Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Big changes due to a little band.

Lap Band Surgery and Lap Band Discussion Forum - OH Juli's Album: OH Juli

Forgive me for not posting the pictures but just giving you a link.

I wanted to come here and say, I've lost 170 from all time high and have about 30 more to go. It will be 2 years in March that I had the surgery.

If you're just getting started I thought you'd like some inspiration. Does that sound egotistical? Whatever. It's been a pretty amazing journey and I'm all over the place with my emotions about who I was and who I am....

Regardless. Take a look at the pics if your interested.

If you're just getting started I thought you'd like some inspiration. Does that sound egotistical?

Not even a little...you sound proud, which you should be! You look amazing. (and Go Bucks!...OSU grad here).

thats great and you should bragg and boast about it. I have been banded since feb08 and have only lost 47lbs. Whats your secret, but I just started going to the gym 4 days a week about 2 months ago. Do you work out what are your dailt eating habits.

I'm a gym rat. That's probably the biggest "secret". Work out and keep increasing either time or difficulty. Exercise does so much for you. More than just burning calories, but it makes you sweat and become alive in your skin. If you're not there yet, keep going to gym, you'll find what I'm talking about.

As for food, right now I'm not the poster child for eating properly with the band to lose weight. I'm rather maintaining my wieght instead of losing more. There is more to lose but I'm kind of on a break from hitting the food part hard.

I believe one can eat normally with the band and not gain, but to lose one really needs the diet mentality.

Congrats on you success. You are truly an inspiration. Seeing your accomplishments make me realize that i can do this too. I was banded on Aug. 27th,08 and I'm doing pretty good. I'm going in on monday for a fill but I'm having trouble getting motivated to exercise. How did you do it? Any tips would be helpful.:wink2: Thanks, Heather

Consult: May 19, 2008 409 pds.

Surgery: Aug. 27, 2008 370 pds. 10cc band

Slight Unfill <.5cc>(:crying:Stomach Virus): Dec.3,2008 341 pds.

Currently 1.5 cc in band

WOW :wink2:, I am so impressed by your weight loss. Congradulations! I also have alot to lose so you are such an inspiration. Question, do you have alot of loose skin?

Julie

CONGRATULATIONS GIRL !!!!

You look 20 yrs younger

I know that you most likely feel it too..

WTG !!!!

You have worked hard - you have every reason to be proud of yourself..

You are truly and inspirations !!!!

Well the reason you didn't realize, if I may conjecture, is because I've just changed my ticker. Before I had my lapband process weight as my starting weight.

But now I'm consider plastic surgery, for all kinds of reasons, but it had me digging out old photos and talking to surgeons about the amount of skin on my body. Well, I found the red shirt photo and at that time I was 350 pounds, (2000). I've recently changed my ticker to reflect my all time high wieght.

And yeah, because the difference is substancial between here and there, there is a huge amount of skin to be removed. Mind you one doctor said 30 pounds and the other said a "conservitively 12 pounds" with a wink.

I'm fretting a little because my weight is still pretty high but I'll be switching jobs this summer. Insurance will cover some of it, I have the time to take at my current job and I don't want to show up at the new place asking for a month off to recover from surgery. So unfortunately I'm doing this a bit sooner than is probably optimal.

Hello fellow Banders!

Glad I found you all! I've been struggling with gaining back weight! Discouraging to say the least! I was banded on May 14 and as of early Nov. had lost 45 lbs, which I've now gained about 20 of that back! OMG! Falling into the old habits, eating the wrong things, and amazingly being able to eat things that the 'team,' the doctor, the books said that 'you won't be able to eat!' Frustration is setting in and taking hold! I am not even really trying during this holiday season because I know that I am not strong enough to stay away from some of the sweets & savory foods that we usually only eat once or twice a year! Yes, all that money spend for this Band and now, I feel like I am back to square one! Mercy!

I guess 45 lbs. in 5 months was not too bad or a loss, but as with all things, of course I wanted to loss more! I have type II diabetes, knees are both shot needing total knee replacement thus keeping me from being as mobile as I need & want to be. I have protruding discs in my lower back and they are pressing on a nerve, which is causing me indescribable pain and leading to surgery at some point. Mercy me. But I still have to get some of this weight off! Okay, thanks for the listening ears!

Happy Holidays to you all, in spite of it all....we'll get there....one day at time!

Anita 45lbs in 5 months is great!!! Dont just kook at lbs look at inches. I was band feb08 and have only lost 52lbs. But I went from a size 22 to a size 16. Although the lbs are not leaving as quicly as I hoped I wont allow myself to be discouraged I just started the gym with my daughter 2 months ago and fighting some of the food temptations not all. Think before you eat and try some exercise that wont hurt your knees. Good luck and keep in touch with the group we all need support with this thing

your human now brush ya shoulders off and think to ya self what was the reasons that you got the band and focus on that. get back on board you can do it.

anita i want you to know how proud i am of you. for coming all this way and trust me i know its not easy. and for the weight you have lost. doesn't matter what happens in between just the end resuilt. so sit and figure out what you need to do maybe call ya dr. and see if you can get in for a fill. as it is never to late to start over. im here for you. i was just band 12-15-08. but, before i could get it i had to drop 39lbs i did it plus 4 extra lbs. so i know if i can do it you can.

Hello fellow Banders!

Glad I found you all! I've been struggling with gaining back weight! Discouraging to say the least! I was banded on May 14 and as of early Nov. had lost 45 lbs, which I've now gained about 20 of that back! OMG! Falling into the old habits, eating the wrong things, and amazingly being able to eat things that the 'team,' the doctor, the books said that 'you won't be able to eat!' Frustration is setting in and taking hold! I am not even really trying during this holiday season because I know that I am not strong enough to stay away from some of the sweets & savory foods that we usually only eat once or twice a year! Yes, all that money spend for this Band and now, I feel like I am back to square one! Mercy!

I guess 45 lbs. in 5 months was not too bad or a loss, but as with all things, of course I wanted to loss more! I have type II diabetes, knees are both shot needing total knee replacement thus keeping me from being as mobile as I need & want to be. I have protruding discs in my lower back and they are pressing on a nerve, which is causing me indescribable pain and leading to surgery at some point. Mercy me. But I still have to get some of this weight off! Okay, thanks for the listening ears!

Happy Holidays to you all, in spite of it all....we'll get there....one day at time!

My God Juli, you're an inspiration. You look fantastic!!! I'm so excited about getting my band...maybe these photos will help make this pre-op time a little easier :huh2: