Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For Those who live in Texas, or anyone. Just wanted to share

It is called The Texas Weight Loss Surgery Summit.

It is a summit that has to deal with Post-op Issues of all weight loss patients. Pretty much focusing on nutrition, diet, excercise. ETC all AFTER SURGERY CARE.

The main speaker will be Dr. Garth Davis from TLC TV Show "Big Medicine" you can get more info or register at.

Texas Association of Bariatric Surgeons (A website for weight loss surgery patients and the people who care for them.) - Home

Im sure its going to be very very imformative. Ill be there. I think.

I have to tell you this looks like a scam to me ? It might not be but its THE MOST UN IFORAMTIVE site i have ever seen.

I see NO Where does it tell you where the summit is , the times ect.

If its not a scam its VERY VERY poorly done !

Mindy

It is called The Texas Weight Loss Surgery Summit.

It is a summit that has to deal with Post-op Issues of all weight loss patients. Pretty much focusing on nutrition, diet, excercise. ETC all AFTER SURGERY CARE.

The main speaker will be Dr. Garth Davis from TLC TV Show "Big Medicine" you can get more info or register at.

Texas Association of Bariatric Surgeons (A website for weight loss surgery patients and the people who care for them.) - Home

Im sure its going to be very very imformative. Ill be there. I think.

On the site I found out that the SUMMIT is going to be in San Antonio, Tx on January 23 and 24 2009, the seminars take place on the 24th, and it's $50.00. There is also an agenda that you can download so you can plan your day for the talks. Looks like most are about 1hr long. This is the 5th annual summit, looks interesting I am planning on going. Even if you take just a few things from it, I think it would we worth 50 bucks and there are suppose to be vendors there as well so....maybe some free samples to take home. Besides the fact it's in San Antonio!! What Fun!!!

Texas Harley Girl

On the site I found out that the SUMMIT is going to be in San Antonio, Tx on January 23 and 24 2009, the seminars take place on the 24th, and it's $50.00. There is also an agenda that you can download so you can plan your day for the talks. Looks like most are about 1hr long. This is the 5th annual summit, looks interesting I am planning on going. Even if you take just a few things from it, I think it would we worth 50 bucks and there are suppose to be vendors there as well so....maybe some free samples to take home. Besides the fact it's in San Antonio!! What Fun!!!

Texas Harley Girl

Honestly I dont know how you found that out from that site !

its horrible. I hunted and hunted. Besides going all the way through signing up and paying I dont see how that info is found ?

Its not readily available on the site.

Which is fine. You would just think someone who is putting on something would make it very well known at least where and when its at ?

Just my thinking . lOL

Mindy

I'm sorry you are having trouble getting the info, I guess I just kept clicking until I came across it. Keep trying because I think it will be a good tool for us.

Texas

Click on the Texas Weight Loss Surgery Summit link ON THE LEFT. That one takes you to the info page and agenda, not the Bariatric Advantage page to order tix. Looks interesting if you're into that sort of thing. I personally don't have $50 plus hotel costs to spend on this kind of activity......could be informative and motivating though, which is NEVER bad!!!!

Honestly I dont know how you found that out from that site !

its horrible. I hunted and hunted. Besides going all the way through signing up and paying I dont see how that info is found ?

Its not readily available on the site.

Which is fine. You would just think someone who is putting on something would make it very well known at least where and when its at ?

Just my thinking . lOL

Mindy

Here you go:

The Texas Weight Loss Surgery Summit is an exciting and educational two-day conference for weight loss surgery patients. The Summit features informative speakers, topical seminars, interactive workshops and keynote dinner. Attendees can explore the vendor exhibits and clothing exchange, and meet and share ideas with other Texans who are on the weight loss journey.

• What: 2009 Texas Weight Loss Surgery Summit and Texas Association for Bariatric Surgery Meeting
  • When: January 23 and 24, 2009
  • Where: Holiday Inn San Antonio – Riverwalk located at 217 North St. Mary’s Street, website address: www.hi-riverwalk.com
  • Hotel reservations must be made through the hotel by calling (210) 224-2500 or (888) 615-0726. Ask for Texas Association for Bariatric Surgery group Room Block.
  • Reservations received after January 14, 2009 will be provided on a space available basis at the hotel’s current selling rate
  • Individual reservations must be guaranteed for late arrival with a credit card or one night’s room and tax if guaranteeing with cash.
  • Should cancellation of an individual reservation be necessary, cancellation must occur no later than 48 hours prior to arrival date to avoid a cancellation fee of first night’s room and tax.
  • Download the Agenda here.

I'd like to attend but it's too short notice. I'm in Houston and have young children I'd have to coordinate/schedule around so short planning outings are still a few years away for me.

Ok that link must have been broken before or something ?

I could not get that info before.

Looks similiar to the OH conference I went to except OH focused more on RNY than anything.

If i had the extra $50 I would go . Maybe next time

MIndy

Is this site ever updated? Has it not changed since 2005 (except for the conference info)...would be nice to have a place to go to for events in the area.