Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone on the Liver Shrinking Diet right now?

My surgery is in a week... WHOO HOO! Wondering how the liver shrinking diet is going? I'm managing, but boy am I hungry... in fact, about to go eat my cottage cheese snack.< /p>

Any tips? Would love to hear what is working for other people.

Thanks!

did that it seems so hard just follow the sheet

I am on my fifth day and although I am not cheating, I am thinking about food a lot. I am have food fantasies all of the time. I realize how addicted to food I am, its insane. But I am willing to do this because I know its what I need to do to get healthy and feel good about myself.

Bummer about the liquid part....I don't have to do that. I have to go low carb to shrink my liver, but no liquid requirement. I will have to do it for 10 days, and the part that sucks the most is that I have an out of town trip just three days into the diet. I am going to a conference, and I will be there with everyone else from work who will want a glass of wine and good food:sneaky:.

I know I have to do this, though. I have to. I can't manage these illnesses any longer, and I don't want to. I am ready to treat food just like what it is and nothing more. I can't wait til March 10....!

I wish mine were just low-carb. I'm on a "liquid" diet. 3 to 4 cans of slimfast every day as well as some applesauce/pudding/yogurt if I'm still hungry.

And let me tell you, it sucks. Hardcore. Slimfast and I have issues. It makes me gag. With every single sip. It's terrible. I've found mixing the can of slimfast with non-fat milk helps, but it's still really hard. And it's completely worth it.

I just keep thinking, this time next year, I'll be wearing a sexy dress on Valentine's instead of jeans and a Lane Bryant shirt.

I am also on the liquids.-in the second week of it, with surgery on the 23rd. I found these high Protein Shakes in Costco: 30 gr of Protein, low sugar and low fat and they are good!they are made by Premier, and not expensive. my DR. said no to slimfast-very high in sugar. so far Ive lost 10 lbs. doing 2 shakes per day. can have more, but dont have hunger anymore. the first week was hard- thought ablout food constantly, now Im ok. good luck to evryone- hope this helps.

I am in the trainning stage. I start the liquids next Monday for 2 weeks. I starting trainning in Nov. for the changes that were to come with lapband, it is my hope that it will make things a little easier for me to learn to do it on my own. Cut out the sweet tea and learned to drink the no cal Crystal Light type. Not to hard, saving a ton of money on sugar. Next was to start to cut back on the protions, little tuffer but OK. 3 weeks ago I started to have a liquid for Breakfast. This was hardest because I NEVER ate breakfast, understand that's part of my old weight issues, also I use Skim Milk. I am now doing 2 shakes (slimfast or carnation instant) and whatever meal I want, down 14lbs. without exercise and I haven't felt hungry. This is self empossed, so I can't cheat because I don't have any rules to follow. I really hope this helps on Monday when the rules start. :blush:Taking a test run now on a Protein smoothie...OH BOY! Not happy now about this.

Yes this SUCKS!!!! I am on clears for a week, with 3 Protein Drinks (slimfast optima) a day. I have been watching food network this morning and I need to stop torturing myself. Thankfully my husband has been very sweet and is no longer eating in front of me. But I am not a very nice wife or mommy right now.

My pre-op liquid starts Monday, Feb. 23rd. Wil be banded on March 5th.

I, too, practiced alot. I have Syntrax's nectar Sweets and UnJury's chicken Soup. Both of them are very "yummy."

These are both whey Proteins

I also have those 42 gr Protein bullets in fruit flavors.

I have the natrual flavor soy protein that I can add to anytthing I eat or drink for protein.

My doctor said no to SlimFast, Ensure, Boost, etc.

Too much sugar in these.

The Protein Bullets helps alot inbetween my meals.

I am hoping I am ready for this.

Eartha

I just had a great idea for a different clear liquid. Strained MISO Soup. It will be soooo nice just to have something other than chicken broth, Jello, and slimfast optimas. I am sending my hubby to the nearest sushi place now:thumbup:

I'm getting ready to start my liquid diet on Thurs, 2/26. My surgery is scheduled for Thurs, 3/12. Frankly, I'm more nervous about this part of the process than anything. I tried a liquid Protein diet sponsored by Beaumont Hospital a few years ago and it about drove me crazy. I got so depressed. I hope this is different because I know that in the long run I will be having food again just in much smaller portions. My surgeon uses the Bariatric Protein powder. We taste tested one yesterday and it was just okay, but that was just a sip. I think if I had to drink the whole thing it would have made me gag. I did order a few of the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury samples today and hope those are better based on what I've read on this site. If anyone has any creative ideas for their powder please let me know. Slimfast, etc. is not an option with my doctor.

I'm also trying to make some slow changes. I had my last diet pepsi yesterday. Wanted to get weaned off the caffeine before I start the liquid diet.< /p>