Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

motivation back???

Well lets see...I have to be honest with myself..I haven't been following the rules very well lately and that's probably why I haven't lost the weight I need to lose. Hubby went to Iraq, my son got expelled from school and my in-laws are a pain in my ass. I am not on a very good sleep schedule because I miss my hubby being in bed with me. I cant trust my son at home alone to do his online schooling so I have to sit at the computer and watch him the WHOLE time. I haven't been to the gym in about 2 months since hubby left and my son got into trouble with the law again and violated probation.

The gym is my sanctuary where I can think and be alone and just relax and taking my son to the gym would not be relaxing..he stresses me to the max. He lies to cops and filed a false felony statement and he was only 3 wks away from being off probation when he got expelled. So I have to take him to court in two different counties because he was going to school in another county (I drove him to/from high school everyday so he had better educ.)where he got into trouble and then our county where he violated probation. So I haven't been really motivated to do anything but lay around and just veg out. I did go to the doc and he prescribed me the little metformin pills that I can swallow and they arent ER so if you have ever been on metformin you know what it does to your body..so I'm running to the bathroom alot as well. I not only have pcos but insulin resistance too REALLY BAD!!! mad.gif

I want to get motivated again but it's so hard.frown.gif I'm thinking about recommiting after the 1st of the yr. Since hubby changed employers to go overseas we had to change insurance and this insurance doesn't cover fills so have to shell out $150 a fill..thankfully I'm close to my sweet spot. I've been pbing alot and it comes with ALOT of pain. So i'm here looking for encouragement AND see if anyone else has dealt with the motivation issue since being banded???

blessings to all

dolphinredface.gif

Now I know why I stopped threading on here...I pour my heart out to you and you view it but dont comment on it or give me any encouragement. yea this place is REALLY for comfort and support NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTT

LATER:thumbup:

Hang in there! I was able to totally get off all three of my diabetes medications (including Metformin) this month. More than losing weight, my goal has been to get off as many medications as I can. I also got off my high blood pressure medicine.

It is hard when your kids get in trouble. You feel so powerless. I hope that you are able to recommit. I also hope that 2009 is a much better year for you.

You have been through an awful lot recently, no wonder your motivation to lose weight has been lacking.

Wishing you all the best for 2009.

Sue

I am sorry to hear that about your son, I just got internet service again myself but I d0 like this site. I am a religious person and when my days seem nightly, I just look to the hills of the Lord and pray. I can only imagine what you are going through, I have 2 children 14 and 8 and I know I will have my day too.

As long as you know you have done your best to raise him, dont' be so hard on yourself. Sit down and talk with him, ask him to think back and see what wrong turn he made? Ask him about his early childhood, was he harmed in some type of why (not by you of course) maybe could have been a daycare. Just try and see why he is choosing to act out this way. Ask him if he is understanding everything in school and if it is anything or subject in particular he struggles with?

Please get back with me about this matter or private me a msg.

Well I for once have lost motivation, but I look how far I have come and how good I look and I know I still need to drop about 30 more lbs. I have set new goals of changing my eating plan/style. The last time I went back to the doctor, he stated that I did not need anymore fills because he has the band pretty tight right now and can tell. I can not eat Breakfast, usually my first meal is around 12 or 1 o clock. I have set new goals for my self to lose the 30 or at least 20 of them by May 2009. I beleive I can do it if I can leave the ice cream alone and eats it by the box. My doctor says that is because it go's down with no problem. "So I am buying me carnation instant breakfast" since it is sweet and I love sweets in the morning

Well I feel i am talking to much, I must say this I had the surgery in Dec,. 10th 2006 but I continue to do and try and get better no matter how far i have gotten I have lost over 42lbs but i went from a size 20 to 14, hopefully I will be in a 10 with at least 20lbs lost by may 2009

you take care and let the Lord fight that battle and Remember the Bible says: Cast your cares upon the lord and he will take care of it. we was not put here on this earth to worry I will be praying for you.

Sorry you have been going through all this crap ,but please keep your head up ,and as far as your son goes ,maybe you should teach him a lesson in life .My daughter who was 15 years tried to give me a run for my money ,but I kicked my butt in high gear and put her in check .I send her to a all girls placment through the courts .That fixed her wild ways but for good she stayed there for 3 months.Calling me everyday crying how she would change and be good ,well I had /had my fill of false promises and letting her walk on me .I stuck to my word ,and that was the best thing I did for myself and her, my daughter is now 22 years and works full time ,and attends college. . I could not be more proud of what a sweet young lady she turned out to be .

Everything your going through is all happening at once you need to be strong and grab the bull by the horns .Take back control of your life NOW !!! Before you slip to far and get a major case of depression going on .You have come so far ,don't let this (general Life ) get to you now . Pick yourself up and move ,take the steps you know you have to .My heart does go out to you ,since I know what a pain in the butt kids can be ,and with your husband away it just puts more pressure on you .I am here if you need to talk and get some stress out of your life ,venting is so good for the soul.Go to the gym ,and if your son can't follow the rules you put in place time to put him in check .You can do it :wink2:. Again I'm here if you need to talk .

weight.png

Well lets see...I have to be honest with myself..I haven't been following the rules very well lately and that's probably why I haven't lost the weight I need to lose. Hubby went to Iraq, my son got expelled from school and my in-laws are a pain in my ass. I am not on a very good sleep schedule because I miss my hubby being in bed with me. I cant trust my son at home alone to do his online schooling so I have to sit at the computer and watch him the WHOLE time. I haven't been to the gym in about 2 months since hubby left and my son got into trouble with the law again and violated probation.

The gym is my sanctuary where I can think and be alone and just relax and taking my son to the gym would not be relaxing..he stresses me to the max. He lies to cops and filed a false felony statement and he was only 3 wks away from being off probation when he got expelled. So I have to take him to court in two different counties because he was going to school in another county (I drove him to/from high school everyday so he had better educ.)where he got into trouble and then our county where he violated probation. So I haven't been really motivated to do anything but lay around and just veg out. I did go to the doc and he prescribed me the little metformin pills that I can swallow and they arent ER so if you have ever been on metformin you know what it does to your body..so I'm running to the bathroom alot as well. I not only have pcos but insulin resistance too REALLY BAD!!! mad.gif

I want to get motivated again but it's so hard.frown.gif I'm thinking about recommiting after the 1st of the yr. Since hubby changed employers to go overseas we had to change insurance and this insurance doesn't cover fills so have to shell out $150 a fill..thankfully I'm close to my sweet spot. I've been pbing alot and it comes with ALOT of pain. So i'm here looking for encouragement AND see if anyone else has dealt with the motivation issue since being banded???

blessings to all

dolphinredface.gif

Re: ty for your support

I am sorry to hear that about your son, I just got internet service again myself but I d0 like this site. I am a religious person and when my days seem nightly, I just look to the hills of the Lord and pray. I can only imagine what you are going through, I have 2 children 14 and 8 and I know I will have my day too.

As long as you know you have done your best to raise him, dont' be so hard on yourself. Sit down and talk with him, ask him to think back and see what wrong turn he made? Ask him about his early childhood, was he harmed in some type of why (not by you of course) maybe could have been a daycare. Just try and see why he is choosing to act out this way. Ask him if he is understanding everything in school and if it is anything or subject in particular he struggles with?

Please get back with me about this matter or private me a msg.

Well I for once have lost motivation, but I look how far I have come and how good I look and I know I still need to drop about 30 more lbs. I have set new goals of changing my eating plan/style. The last time I went back to the doctor, he stated that I did not need anymore fills because he has the band pretty tight right now and can tell. I can not eat Breakfast, usually my first meal is around 12 or 1 o clock. I have set new goals for my self to lose the 30 or at least 20 of them by May 2009. I beleive I can do it if I can leave the ice cream alone and eats it by the box. My doctor says that is because it go's down with no problem. "So I am buying me carnation instant breakfast" since it is sweet and I love sweets in the morning

Well I feel i am talking to much, I must say this I had the surgery in Dec,. 10th 2006 but I continue to do and try and get better no matter how far i have gotten I have lost over 42lbs but i went from a size 20 to 14, hopefully I will be in a 10 with at least 20lbs lost by may 2009

you take care and let the Lord fight that battle and Remember the Bible says: Cast your cares upon the lord and he will take care of it. we was not put here on this earth to worry I will be praying for you.

Scorpio

We also had problems with my step son. He was always in trouble with the law and wouldn't go to school. Finally, the court offered him the choice of going to Job Corp. What a blessing that was. We were lucky and there was a Job Corp in our area. He was in for 1 1/2 years. There he finished high school and learned a trade. We sorta of wished he took advantage of taking college classes while there but he didn't. All in all it turned out great. Hang in there, because it does get better. My best suggestion is trying to find a way to exercise so it helps relieve your stress. Wishing you a great 2009!

ty for your replies I really appreciate the understanding and nice kind words that you have given me...and it's nice to know I'm not the only one that has dealt with this kind of shit...ty again and blessings to y'all.

dolphin

Thindolphin: How old is your son? I have a 17yr old who sucks every bit of emotional energy from me. He is very needy, constantly tries to get out of things and makes me CRAZY!!! However, I have made the choice to NOT let him interfere with my success and need for my own time.

Is there anybody who can sit with your son at the computer while you go to the gym? Maybe you can do some type of barter with them...they help you out and you do the same for them in a different way.

Personally, I haven't been good about sticking to an exercise routine and my weight loss has been VERY slow. I recently made the mental commitment to "just do it" and there is no looking back now.

I think that the main thing is that you have to know that YOU are worth it!!! Don't even look for encouragement from your son because he is not capable of that at this time. He has his own issues to deal with. I feel that if he sees that you have made a commitment to yourself, maybe he will straighten up (even if it is just a tiny bit).

You are in a very stressful situation, but your health is MOST important right now, so hang in there and make the commitment to yourself!!

All the best to you!!!