Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 days post op, update

Well, I had my surgery on Wednesday and its now Saturday. Today has been one of the worst days for soreness yet, but that may be a result of stopping lortab and just using Tylenol. I've been tolerating the special diet so far. I was on Clear Liquids until Friday and then I could add Protein Shakes. Tomorrow I can add applesauce, pudding, and bananas. I haven't really felt hungry since then, but I know that is due to the swelling. I've lost 5 pounds since surgery due to my liquid diet. There have been times where I've wondered, why did I do this? I know that once the soreness goes away and I get into a routine, I'll be much happier.

I had my surgery on Wednesday too.

They gave me tylenol w/ codiene for the pain and it just made me nauseous.

So I stopped that and just went to straight Tylenol Syrup and that seems to be managing the pain, but I am still sooooo nauseous.

:-(

I had surgery on Wednesday also Tina. I have been extra sore today too, but otherwise ok. I, like you, have wondered what in the world have I done! It has almost been like I am mourning something that has been lost. I am sure I will be much better when I can get back to my everyday life. I haven't had a problem with the diet either, I just wish there was a little more variety to the liquids. Good luck to everyone.

I had my surgery on Wednesday too.

They gave me tylenol w/ codiene for the pain and it just made me nauseous.

So I stopped that and just went to straight Tylenol Syrup and that seems to be managing the pain, but I am still sooooo nauseous.

:-(

When they found out I usually get sick from anesthesia, they put a nausea patch behind my ear that I was able to wear until Saturday. It was WONDERFUL. I didn't have ANY nausea at all. Perhaps next time you have any surgery, you could ask for one yourself. I hope your nausea fades soon!

We're band twins!!! :)

I had surgery on Wednesday also Tina. I have been extra sore today too, but otherwise ok. I, like you, have wondered what in the world have I done! It has almost been like I am mourning something that has been lost. I am sure I will be much better when I can get back to my everyday life. I haven't had a problem with the diet either, I just wish there was a little more variety to the liquids. Good luck to everyone.

Sometimes I catch myself thinking too far down the road. I think 5 or 10 years from now, I'll still be following all these rules and not able to eat what I want, but I quickly tell myself that this is what got me into trouble in the first place. Someone on here said they gave themselves 6 months with the band and if it didn't work out by then, they would have it removed. That's what I'm going to do. That should give me time to get over the soreness, start seeing some real weight loss (yes, I'm aware of average 1 lb per week, so that should be around 24 pounds). I sometimes find myself beginning to panic at having something inside me, but I keep telling myself there would be no choice if it were a pacemaker or a hip replacement, etc. This really isn't a choice right now and I'm ok. I try to focus on the moment. Let's just get through recovery and we'll handle the next part when we get to it. My doctor's plan allows me to eat bananas today and I have to say, this is the best damn banana EVER! :)

All of us band twins should stick together to see how we do and support each other!

I had surgery on 12/11 and the third day was the WORST for me. I remember regretting ever going in for the band:frown:

Coming on LBT I would read people's posts on how the felt great even at 1 day post-op, and I thought there was something wrong with me... Well, there wasn't. Truth is, everybody's different and just remember to follow your doctor's orders and give your body the time to heal. Though my worst day were the first 4-5, I felt sore for about 2 weeks. And now, I feel as tough I didn't even have surgery:thumbup:

Well I hope this helps and I wish you all the best of luck!

HI, Your remark as to why I did this hit a nerve. I have a Feb.10th date and that is all I can think of. Should I do this? I am scared but I should probably be more scared of the consequences of not getting this weight off permanently,:):scared2: Wishing you the best. Keep in touch.

HI, Your remark as to why I did this hit a nerve. I have a Feb.10th date and that is all I can think of. Should I do this? I am scared but I should probably be more scared of the consequences of not getting this weight off permanently,:):scared2: Wishing you the best. Keep in touch.

Before my surgery, I made a list of all the reasons why I wanted the surgery. I even posted some of it here on the thread "Bear with me while I relieve pre-op jitters". It really helped me focus on the big picture. You have quite a bit of time to focus on this list and make a pro/con list. I'm sure you'll do fine. :wink2:

This is my 3rd day. My doctor has me on full clear liquids for a week, am doing ok with that. My only real complaint is the pain at incision. It is a burning pain whenever I try to get up or sit or lay down. I thought I had high tolerance of pain but this could almost make me cry. Does anyone else have this type of pain? doctor gave me liquid oxycodon but it does nothing.

I had my surgery on Jan 13. I'm still feeling a little sore but thankfully most of the gas is gone. The diet is pretty bland but it will get better. (I'm staying on the positive side). The area where the port is a little more sore because of scar tissue from previous surgery. I'm looking forward to when I can put this behind me and start the next part of my life. Thalia C

This is my 3rd day. My doctor has me on full Clear liquids for a week, am doing ok with that. My only real complaint is the pain at incision. It is a burning pain whenever I try to get up or sit or lay down. I thought I had high tolerance of pain but this could almost make me cry. Does anyone else have this type of pain? doctor gave me liquid oxycodon but it does nothing.

That the meds that I take too and even though I still feel pain on it, there have been a couple of times when I missed a dose because I slept through it. It was THEN that I realized how much it really WAS helping. Now I take it every 4 hours and even set an alarm at night! My pain feels more like a severely pulled muscle, but it does seem to be getting better today. If I'm sitting still or walking, I don't feel it too much. Its just when I have to cough, stand up from sitting or lying down, or bend over for any reason.

Am I the only guy to have surgery on Wednesday (14th)? My experience has been gas, gas, and more gas. My incisions itch but no pain. I have two big bottles of medication for nausea but haven't taken it. Either I don't know what nausea is or I haven't had it. My motivation is grounded in the belief that nothing great happens without pain, trial, and tribulation, so the hurdles of the surgery are a necessary requirement to the benefits that I believe will exist on the other side. For example, my glucose levels have been perfect since I came back from the hospital, although they have been high for years. So for those of you considering the surgery, find your faith, wherever you search for it, and go for it!

Hey...I see you are from KY too. :) I'm from Lexington and my husband works in Louisville.

I've had quite a bit of gas pains too, but they seem to be fading now. My shoulder doesn't really hurt anymore. Now its just muscular pain that I'm dealing with.

:) - I was banded on 1/15/09 and so far so good. Pre-op I was at 316 and the day of surgery I was 299 - (lost 17 pounds. Now I'm 3 days post-op and feeling ok. (now at 291) I had really bad gas pains in my chest. I've been living on gas-x strips and peppermint tea. I did have 1 scrambled egg this morning with a little shredded cheese and feel ok. Do anyone have trouble when swallowing - getting integestion?