lose more if i want to or the surgeon thinks the results will be better!

Edited by wannabthinagain

50 POUNDS GONE WOOO HOOO

Congrats that is so awesome! I hope you have a blast on your mini vaca! I don't worry about the calories at all, I found at the beginning i was to focused on them and needed to stop focusing on food. lately i have been eating between 300-800 calories a day. I feel great so whatever lol.

So today I met with Dr. Passaretti out of Darien, CT which is about 2 hours from my house. I LOVED him! I am definetly going with him and I have booked my surgery for December 14!! After meeting with him and discussing the lower body lift versus an advanced Tummy Tuck with mons lift, he convinced me I didn't need a lower body lift. He said the back of me isn't saggy and I have no rolls of fat at all. For some reason all my rolls are only on the front of me lol. After looking in the mirror with him and him showing me what he would do I had to agree. But he did agree to do some major Lipo on my thighs which will give me a much better look on my thighs than a lbl would have. So after much discussion I am getting, breast lift ( I am not getting implants since I am a D now he said I would stay a D I don't want to be bigger) abdominoplasty, mons ift and liposuction on upper stomache and thighs. Grand Total $ 15,400.00 I think that is a great price! The only thing is you don't stay overnight uggh. So I am going to stay at a hotel nearby and have hired one of their nurses to come stay with me. That way I can keep the catheter and IV for 24 hours and I really think that will help me. The cost of the nurse is an extra $950.00 but I think it will be worth it!

I can't believe how close I am to having the body I always dreamed of! :cursing: I am going to go to your site and check out your pics girl!~ oxxoxox

oh wow!!! a few days sooner than the original date isn't it?

So, what is the mons lift? i mean, what will he do different to take care of that with the TT?

I want to be a D also, but i will leave that up to the DR. to do implants or not. I've always, ok, since conception of my first child ...had big boobs....i would hate being flat!

that's an awesome price!

so, he does Lipo with the TT and breast lift? i have heard not all do that. i'm hoping to find someone that will do SOME lipo....i want my upper abs and contouring of the waist. i have small hips and no butt, so it make me look like i have no waist. i want a WAIST! ;-)

December will be here before you know it!

so, today, i was measured at curves. I don't pay much attention to the scale since it's always different from mine, and i know where i started on mine. (they said i lost 7 pounds)

I measured more than they did (body parts) so i included what they measure and what i do:

surgery: now: Difference:

Weight: 191 141 50 pounds!

Neck: 15.5 13 2.5

arms: 14.5 11 3.5

top of chest (above boobs) 44 37.5 7.5

boobs: 48 41 7

under boobs 40.5 33.5 7

waist 45 35 10

abs (right at belly button) 49 39 10

hips 43 38 5

thighs 23.25 21 2.25

knees (that fat part) 14.25 13 1.25

calves 15.5 13.75 1.75

ankles (i have little ankles!) 8.5 8 .5

it wouldn't let me type it out in columns! so i did colors!

wow! 10 inches off of my waist! i didn't wear 'sizes' before....i was in 'elastic' because i still had maternity clothes in the house! so i don't know what size i was but i'm now in my 8's from before me almost 3 year old!

i'm actually up a pound 142 not 141....since getting home from our get away, but i have not had my Water like i should, and i ate super salty food last night...but i'm not counting that yet.... i have done well today, getting my Water and protien in and will see what the scale says on Monday, my usual weigh in (although i weigh EVERYDAY! LOL)

i feel like i'm stalling again....at this weight. I hope like the last time, i stay here for a little bit, but when it starts dropping again, i drop a couple pounds each week! I'm getting so close to my goal!!! i want it GONE!

i got my VS swimsuits in...ACK.. i should have gone with LARGE tops and small bottoms! hopefully losing in my back and the flab under my arms and chest...but not the boobs... it will fit better. i'm sure DH won't be complaining of the girls spilling out though! LOL the bottoms, other than the roll right were the tops fit, they FIT! not perfect, but they aren't cutting off my circulation!

i hope they aren't too big (did i just say that? never mind, i will find smaller ones to fit!) by the time i go to my consult or by surgery!

what a weekend. i don't know WHAT was wrong with me. oh wait. it was probably that i had Snacks in the house to begin with!

I could not...or i should say, WOULDN'T stop eating. a handful (or 2) of mini oreos, ice cream (and NOT my normal frozen yogurt that is lower in cals and fat), honey teddy grams, almonds (i'm usually ok with a few at a time a couple times a day....try HANDFULS, ALL DAY). thank goodness they are gone. all of it.

i'm sure it still wasn't even CLOSE to what i used to do. I would have finished an unopen bag of any or all of this back before the band. the bags were almost empty, but still, i DON'T snack like that anymore.

i know some of it was boredom. Hubby was working evening shift, leaving me home with the kids from 3:30 until i went to bed.

i usually have much more control than that though.

the good thing is that i'm back to 141 on the scale (but could KICK myself because i probably would be in the 130's had i stayed on track all of the past week!)

i'm going to go back on liquids again, like i did to break my cycle of snacking a couple of weeks ago. Protein shakes and Water...for a couple of days. it seems to kick my butt back on plan.

NSV- Saturday while working out at curves, a lady asked me if i've been going there a lot. i told her i've been a member for 2 months. She said, no, i mean, you have been coming in working out a lot....days in a week.

I said, oh...yes. i TRY to come everyday they are open, if not to workout, but that that is MY TIME to be ALONE (NO KIDS!).

she said, it shows....that she sees the difference and that i look great!

wow....a stranger noticed! (and what did i do? came home and SNACKED! ARGH! i need to work on using those things as MOTIVATION and not a license to CHEAT!)

my magic bullet is calling....time for my shake.

what a difference a day makes.

Yesterday i did great.

i was sticking to my shakes.

i went to curves.

I got a pedometor in the mail from my insurance.

I put it on about half way of my day.

a friend asked if i wanted to go walk/run with her in the evening.

i decided i should eat something if i was going to run later, so i had tuna FISH.

we did 2 3/4 miles and i RAN almost HALF OF IT!!

I was SOOOO proud of myself! she was too! she has been in this running club for over a year and has been doing this program for a few weeks after a break from running and i kept up with her!

i can remember not being able to run to the end of our driveway to catch one of the little ones from going into the street and now i'm running MILES....ok, not all at once (the longest distance we ran all together was 1/4 of a mile) but it was much much farther than the end of my DRIVEWAY!

the bonus....this morning i was 140! EVEN.

an OUNCE and i'm OUT OF THE 140's!!!

I'm using that as MOTIVATION and i WILL stay on track today!

I tracked over 14000 steps and i didn't even have the pedometor on for the first half of the day!

wow congrats girl! sorry I have been missing in action, I got layed off, we are putting my house on the market and i have had a house full of contractors and just been going nuts!

A mons lift is your vagina front area. Mine got a little chubby and now is a little saggy gross i know, so he is going to give it a lift just like a tt and yes if you ask for it they do it. My doc does do the Lipo with the tt.

I will try and check on here but this week and last week are crazy. I have about 10 guys going to be in my house in less than 30 min uggh. :thumbup: have a great day and STAY AWAY FROM THE SNACKS! lol

oh, sorry to hear about your job! would you be selling your house had you NOT been laid off? sorry ....times are so terrible in the job market right now!

are you going to look for another job, or take some time off?

I hope they get things done QUICK and the house sells QUICK too!

i knew what the mons lift was, just didn't know what they did to correct that. like how...but i guess if the pull DOWN for a Tummy Tuck (to flatten the belly) they would pull UP and flatten that area...makes sense.

i understand about being busy! I've been using this thread as my accoutability place too. so i can come back and read the replies when i need so motivation or support! I never kept up with the blog portion on the site...this seems easier.

check in when you can!

:thumbup: Ouch. I. am. sore! but it's NOT going to stop me from dancing!

139...even! i lost a pound ANNNNNND....... I am now OUT of the 140's!!!!

I LOVE my band!!!

i worked out at curves yesterday, but did NOT walk/run. my legs H.U.R.T! my workout at curves showed that too. my calories burned were WAY down from the day before because i just couldn't push as hard as usual because of the soreness in my legs.

I will go to curves again today (i go everyday except sunday) and even if i don't try to run today, i'm going to go walk (maybe i'll put the littes in the double jogger and take them walking). Just so my muscles stretch....try to work the soreness away!

Oh, and my (overfill feeling?) tightness is gone. I still get full quick, but it's not causing everything to make me think i'm going to get stuck with the first bite. Last night i made enchilada's for the family. i cut a few bits up for the little ones, who didn't eat it and i tried it. i was able to eat it! i couldn't do bread or tortillias before! i was full REALLY quick, but hey, THAT'S the restriction i WANT! i want to eat ANYTHING, but not nearly as much as i used to. :w00t:

I did my lab work friday before last and hadn't heard from the Dr's office yet so i called them yesterday. I wasn't sure if I was suppose to call for an appointment or THEY would call ME. she said they haven't gotten all the results back yet and when they did, they would call and make an appointment. I'll see where i'm at with restriction then and talk to him about it depending on how my weight loss is going. at my last appointment which was for my port insicion not healing completely(and it was over 3 months AFTER surgery) we both agreed i was at my sweet spot. I guess from losing more weight, you lose that and could need more fills....we will see when i go for an appointment.

did i say I LOVE MY BAND?!

my goal of being AT goal for my birthday doesn't seem like the impossible anymore. Bring on OCTOBER!!! I'll be looking great at 38! :lol:

That is so friggin awesome! I am really proud of you for staying motivated to excercize. I took my 9,3 and 1 year old niece and nephews to the lake today. Whew, I forgot how much work kids were lol. I did bring my daughters who helped out and I was soo grateful they were there. I went to curves this morning and weighed in and I have lost 4 pounds in two weeks, which is amazing since I am right at goal. I think I need to get an unfill when I go on August 10. its weird to say but I need to stop losing weight. I do want to lose a little more before my ps but not alot. 2 pounds a week is too much I think. I hope one day to be one of those people that is like, I need to gain weight lol. :laugh: The painters finished today woo hoo and the new carpet gets put in on monday. We were going to sell the house before I got layed off, it was actually a great thing being layed off when I was. The timing was perfect!

Have a great night! xoxo