Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

22 Days Post Op - NO restriction - NO Weight loss

I haven't lost but maybe 2 pounds since I got the band in, but 12 pounds pre-op. My husband who got it on the same day hasn't lost any weight at all (except 50 pounds pre-op!). In fact, after the holidays we managed to GAIN weight! I feel hungrier now than I did before I got the band! We've been eating normal foods for the most part, but of course eating smaller meals, and lots of protien and Water. We even have low carb protien shakes every day for Breakfast and/or lunch, but I still get so freakin' hungry. Everything I eat goes through just fine, and I am hungry every two hours or so.

So I know that it will probably get better once we have our fill, I am just wondering HOW much better?

I know the band is a TOOL to aid in dieting properly, but I didn't get the band so I could DIET all the time. I got it so I could eat what I wanted in moderation without being hungry.

Hang in there! You guys are in "Bandster Hell" -- and it's not uncommon at all to gain weight during this time. I tried really hard to be good during that time, but with Thanksgiving falling toward the end of it, I managed to put back on 5 lbs. I've had 2 fills since then and am at very decent restriction. The weight is finally starting to come off!! As of this morning, I'm down just over 18 lbs and am really thrilled about it!!

Try not to get frustrated -- you're going through a tough time now, but it will get much better soon! I put a few entries about how I felt during that time on my blog -- check it out if you're interested!

Happy New Year!

Catherine

This happened to me, don't worry!

I didn't get my first fill for about 6 weeks post-op. I lost about 5lbs post surgery from the restricted diet but as soon as I got on solids I gained weight. When I went in for my first fill I was devastated to find I had gained weight. My nurse told me it was VERY typical and I shouldn't worry. Actually I had gained muscle from the working out and walks, and that added to the weight gain as well.

As soon as I had my first fill it melted off. About 4-5 weeks later the weight loss tapered off. It was time for another fill, then it started melting off again.

Just eat till you're full, but make smart choices. Of course with the holidays just passing it can be hard, but don't give up hope. I gained a few lbs from the holidays from eating junk, but as soon as I got back on track it came off. Are you exercising? Make sure you're at least walking. :confused:

I haven't lost but maybe 2 pounds since I got the band in, but 12 pounds pre-op. My husband who got it on the same day hasn't lost any weight at all (except 50 pounds pre-op!). In fact, after the holidays we managed to GAIN weight! I feel hungrier now than I did before I got the band! We've been eating normal foods for the most part, but of course eating smaller meals, and lots of protien and Water. We even have low carb protien shakes every day for Breakfast and/or lunch, but I still get so freakin' hungry. Everything I eat goes through just fine, and I am hungry every two hours or so.

So I know that it will probably get better once we have our fill, I am just wondering HOW much better?

I know the band is a TOOL to aid in dieting properly, but I didn't get the band so I could DIET all the time. I got it so I could eat what I wanted in moderation without being hungry.

Omg, I was totaly feeling the exact same way. I was banded on 12/11/08, eating normal, no restriction whats so ever, starving all the time too. I havent really lost any weight either. Sometime I wonder if the lapband is even in there, lol. Anyways I have my first fill on 1/14 and cant wait cause I am ready to have that restriction and not be hungry all the time, but some people say that it could take several fills before you feel the restriction and start dropping the weight, which scares me, cause I need it now.

I am SO there with you. I was banded on 12/19, and am now on the puree/mushy part. My appetite has come back, I feel like I eat, and am hungry 30 minutes later. Also - I'm finding that I so hungry, and I'll eat and then feel "stuffed" (I've eaten too much).

I've gained 3 pounds. If it weren't for the incision marks, I'd question if I've even had the surgery. I'm hopefully going to have a fill in less than 2 weeks...so (fingers crossed) I'll start losing soon.

I am fighting the same battle myself. I am still on full liquids for a few days, and because of the hunger, can't wait for the mushies stage. However, I am afraid I will overeat due to hunger.

So I have a goal for myself. I want to make sure I don't over eat. Just because I can eat almost anything (albeit pureed) does not mean I should. I have read a lot of posts where people ate like they used to in these starving phases, but I need to get through it. When I find myself really hungry, I drink more Water and get into the pain. When I eat more, it is worse the next day. When I eat less, it is better the next day.

As soon as I could have full liquids, I ate all I could. oatmeal for breakfast, pro-shake for snack, Soup for lunch, pro-shake for another snack, and cottage cheese, along with water. The next day I was starving! It was HELL! The day after I took out the oatmeal, two meals and two shakes. It got a little better.

So what I am really trying to say is this. If you feed into your hunger, it will demand more. If you get pissed at your body and fight back, you will win. I know the purpose of the band is to not be hungry, but you have gone on diets before where you starved yourself for a month or so before willpower gave up. Think of this as the same, You are dieting until you get you sweet spot of restriction, and that is the reward you get for the bs you go through for the first few months.

Keep trying and know there are others out there in hell too. You can do this!!!! Good luck- hope this was helpful.:thumbup: