Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

AUGUST 1--A New Month & a New Week!

Well, tomorrow is AUGUST and it starts on a Monday. A new beginning--always a good time to put a little *umph* in getting off doldrums and plateaus.

I've been doing pretty decent on my WL but I think this calls for some sort of renewed dedication. I got out my old notes from a "Healthy Solutions" WL program I did a few years ago and it was a real wake up call for me to review what I have already learned (but for some reason seem to keep forgetting!). The big thing I HATED about that program was all the doggone record keeping. Sometimes I almost hated that more than the not eating. But--dammit!-- it also was probably the major reason I lost so successfuly at that time.

Sooooo... with this new month and new week I am making the commitment to write down and total all my calories each day and write down & total all my physical activity calories for just ONE day at a time for just ONE week at a time for just ONE month (August) at a time.

It's always more fun and encouraging to do this with like-minded losers. Anyone wanna join me?

I'm game. I'm trying to lose before surgery. So far...I've lost and regained the same 2 lbs about 10 times I think. I have totally fallen off the exercise band wagon. I was going 2 hours a day 5 days a week. So got to get back on track...stop dipping my toes in the Water and jump right in.

Melissa

Kare, you and I think alike, I was going to post about this same thing tomorrow morning. I would love to join you!

A new month and a new day Monday August 1st!!!

Iam going to go into this 100%

Lisa's thread of the honeymoon being over got me to thinking..I want to be back on my honeymoon so Iam going to put forth 100% effort, I'm making a vow today to start tommorrow with a fresh renewed spirit and dedication...I'm going back to the gym, making healthy food choices , no junk food!, drink all of my Water, track my food and caloric intake.

Iam so close to my goal weight, I know I can do this and get the last few pounds off!!! WHo knows maybe a few more too :P

I'll join in! I really am still on my honeymoon (9 days now!), so my goal is to make the best of it! I'm recording everything on fitday.com....it took a minute to figure out how to adjust the serving sizes, but I've got it now. August is the beginning of the school year for me, too...so a great time to get in on the August committment! Cindy

Wow Willow--you were exercising 2 hours a day, five days a week? That's a lot to keep up! This past week I managed to get on the elliptical for 20 minutes every morning and walk the dog 45 minutes every night--and that was a REAL push!

Hey La madam, it's too bad we can't eat--we could meet for lunch! I work in southern Irvine, right next to Mission Viejo! Maybe we should "do tea" when it cools down a little.

Yeah well I was, and although I firmed up some muscle I didn't lose much on the scale. I haven't been as comminted since june. Its just harder with the kids...the oldest hates going to the gym for that long, so I tried doing shorter sessions so she would go with me, and that hasn't worked out. Since I've been on the anitbiotics I haven't had much motivation for anything. My system has always been effective heavily by medicine. Its why I try to avoid it at all costs LOL.

This month since the kids are still home I'm going to just do as much exercise as I can and not worry too much about "my schedule" and get back into that when school starts on the 25th. Are we going to log our food and exercise here? or just report in that we are sticking to our goals?

Melissa

Oh my gosh La Madam--you own a RESTARAUNT?? THAT must be tough! I live in CM so I'm not super familiar w/ MV, but my office is at Alton & Hughes (a blk from where Jeronimo meets Alton. Close, I think.

Willow, how much of your 2 hours was aerobics? I don't see how you could do 10 hours a week of aerobics & not lose. Weight training is great for many reasons--but it doesn't really get the pounds off.

As far as logging... maybe it would inspire us if we just listed our PACs (physical acitive calories) for the week. It really helped me when I could see the corelation visually. For instance I worked out last night that I by my PACs for the week I should be down 2.5 pounds. Sure enough in the morning--down 2! (don't have a digital) The numbers really, really work, but you have to do it over several weeks because some weeks fluctuate for various reasons. For instance, everytime I increased my weight workout or increased the incline on my elliptical I would not post a loss--or even garin!--for the week. Over four weeks tho, it always worked out.

I've been snowed since I walked in the office this morning but soon as I get time I'll type out the formula for you. ....but maybe they have all this on fitday?

Well when I was doing 2 hours i did 35 minutes on the treadmill, and 35 minutes on the elliptical. The other time was spent doing weights. Or I would do a 50 minute class and weights. My favorite class is Zumba, its dance areobics..lots of fun even if you aren't any good at dancing like me :P

Btw, after doing this much exercise and not loosing weight I went to the doctor and found out that I'm hypo thyroid. And to be honest since the dosage has stablized I've been rather sparatic with my workouts.

I log my exercise in fitlinx...and it tells you how many calories you burned that day, how many that week , month, year or even lifetime (since you started logging).

Madam, please tell me you have "healthy choices " on your menu LOL. I couldn't imagine trying to run a resturant and loose weight, more kudos to you! :D

Melissa