Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My first fill--Ouch!!!

I went to my first fill today. I brought what I've eaten for the past seven days and talked to the nutritionist about it. She said I was doing very welll. She didn't even flinch at the King Crab Legs and Vodka I had on New Years!!! I was honest, I put on there that I'd eaten at Taco Bell two days and McDonald's another day, but those days I pretty much didn't eat anything else, and then most days I ate healthy food, so she said I was doing great.

Apparently I'm down another 5 pounds since the last doctor's appointment!!! That made me feel so much better. THe scale read 300.003!!! That's just one pound until I'm under 300! It actually flashed 299.9, but then went back up o 300. My home scale says 303.

The surgeon said I was doing great, especially over the holidays to lose 5 pounds, so that perked my spirits up.

I was told to get on the chair and they reclined it all the way, but betadine on my stomach and numbed it with little needle pricks. Then he took a long needle and began to poke me to find the port. He couldn't find it. He could find the big round thing, but apparently there's a soft spot in the middle that the syringe goes through and he could not find that. He stuck me like 10 times and he hurt! (I'm a baby with pain by the way). Then he kept trying to find it. I was actually going to ask to take a break because I can't stand little sticking pain....He numbed the area again and poked me again, and then I said, "Ouch!" and he numbed it agaain. He finally found it well below where they (and I ) thought it was. He apologized for hurting me several times and said that next time they'll know right where it is. In hindsight, it wasn't really that bad.

I have a 10cc band and he put in 4.5 cc, which is a little more than usual, but I live close by, so I could get an unfill if I needed to. I drank a whole glass of Water and it went down fine. I have another follow up appt. scheduled on Feb. 3rd. I'm supposed to drink liquids, then progress to mushies, then on to real food in the next two days.

I feel good and I'm hopeful that my weight loss will really jump start now!!

Update: It's the day after my fill and I feel restriction. I weighed myself today after the gym and I weighed 299 on my home scale! WHOO hoo on being under 300!:thumbup:

Congrats! Sorry that they had to poke around to find the port. Doesn't it feel great to get under 300?? I know the feeling and it's awesome!!!

Congrats! I had my first fill yesterday and I sure am glad they find it first with ultrasound! I feel for you!

Congrats! Sorry that they had to poke around to find the port. Doesn't it feel great to get under 300?? I know the feeling and it's awesome!!!

It feels great! Totally worth the painful fill!! Cute picture by the way!!!

Congrats! I had my first fill yesterday and I sure am glad they find it first with ultrasound! I feel for you!

Congrats! I'm glad yours didn't hurt! Hopefully next time,they should be able to find it without using me as a human vodoo doll! lol

Wow! I like your doctor's agressive fill 4.5cc at one time amazing. How is the fill working for you today?

Wow! I like your doctor's agressive fill 4.5cc at one time amazing. How is the fill working for you today?

Yeah, I think he felt confident giving me such a big fill because..

1. I have a big aps band (10cc)

2. I live near by and he's always on call to unfill if needed

3. I have had no issues, no vomiting, no pb, no getting stuck, and can eat anything

4. The Water I drank after the fill went down with no problem.

My fill has been great. I'm never hungry unless I smell food (head hunger) and I have been able to eat and drink fine. In the past four days, I've eaten cottage cheese, V8 squash Soup, yogurt, coffee, scrambled eggs with cheese, Protein drink, sliced tomatoes and olives, sliced deli turkey, tostidos chips and dip (bad me!!!) and shrimp, all with no problem. I just get full right away and like I said, don't get hungry again. It's great! I probably could use a little more restriction in the future, but for now it's A Okay!!!:grouphug: