Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jenny Craig's new Campaign ::eye roll::

Has anyone else noticed/been irritated by Jenny Craig's new obnoxious ads? They have recruited Phylicia Rashad for this season, and have dressed her in VERY baggy clothes. Of course she's going to look amazing next month when they put out new ads of her wearing clothes that fit, regardless of the extent of her weight loss. This pisses me off/amuses/annoys me as much as the diet drug ads that show before pictures of miserable looking women frowning in ill-fitting bikinis, a greasy ponytail and no makeup, then magically after losing 30 pounds, they are wearing a flattering bikini, sporting a huge white smile with a full face of glamorous makeup and their hair is Miss America Runway ready... :bored:

Edited by Camel_Cracker
left something out

Well, the Cosby Show hasnt been on here for decades, but I dont remember her fat in the first place.

They're giving me the sh&ts here too - they've recruited Magda Szubanski (she was the farmer's wife in Babe), who IS rather large. But she's been mouthing off all over the news and radio about how much weight she's going to lose and how she didnt choose banding because she "wanted to learn to eat properly".

Numbskull. Tell me how great Jenny Craig is WHEN you've lost weight and WHEN you've kept it off.

You know, as much as I hate to cook and clean up, Jenny Craig might not be a bad idea for me. Other than I am really cheap. A lot of people judge their restriction on whether or not they can eat an entire Lean Cuisine meal.

I detest those weight loss over the counter pills that show huge amounts of weight loss and when you look at the bottom of the screen it says "weight loss like this is not typical" It would be great if there really was a magic pill that made it easy.

I can hardly eat in the morning or afternoon, and I still dont chow down well at night unless it's nachos, so I don't think I could finish off a Lean Cuisine. I'm not knocking the programs as much as the misleading advertising.... it's irresponsible!

Luckly, I haven't seen the ads. I did Jenny Craig a few years ago. I did lose some, but obvioulsy gained it back. The food is very expensive. It's just not a very practical program, especially if you are married and have to cook for other people.

You know, as much as I hate to cook and clean up, Jenny Craig might not be a bad idea for me.

Watch the sodium in those. I did NutriSystem as one of my many attempts to lose weight and the sodium in those things is insane! I don't know anything about Jenny Craig's food tho, just something to watch for if you decide to go for it.

My DD (2 1/2) has decided she wants one of the hunger monsters from WW! :thumbup:

Ms. Rashad has never looked overweight to me. And she's so excited about losing 5lbs in her first week. Haven't ALL of us experienced a huge loss the 1st week of a new diet? I know I have. It's what happens after that that isn't go great! LOL!

They do the same thing on the Nutri System commercial. They show a dirty blonde haired actress or something with a huge baggy brown dress on. Than they say she lost 30 pounds, but her face, etc look the same. Just a dress that actually fits her!

I did Jenny Craig and had good results but it doesn't teach you how to eat and cook for yourself. Also, I gained double back! Has anyone seen Kristy Alley? They estimate she gained more than what she had lost back? We all know that it is really, really hard to maintain the loss!

I am half-assed following Weight Watchers along with my band. It's so hard to eat all of my points eating healthy, since I still get 31 per day, but throw in an ice cream and they're gone :angry:) I feel a little guilty that I have my tool in place, but I don't tell people at my meetings. I divulged that I have a band this summer at an out of town meeting and I was treated like a leper. I stay on WW for the accountability, good tips and accurate weekly weigh ins. Plus... I look forward to getting my "Lifetime" membership for free.

I try to follow the South Beach diet since it's the only one that really worked for me (at least for a little while) preband. The no bread rule I don't have a problem with because I can't eat it anyway because I have horrible pains when I do. But it is hard not to eat potatos and corn!

I have never seen that actress dressed in baggy, older looking women's clothes before this ad for Jenny- isn't she married to some hot sport's man - you can tell her clothes are too big

I have never seen that actress dressed in baggy, older looking women's clothes before this ad for Jenny- isn't she married to some hot sport's man - you can tell her clothes are too big

If I'm thinking of the same commercial, I'm pretty sure the picture of her in the brown dress was taken when she was pregnant. Does it still count as a before weight when your 8 or 9 months pregnant?

If I'm thinking of the same commercial, I'm pretty sure the picture of her in the brown dress was taken when she was pregnant. Does it still count as a before weight when your 8 or 9 months pregnant?

Phylicia Rashad is who we're talking about on the new Jenny Craig ad. (Mom, Claire from the show The Huxtables.) And her clothes are too big for her. And she is married to a sportscaster but darn if I can remember his name! They've been married for YEARS too.

I think that you're thinking of the gal with long hair that does some stuff with the Fox Sunday Football crew. The before pic was taken shortly after she gave birth. she has said in interviews that she was having a hard time getting the weight off and NutriSystem really helped.

Ok, just googled Ms. Rashad and they're getting a divorce! Here is a link (this is just the 1st I clicked on): [url="http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1355/is_12_99/ai_71704807"[/url]

His name is Ahmed, BTW.

Looks like you're going to have to copy and paste. I used the link icon and it's not working!!!

Edited by heartfire
THE LINK ISN'T WORKING!!!

Smartiegirl you are right - she does look preg and that should not court as weight for her to lose now - I did not know she was getting a divorce - hope they do not use her weight as a divorce issue -- she is a very pretty lady and never dresses tacky before now--- Kristie Allen was not a happy Craig girl --- please do not try and trick us by wearing too big for you outfits ---- we may need to lose weight in our bodies but are brains are just fine---

Yes, by the way, what ever did hppen to Kirstie? She has all but disappeared from t.v. How is her weight now?

It seems so long ago, digging up the archives here, I guess.

Thanks for info.

maddy