Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am so very much trying to get through the liquid Protein diet....I did some research and got tons of wonderful suggestions from many of you. I decided to use unflavored Protein in Soups (which I will pureed to liquids) and tuna (pureed). I will drink my Water, eat SF Jello and popscicles....I will track the calories and protein and carbs to stay within the range.

Now since I had decided this after the nurse at the clinic basicly said I was a failure already, my DD (who has been supportive) is questioning what I plan on eating and said, "maybe you should reconsider if you can't even make it through this part"......

I feel tired, hungry, angry, mad at myself......Maybe I should just forget this idea......

Hang in there--What you are going to be eating after your banded is so-so much different than what you are eating now.

Remember, you are not being banded in order to be on a liquid diet for the rest of your life.

After surgery, and once your band has had a chance to heal in place properly, you will be moving along to "normal food". The portions are what's going to be changing.

Hang in there--I think the pre-op diets seem to be the most difficult hurdle for a lot of people. I think I failed my pre-op diet miserably--I managed to actually gain a pound or two!

Oh honey you are NOT a failure. You are a beautiful human being that is going through a new life journey. We ALL slip, and if someone says they don't they are a liar. We all got this way because WE LOVE food. I know personally EVERY family/friend function I have ever been to centered around food. To me food is like liquor to an alcoholic or a drug to a drug user. Food is everywhere...it is so hard to "Just say NO!" You will get through this stage and you will be a success story! I am in the same boat...the liquid stage is killing me, but I keep telling myself it is all SO worth it. DH and I want a baby so bad...this is one step closer! Stick to the liquids and do the best you can. YOU CAN DO IT....DONT let anyone tell you cant!

I am so very much trying to get through the liquid Protein diet....I did some research and got tons of wonderful suggestions from many of you. I decided to use unflavored Protein in Soups (which I will pureed to liquids) and tuna (pureed). I will drink my Water, eat SF Jello and popscicles....I will track the calories and protein and carbs to stay within the range.

Now since I had decided this after the nurse at the clinic basicly said I was a failure already, my DD (who has been supportive) is questioning what I plan on eating and said, "maybe you should reconsider if you can't even make it through this part"......

I feel tired, hungry, angry, mad at myself......Maybe I should just forget this idea......

Looks okay by me. Life after the band looks nothing like this, expect... well, the Water and the SF Jello and the popscicles and the tracking stuff...

And just who the hell give this nurse the power to declare you a failure? Uhm hello! Kick her to the curb.

The Band is NOT A DIET. It is a lifestyle, and as far as I know, you it's the way you live your life, not die-t

Margo, don't let anyone call you a failure, EVER, because you know deep down inside you are not. A failure is some one that totally gives up and you are not giving up. Don't focus on what they said, focus on "YOU CAN DO THIS" you can get healthy :) you deserve it. Phoooie on everyone else.

That nurse needs the snot slapped out of her.

One of the best lines I ever heard was when a lady was mad about getting stopped for speeding (only 15 miles over on the toll road). After the cop wrote it out and handed the ticket to her she said, "You're a real jerk!"

"I'll take that under advisement." He responded.

I always thought that was the greatest comeback! Now whenever someone says something rude to me or gives unsolicited (or stupid) advice I just say, "I'll take that under advisement."

Now if anyone tries to tell you you are a failure or says anything that does not support you in your efforts, just take it under adivsement and walk away imagining them left there with the ticket in their hands.

Works wonders.

:)

Wonder if this doctor knows his nurse is calling people failures? How good could this be for business or the morale of the patient??

Just prove her wrong.. you can do it!

Thank you everyone...I really don't know what I would do without this board right now. It is such a wonderful joy to know that people are supporting you. I do have to get over the fact that I can let me define me (like that b*^&*% nurse calling me a failure....by the way, I have KICK HER TO THE CURB!!)

I have decided, for sure, that this 2 week pre-op diet will be structured a tad different for me. I simply can't drink the Protein drink all day.....one in the morning should not be too bad, but then I am doing Soups and fish with Protein powder. I will keep the calories to 1,000, the carbs low, and Protein to at least 60 grams. I am concerned about the amount of sodium (due to the soups), but I can't drive myself nuts about sodium.

By the way, I found a wonderful soy Protein Powder which is unflavored, unsweetened. I put it in my Soup and could not taste or SMELL it. It is from GNC. Simply call, Soy Protein!

Again, thanks everyone....my goal tomorrow is to get through a day without crying......

Maybe I missed something, or maybe it's past my bedtime and I jumbled the words or something, but are you supposed to be no a liquid diet of the exact same thing for three weeks?!?!

And you've somehow FAILED because you've made some choices about other liquid alternatives that will serve the same purpose?!?!?!

Tell your DD to go on the protien shake diet with you and see how long she lasts :). As for the nurse... well, you already know our feelings on that :)

Do your best! That's all anyone is allowed to expect of you :)

I totally know EXACTLY what your going through with your DD. My Mom herself said those same words to me not just once but three times befroe the surgery. I would say" I sure hope I can do this, Some folks can't & they have a rejection or gain there weight back." than she would say" well - thats no attitude to have if you have this you better succeed. Why go through the surgery & than fail at it?" I told her I didn't want to fail but that there was a chance. It still didn't sink in with her. She also said "If you can't get through the liquid stage -what makes you think you can get through the next stage?" I told her smiling" With your wonderful support!"

You know your DD Loves you & is only wanting the best for you. He is probably only afraid that you may be upset if it doesn't go smoothly for you. Just tell him positive re-enforcement is all you need from this point on. I am sure he'll get the picture. If he doesn't than tell him you really don't wish to discuss the diet with him anymore & think it will be helpful if you talk about other things instead. Either way you are a success story because you are trying everyday to walk that road of improvement! Be proud of yourself & keep moving forward. One day everything will change from the inside out. By the way your plan sounds right on track-you'll do it & do it very well!!!

First of all, I need to clear up a mistake on my part....I used DD when talking about my husband, so I should have use DH.....I need to clarifiy this since my DD has been a God sent to me. She just turned 9 years old and you would think she's 30.....today she made lunch for me and proudly presented it on a tray for me. My DH has not said anything about what I'm eating since the first time...I think he got the idea that I did not appreciate that.

And yes, I am choosing an alternative diet for the pre-op liquid protien diet....I am keeping all my carbs, Proteins and calories in check...eating liquids: Soups with Protein powder, SF Jello, pureed tuna, SF popscicles, Water.... I am using Fitday.com to track everything....wow, that program is great!!!

I am going to blow off the nurse and her nasty comments, smile that my husband is starting to "get it" and thank the Lord for my sweet little daughter and say thank you, thank you and thank again to everyone on this board.

P.S. Since Wednesday (Aug 3)...only 4 days....I have lost 10.2 pounds!!!

CONGRATS on your 10 pounds!! That's awesome! And good for you on blowing of the stupid nurse, and kudos to your hubby for 'getting it'. :)

Thanks Sarah....

I feel like I am finally on my way to a healthy life...even 10 pounds (now actually 11.4 pounds!!) feels wonderful. I can't wait to say "good-bye" to the remaining pounds.