Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

To sell out or not to sell out

I've already decided not to take the money. It didn't feel right. I told her she could use it if her product was the Xocai chocolates and products, since I did use that while losing the weight to help curb the sugar cravings. I also said I didn't want the photo to denote that I lost ALL the weight using it, just that it helped me to curb the cravings so I COULD lose the weight. I'd be ok with that since it's true, but I don't know what she's going to say back or how they plan on using the photos. There's a good chance I just won't stick with it.

BTW, I have submitted my photo to lapband.com and talked to the bodybugg people, but no biters so far. It'd be nice to get paid for doing all that work, but then again, I didn't get paid to gain it all, either. My husband and I will be fine financially.

This is where we disagree. I wouldn't have anything in the world to do with a skank like this. She's a liar and a cheat. I think that by having anything to do with her you are a sell out. The band is what seriously helped you, not her snake oil. If she told the WHOLE truth that might be one thing. Bits of truth is nothing but dishonesty and deception.

About a week ago I was contacted by a woman who sells an Acai berry weight loss product online. She found my pictures on flickr and wants to use them as "before/after" pics for her website. She's willing to pay me for the rights to use the photos. My dilemma is that I didn't use her product to lose the weight. If body bugg or lap band had contacted me, I'd gladly let them use my pictures, but in this case I don't know exactly what to do. We could sure use the money, but I feel like I'd be deceiving people who are using this product. What do you think?

Can you start using the product? I wouldn't sell, unless I used the product. I would not want to mislead people. Can she start providing you free samples, so you can become familiar with the product and see if it helps you with more weight loss?????

Can you start using the product? I wouldn't sell, unless I used the product. I would not want to mislead people. Can she start providing you free samples, so you can become familiar with the product and see if it helps you with more weight loss?????

Yeah, but that's still deceiving. Puddin doesn't look like she has any more to lose, and likely this woman would want to use her before and after pics, which is dishonest.

I'm glad Puddin has chosen to be honest in this. It's especially hard when one needs the money that is offered. I'd say she passed the test. :tt2:

Wow, Puddin you look great! I just now saw your pictures. I hope I can get to where you are. Your an inspiration. You go girl!:tt2:

You are making the right choice be turning down the financial offer. You don't have any more weight to lose, so you cannot claim it helps.

I know many out there are saying that even considering this is selling out, but honestly, please put yourself in my shoes. My husband just got laid off with no future job in sight and someone is flashing dollar signs. You begin to rationalize reasons why you should take the money. In the end, no, I didn't, so please don't judge me for considering it. I think most people out there would.

At any rate, it wasn't JUST the band that got me to goal. Not by a long shot. In fact, the band didn't help me an awful lot the first year at all. The loss really began when I started using the body bugg. Those who are wondering what that is, it's a personal calorie counter. It counts how many calories you are burning all day! That way you can track calories in/out and KNOW how much you can take in to reach your goal. I became so active that I actually had my band loosened quite a bit. So yes, I am grateful for the band, but no, it was not ultimately the thing that got me to goal, just like anyone losing weight. They use multiple tools to get there. It's unhealthy to completely rely on the band to get you to your total weight loss goal.

At any rate. Thanks for the advice everybody. It helped to hear others' opinion on the matter.

Puddin

After reading some of this post I to had to look at your pics, seeing the inspiration you gave to so many others I'd hate to see you take them down. You could Water mark them so that if someone took them they would still have your watermark on them. If you decide to mark them be sure not to do a small corner at top or bottom but right across the whole center where theres differant colors, anyone who would try to color in would be busy for a long time and probably not succeed. I know you give the body bug a lot of credit and then the band, no matter which got you where your at the sharing of your pics has touched so many.

Puddin

After reading some of this post I to had to look at your pics, seeing the inspiration you gave to so many others I'd hate to see you take them down. You could Water mark them so that if someone took them they would still have your watermark on them.

How about this?

3295381223_336167663a_o.jpg

you are so pretty - I would not judge you for selling out - times are hard - sometimes you have to do things you are not proud of - I hope you find someone to use your photos that helped you lose weight ----you look beautiful and I am proud to know you

Now you can continue to inspire and not worry so much about your pics being taken and used. Did you get the display part with your body bugg, I'm wondering how bad its needed or is the extra hundred worth spending. I keep looking at it and have wanted one for so long but things are pretty tight here and I'm still paying off my medical bills

Edited by Saundra

I looked a Bodybugg up online but still don't know exactly what it is. Then again, a lot of the website was video and I couldn't view those at work.

To gain money by deception will cost you more than not having the money to begin with.

Contact BodyBug - tell then you were contacted by this 'acai wt loss thing' and although you turned them down, it got you thining - pitch yourself.

Tell them that you had an idea for being a 'before and after' spokes person for them. Your are smart cookie, figure out how to work it were you sell your success and get paid for it.:sneaky:

Or, write a book. eBook it and charge for downloads. What you have done IS an inpiration.

Edited by CapitolChick

I looked a Bodybugg up online but still don't know exactly what it is. Then again, a lot of the website was video and I couldn't view those at work.

You can see them on ebay as well as the biggest loser store as well as a few other places online such as bodybugg calorie management system not to push any certain store but this one does offer the coupon. Right now I'm trying to find out if the digital display is pretty important, it runs $99 on the TBL site

Believe it or not, I just received one of those annoying emails you didn't ask for and it was about losing weight. It has these bogus pictures of a woman during her weight loss. It was so obvious that the body was computer-generated with her head. It was for the product you are talking about. This doesn't sound like a company I would want to get involved with. You made the right choice.

Some of the ads I see most often for those products are so obviously photoshopped it's painful to look at them. If the product worked, they would have real before and after pics to show. This post just confirms to me that the stuff is a scam.