Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bandless now but want it back! I think

:wink_smile::confused: I feel a bit of a fraud posting hrere now that I am bandless but how many people have had the band removed for infection? Infection poorly managed from the outset and the final straw was when the tubing was said to be stitched in ' a pit full of pus'. This acted as a wick tracking up the tubing until there was only a very short tube left, too short to be meaningful.

The band was the best thing for me. I had researched the band for 3 years prior to surgery and I still want the band.

I am now anxious that my BMI 31 does not meet the criteria of 34 + if there are medical problems indicated for banding and of course fearful of regaining weight. My head is pre-occupied with band/bandless, food/not to eat, packing a wound/when will it heal, why did I have such a hard time/did I contribute to this outcome.

I had changed surgeons with the removal of the band and he said he will discuss this at my next visit.

I would appreciate if anyone else has had similar? Barb

Hi Barb,

I haven't had the band put in yet, but just wanted to say that I am sorry you have had such a terrible experience.

I think they definitely should be able to put the band back in, even though your BMI is now lower because you would be a risk of gaining your weight back again.

It doesn;t sound like you contributed to this problem at all so don't beat yourself up about it.

Goodluck!

Hi Barb

How's it going with a new doctor? R u getting the band back in? Surely they cant knock you back on your BMI knowing wots go on? How're you coping with the disappointment of the situation? I have my 1st appointment next week and this is the only situation I am scared of but its great to know you are on the other side and ok but wots the emotional implications? I just dont want to think of it going wrong after this excitement and build up and long deliberations...

Thank you for sharing your experiences, you dont really hear the other side of things like this unless you go searching. Keep us posted and well done for the excellent weight loss and maintaining that through all of this turmoil.

Best wishes to you!

Thanks shaggs, I am an emotional train wreck at present. Fed up, great set of words as I am stuffing my face silly, emotional eating yet my weight is stayng the same. Real professional during the day though! I don't let go this pretence.

Example last evening after work 5 peaches, 1 mango, 1x 250g block of chocolate then sat down to a smallish thai mince - lots corinander and chilli with vermicilli noodles- still hungrey so finished off my sorbet a small bowl. I was still hungry. Pehaps my body is saying I need to eat for wound healing but that was a massive amount of food, shamefully.

I haven't heard from the other surgeon and I see the new one Monday so I feel I am in limbo land. I may also be suffering new PTSD from all this. Last Op, new hospital the narc nurse took my glasses off when I had to walk into theatre and I cannot see without them! From an assault and torture from an unsupervised prisoner in an ICU with bips and beeps and machines that make much noise I felt I was back there again. I threw the blanket over my head when I finally got to a trolley in order to keep safe from blows!!! If there is a next time I will keep my contact lenses in and LIE. I am having flash backs and feeling guilty I did this to me- typical. Sometimes death has been a friend walking beside me getting closer.